Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Latest on Derby County's points deductions "

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:37 pm

Derby County's administrators are set to reluctantly accept a total points deduction of 21, plus a further suspended 3.

This is what they've already had deducted, with a further nine to follow. That would take them to -3 points in the current table and 18 points from safety. However, they would have no more deductions pending.

Talks ongoing over business plan but announcement expected soon.

Huge blow for Wayne Rooney but closure for club ahead of a potential sale.

Re: " Latest on Derby County's points deductions "

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:38 pm

shame :D

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:42 pm

Just need to make ourselves safe then we can enjoy the end of season party at their place.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:44 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Just need to make ourselves safe then we can enjoy the end of season party at their place.

:laughing6: Weather permitting of course! :bluebird:

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:46 pm

Reading are currently facing the prospect of being deducted between six and nine points for breaching EFL profit and sustainability rules, with an announcement expected soon, according to the notes from a recent meeting between the Supporters Trust at Reading (STAR) and the club.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:29 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Just need to make ourselves safe then we can enjoy the end of season party at their place.

:laughing6: Weather permitting of course! :bluebird:

City fans should turn up in skiing gear, goggles helmets, and skin tights!! (Skis optional) :lol: :lol: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:20 am

To me it seems harsh to deduct points from a club in financial difficulties. Not sure what the penalty should be though. Fraudulent or rule breaking I understand and should be penalised.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:00 am

OliverTwistCymru wrote:To me it seems harsh to deduct points from a club in financial difficulties. Not sure what the penalty should be though. Fraudulent or rule breaking I understand and should be penalised.

That's the whole point of the deductions. To stop teams taking advantage of the insolvency laws in the UK which enables a club to go bust through financial gambling but still remain in business. To not have sanctions is unfair on other teams who are prudent, would otherwise encourage other teams to gamble and also undermines the confidence in all football clubs of lenders and other creditors.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:48 pm

Purely hypothetical but say the further deductions take them to - 3 points and they don't get another point this season, would they then start the following season in league one with the remaining points deduction carried over?

Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:53 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Purely hypothetical but say the further deductions take them to - 3 points and they don't get another point this season, would they then start the following season in league one with the remaining points deduction carried over?

:lol:

What a great question. In theory they could decide they will go down anyway so shutdown for a few months and save money. If they did then, as you said, the minus 3 points would be wiped and that's probably not fair.

But also, way to kicka club when they step down. :lol:

Before any says, I am aware they could be expelled from the league if they do not fulfill their fixtures.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:26 pm

KARMA IS A BITCH..GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED..