Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City youngster Isaak Davies:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:16 am

Cardiff City youngster Isaak Davies says he could not stop watching replays after helping the Bluebirds end their 10-game winless run.

BBC

Thursday 11th November 2021

Academy product Davies, 20, came on for just a second senior appearance against Huddersfield Town last Saturday.

He crowned a bright cameo appearance by laying on Kieffer Moore's stoppage-time winner thanks to a fine run and cross.

"I have probably watched the video about 1,000 times," Davies said with a smile.

"I was buzzing after the weekend - it was a really good experience for me.

"I am always ready whenever I am on the bench. I had in my head that I needed to make an impact to try to get the win.

"I had a good few touches to get me going and the main bit was in the 93rd minute. I beat my man, crossed it and it was a good header [from Moore], so I was buzzing."

Davies, from Aberdare, watched Cardiff as a child with his father and grandfather.

He joined the club's youth set-up aged seven and, having come through the ranks, made his senior debut against Middlesbrough last month.

That game proved to be Mick McCarthy's last in charge at the Cardiff City Stadium, but Davies has not forgotten the influence of the former Republic of Ireland boss.

"Mick believed in me from the start," he added.

"He really liked me from the first training session. He has obviously given a few of the boys the experience of playing first-team football. I was just happy that he gave me my debut in his last game."

Davies, who is happiest up front but can also play out wide or as a number 10, is one of a number of Welsh youngsters making an impression in Cardiff's first team.

Rubin Colwill and Mark Harris have won senior Wales caps on the back of their progress at the capital-city club, where the likes of Kieron Evans, Sam Bowen and Eli King have also made senior debuts in recent months.

Davies says the youngsters are spurring one another on.

"It does help," he added. "When I saw Rubin doing well, when I saw Kieron have his two starts, it just pushed me to try to get on the pitch and do what I can and express myself."

The next landmark in Davies' sights is a first start for Wales Under-21s, who play Euro 2023 qualifiers in Gibraltar on Friday and against Switzerland in Newport on Tuesday, 16 November.

"I want to get as much as game-time as I can," he said. "I want to show what I can do."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City youngster Isaak Davies:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:15 am

Watching that on saturday took me back many years to that famous night at Ninian Park where a young winger from Bridgend called Nigel Rees beat his full-back and crossed to the far post where Brian Clarke Leaped like a salmon and scored that famous goal against Real Madrid. Well Done Isaak Davies, thats one hell of a legacy :old: :thumbup:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:20 am

Delighted for him, always nice to see someone from the academy find their way into the first team :bluebird:

Hopefully he can feature more. These young players like him, Colwill, Harris, Bowen, Evans and Zimba know and trust Steve Morison :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:58 am

Academy starting to bear fruits ,long may it continue, we need a proper winger

Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:46 pm

wez1927 wrote:Academy starting to bear fruits ,long may it continue, we need a proper winger

:thumbup:

I think he and Colwill look the ones most likely to make the grade.

Davies has got pace, can beat a player and deliver a good cross and those qualities are pretty priceless at any level.

Just one point is to point out how refreshing it was to see Colwill, in the last minute picking a ball up on the half way line and then run forward with it. It allowed Davies to stay out wide to give himself the angle to take on the fullback.

Under McCarthy, and Warnock, Colwill would have been told to turn and lump it, hopefully, into the area.

Amazing how quickly the approach has changed.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:54 pm

This is why its important to keep morison he has nurtured them and molded them and they like playing for him
I cannot believe we want to go elsewhere the board have been banging the saving money drum long enough
now they have a chance to save on spending on a new manager they go in the oppisite direction.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:57 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Academy starting to bear fruits ,long may it continue, we need a proper winger

:thumbup:

I think he and Colwill look the ones most likely to make the grade.

Davies has got pace, can beat a player and deliver a good cross and those qualities are pretty priceless at any level.

Just one point is to point out how refreshing it was to see Colwill, in the last minute picking a ball up on the half way line and then run forward with it. It allowed Davies to stay out wide to give himself the angle to take on the fullback.

Under McCarthy, and Warnock, Colwill would have been told to turn and lump it, hopefully, into the area.

Amazing how quickly the approach has changed.

Totally agree

Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:12 pm

montyblue wrote:This is why its important to keep morison he has nurtured them and molded them and they like playing for him
I cannot believe we want to go elsewhere the board have been banging the saving money drum long enough
now they have a chance to save on spending on a new manager they go in the oppisite direction.

Or do they? Lol

Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:25 pm

A good player. The one youngster able to emerge and possibly have a longer term impact.