Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: “ Our New Cardiff City Manager “

Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:43 am

ANNOUNCEMENT IN NEXT 48 HOURS: :bluebird: :bluebird:

STEVE MORISON TO BE NAMED :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

The Transfer Committee have agreed to keep Steve Morison as manager of Cardiff City :bluebird: :bluebird:

Morison’s assistant coach Tom Ramasut will continue as well :thumbright: :bluebird:

I have found out this morning that virtually NO one has been interviewed for the job.

Chris Wilder was and turned us down.

They never even interviewed Michael Beale from Rangers.

Mike Flynn was on the brink of it until Steve Morison took over temporary.

Why the media keep saying Bellamy, when their has been NO approach at all from either side.

They did contact Neil Warnock.

NO Big names have been interviewed due to the fact NO money can be given to strengthen our squad in January.

Also I believe that Steve Morison will be given more games, even up to Xmas, which I think is fair and right :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Latest on New Cardiff City Manager “

Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:I have found out this morning that virtually NO one has been interviewed for the job.

Why the media keep saying Bellamy, when their has been NO approach at all from either side.

NO Big names have been interviewed due to the fact NO money can be given to strengthen our squad in January.

Also I believe that Steve Morison will be given more games, even up to Xmas, which I think is fair and right :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Annis perhaps Morison is the deal that was done? :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:I have found out this morning that virtually NO one has been interviewed for the job.

The last option (Steve Morison) would be the sensible one right now... :clap:

Let's be honest here, what could any new manager change before the transfer window that Steve Morison isn't already doing with some success? :?:

The club or (so called Committee) appear inept right now and are seemingly caught out either by someone or something

El Committee should let the dust, settle, see how Steve Morison does until the January Transfer Window and 'plan' your bloody homework in the meantime! ;)

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:18 am

What did you expect?
No money.
Morison just won a game.
Better football being played.

As Slade already told us,
We're not shopping in Harrods.

Ive got my fingers crossed for Morison.
Because weve actually wasted nore £millions since Slades statement.
Successive Managers bringing their
Shite in with them....

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:41 am

Sven wrote:

The last option (Steve Morison) would be the sensible one right now... :clap:

Let's be honest here, what could any new manager change before the transfer window that Steve Morison isn't already doing with some success? :?:

The club or (so called Committee) appear inept right now and are seemingly caught out either by someone or something

El Committee should let the dust, settle, see how Steve Morison does until the January Transfer Window and 'plan' your bloody homework in the meantime! ;)

Agree with everything you've said there. Especially the part about using the interim to make a ffin PLAN. Right now it seems like their master plan is just to stop ourselves from drowning at all costs.

Tan has well and truly pulled the plug on CCFC. :banghead:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:44 am

This makes it even more sensible to give it to Morison.

He knows the club, the players want him, the fans want him, he has improved the way we play.

He's the obvious choice.

I'd give him until the end of the season, but until the New Year at the very least.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:Also I believe that Steve Morison will be given more games, even up to Xmas, which I think is fair and right :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I totally agree with this option Annis.

I think Steve has shown enough change in our playing style, which is a lot more attractive than the hoofball we have been suffering most of the season, to warrant a stint until at least the New Year. :bluebird:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:01 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:This makes it even more sensible to give it to Morison.

He knows the club, the players want him, the fans want him, he has improved the way we play.

He's the obvious choice.

I'd give him until the end of the season, but until the New Year at the very least.

Agreed, I think he'll get it now, we would need an easy get out clause just in case.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:02 am

In some way I have some sympathy for Vincent Tan (I know Annis will not like this) as someone else has said a number of managers ( including Warnock) have come in and been supported in bringing players, or as someone else said their dross of their choice in, and spent a fortune on it. its no wonder that our owner has said enough is enough.

The WIN WIN position now rests with Morison, he brings no baggage to the table and has no " so-called connections with players, agents and other clubs, HE IS JUST LINKED TO OUR OWN VERY SUCCESSFUL UNDER 23S. So lets stop going around the houses and confirm that Steve Morison has the support of the Owner, the Chairman, the Board, the players and us the fans. :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :D

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:18 am

eddiep wrote:What did you expect?
No money.
Morison just won a game.
Better football being played.

As Slade already told us,
We're not shopping in Harrods.

Ive got my fingers crossed for Morison.
Because weve actually wasted nore £millions since Slades statement.
Successive Managers bringing their
Shite in with them....

I NEVER EXPECTED ANYTHING DIFFERENT?

Where did I say it??????

Plus I wanted Steve Morison :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:44 am

Whistler wrote:In some way I have some sympathy for Vincent Tan (I know Annis will not like this) as someone else has said a number of managers ( including Warnock) have come in and been supported in bringing players, or as someone else said their dross of their choice in, and spent a fortune on it. its no wonder that our owner has said enough is enough.

The WIN WIN position now rests with Morison, he brings no baggage to the table and has no " so-called connections with players, agents and other clubs, HE IS JUST LINKED TO OUR OWN VERY SUCCESSFUL UNDER 23S. So lets stop going around the houses and confirm that Steve Morison has the support of the Owner, the Chairman, the Board, the players and us the fans. :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :D

Your right I don’t :lol:

Malky and Warnock, Both Won Promotions to the Premier League, bringing £hundreds of thousands in to our club.

Our Committee headed by Tan, actually stated they were fully in charge.

We should of learnt after our first promotion.

Tan has wasted £millions upon £millions behind the scenes, from Rebrand, Court Cases, 11 managers, 6 CEO etc etc etc

We are now paying the price for the bad management from the top , over 11 yrs of it.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:45 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Also I believe that Steve Morison will be given more games, even up to Xmas, which I think is fair and right :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I totally agree with this option Annis.

I think Steve has shown enough change in our playing style, which is a lot more attractive than the hoofball we have been suffering most of the season, to warrant a stint until at least the New Year. :bluebird:

Spot on Jim :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:50 am

Whistler wrote:In some way I have some sympathy for Vincent Tan (I know Annis will not like this) as someone else has said a number of managers ( including Warnock) have come in and been supported in bringing players, or as someone else said their dross of their choice in, and spent a fortune on it. its no wonder that our owner has said enough is enough.

Do you think every other club hit the jackpot with every signing they make? Even the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City etc make mistakes in the transfer market that are costly.

It doesn't mean they then refuse to spend money going forward.

The bottom line is you shouldn't own a football club if you're not prepared to invest in the playing staff.

Nobody is asking him to spend £20m a year on transfer fees, but to at least give managers some money to spend so we can compete.

But he's not doing that. If he wants to own a League One club, then he's going the right way about it.

The fact that Dalman said a while back that this squad is capable of finishing in the top six is laughable.

Morison has been using academy players more because he can't trust the senior players. I think that says it all about the state of our squad.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:56 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Do you think every other club hit the jackpot with every signing they make? Even the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City etc make mistakes in the transfer market that are costly.

The bottom line is you shouldn't own a football club if you're not prepared to invest in the playing staff.

Nobody is asking him to spend £20m a year on transfer fees, but to at least give managers some money to spend so we can compete.

But he's not doing that. If he wants to own a League One club, then he's going the right way about it.

The fact that Dalman said a while back that this squad is capable of finishing in the top six is laughable.

Morison has been using academy players more because he can't trust the senior players. I think that says it all about the state of our squad.

Over 200milion hes invested and every manager has wasted millions on crap tbf to tan ,the academy has been massively invested in the last 11 years and we are now starting to see these players come through inwould give the job to morison till end of thecsrsson and see what he can do

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:06 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Sadly Spot on Ned :thumbright: :bluebird:

And they have rushed so many kids through it’s unbelievable and many of them Never even came through Our Accademy.

We still don’t really know how many will actually be Good Championship players.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:07 am

wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Over 200milion hes invested and every manager has wasted millions on crap tbf to tan ,the academy has been massively invested in the last 11 years and we are now starting to see these players come through inwould give the job to morison till end of thecsrsson and see what he can do

My point stands, you think this is not the case at other clubs? Of course it is.

If several managers have wasted money, then Tan needs to look at himself and his cronies.

Re: UPDATED: “ Latest on New Cardiff City Manager “

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:22 am

Latest
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:35 am

Well it's certainly not Beale now, he has joined Gerrard at Aston Villa as part of the coaching team. Shame, but happy with Morison to be honest.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:43 am

While there may not be money to sign anyone new, what is the likelihood of bringing back some of our loan players? We could use some senior player reinforcements and for his faults, Murphy has pace and a better style may suit him

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:54 am

wez1927 wrote:Latest

Wez,

Glen, Just copied me as I tweeted him at 8am this morning :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:55 am

CantonStandBob wrote:Well it's certainly not Beale now, he has joined Gerrard at Aston Villa as part of the coaching team. Shame, but happy with Morison to be honest.

He never was, they never even spoke to him, it was Media Wales bullshit :lol:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:56 am

Morison for me, with one simple brief, keep us up. :bluescarf:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:Well it's certainly not Beale now, he has joined Gerrard at Aston Villa as part of the coaching team. Shame, but happy with Morison to be honest.

He never was, they never even spoke to him, it was Media Wales bullshit :lol:

Sounds about right with this ccfc board. Clueless.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:41 pm

I thought according to Roger our INCOMING manager was all a done deal .Now we havwnt interviewed any one .?

Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:42 pm

Updated:

Contact was made with former Bluebirds manager Neil Warnock, who was installed as third favourite to take the Cardiff job after his departure from Middlesbrough, however nothing materialised pertaining to a return to the Welsh capital.

All other candidates seemingly have not fit the bill with the majority not even being interviewed, the work Morison and Ramasut have done in the intervening period has impressed Vincent Tan and the City board.

The pair, who have struck up an excellent partnership at under-23s level, will continue to take first-team training as we await an announcement over who will be appointed on a permanent basis.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:06 pm

DEANO wrote:I thought according to Roger our INCOMING manager was all a done deal .Now we havwnt interviewed any one .?

He didn't say that it was an external appointment, people just jumped to that conclusion due to the word incoming.

Any new manager was incoming due to the fact we don't currently have a manager, we have an interim manager.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:24 pm

Igovernor wrote:

Roger, this was the deal that was done in the last 48hrs :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:29 pm

DEANO wrote:I thought according to Roger our INCOMING manager was all a done deal .Now we havwnt interviewed any one .?

The deal was with Morison :thumbup:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Roger, this was the deal that was done in the last 48hrs :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

:thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Great news :thumbright: