Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED: “ On New Cardiff City Manager “

Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:41 pm

Very happy to hear this. At least we know that we will all be pulling in the same direction and Morison with have the vast majority of fans on board. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:59 pm

They never even interviewed Michael Beale from Rangers

Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:59 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:Very happy to hear this. At least we know that we will all be pulling in the same direction and Morison with have the vast majority of fans on board. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Jim, :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:08 pm

I'm am excited to see Steve given more time to embed his style. U23s he massively turned around culture and style and results and in 2 weeks you could see with 1st team some positives....let's get behind him and the team.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:21 pm

I think he deserves more games and review again at Christmas. It looks like senior players are responding to his methods plus his knowledge of the youngsters, may = success :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They never even interviewed Michael Beale from Rangers

That is a shame as he looks like he has got something special about him.

IF he was on their list, maybe they weren’t allowed to formally interview him and/or maybe he wasn’t interested due to the situation at Villa.

I still think it is too early for SMs own development to take us on, but if he can continue the progress he has shown in the first few games then hopefully it will be a good appointment…and it’s certainly more interesting to watch!

Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Most exciting attacking football we have had in ages in the last couple of games under morison, very happy with him staying on

Re: UPDATED: “ Latest on New Cardiff City Manager “

Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
DEANO wrote:I thought according to Roger our INCOMING manager was all a done deal .Now we havwnt interviewed any one .?

He didn't say that it was an external appointment, people just jumped to that conclusion due to the word incoming.

Any new manager was incoming due to the fact we don't currently have a manager, we have an interim manager.

Correct.. ! :thumbup:

And we also said it wasn't to be Mike Flynn, too! ;)

Happy when/if this all turns out to be correct! :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:54 pm

From what I’ve read, Beale would have been my choice. Maybe he will still come rather than follow Gerrard to Villa, if he wants to manage his own club.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:59 pm

Great news perhaps we can start filling up the stadium again and make it a fortress and give morison our full support bril news

Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:02 pm

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:

From what I’ve read, Beale would have been my choice. Maybe he will still come rather than follow Gerrard to Villa, if he wants to manage his own club.

He was apparently never coming and thd deal to go to Villa with Gerrard is done...

Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:55 am

Sven wrote:
Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:

He was apparently never coming and thd deal to go to Villa with Gerrard is done...

And to be fair, wo would blame him ?? Premier league experience, or try your luck with a lower end championship club? I'm happy with morison being given till seasons end, we get what we have been craving, a young, forward thinking manager, and better still, he knows the club well, especially the youngsters.

If we can add a bit of experience with a couple of deals in jan,which is usually a bad time to do business, but this year it will be different imho, so fingers crossed, do up them seatbelts, the CCFC rollercoaster has just started the hill climb!! Hold tight people!! CCFC!