Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Worrying times

Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:15 pm

I hope I am wrong but it’s a massive job for Morrison especially as it’s is 1st proper job I really hope is lack of experience don’t take us down but I will like any other manager get behind him

Re: Worrying times

Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:26 pm

What gets me is people wanted an experienced manager with contacts. Well we had that with Mick McCarthy.

The best experienced managers with contacts are above our level because they're in high demand.

Morison was the best realistic candidate, once Wilder turned us down.

I'm not worried at all. I'm pleased and, in all honesty, quite relieved we didn't go for the likes of Hughton, Pulis etc who would be Mick McCarthy repeated.

Every manager has to get their first chance somewhere and I'm glad we've given Morison the opportunity.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:19 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:What gets me is people wanted an experienced manager with contacts. Well we had that with Mick McCarthy.

The best experienced managers with contacts are above our level because they're in high demand.

I'm not worried at all. I'm pleased and, in all honesty, quite relieved we didn't go for the likes of Hughton, Pulis etc who would be Mick McCarthy repeated.

Every manager has to get their first chance somewhere and I'm glad we've given Morison the opportunity.

I don't buy this turned us down, it's more like he had two good offers one near home with a big club and chose that option. we were probably unlucky that Boro were sounding out Managers at the same time as we were looking.

We should have been doing the same months ago !!!

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:26 pm

Bluebina wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:What gets me is people wanted an experienced manager with contacts. Well we had that with Mick McCarthy.

I don't buy this turned us down, it's more like he had two good offers one near home with a big club and chose that option. we were probably unlucky that Boro were sounding out Managers at the same time as we were looking.

We should have been doing the same months ago !!!

We approached Wilder at least 10 days before Boro did.
Wilder had already turned us down, it’s sadly true.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:35 pm

F#ck wilder anyway!! Old news now, he not exactly in the "YOUNG" bracket imho.glad we have gone with morison.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:39 pm

bluesince62 wrote:F#ck wilder anyway!! Old news now, he not exactly in the "YOUNG" bracket imho.glad we have gone with morison.

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:49 pm

bluesince62 wrote:F#ck wilder anyway!! Old news now, he not exactly in the "YOUNG" bracket imho.glad we have gone with morison.

Exactly this. f**k him. If he wanted a massive pot of cash is he that confident in his abilities to turn it around anyway! We'd be pissing more money away no doubt!

Happy with Morison. He's got my support!

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:30 am

Good post. Totally agree.