Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My take on morison

Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:50 pm

First off IF TRUE he is to stay on till the end of the season, this is my take on the situation.
First off I wanted beale. Felt he was the best option if we could afford him and his demands.

But I'm also very happy morison is considered or chosen.
Reasons for this...
I see us as a club needing a bit of a reboot. Similar to what other clubs have done. Get rid of the high wages and blood youth into the team. Our youth academy of late has had a long patch of players who've not met the mark.
But I've always been aware of this batch of youngsters (over the next 5 years). Lots of potential. I've said this the last 2 years when people have shot us down for the development.
But it's the restart I feel we need. Bring in a manager who knows the youth of the club. He has helped develop the youth into playing an attractive and certainly productive style of play. Which I'm sure he will stamp into the first team the coming months.
I don't see this as end of the world even if you was to go down (which I don't personal feel will happen, I see us middle of the pack come end of the season).
Next season will have a opportunity to get rid of near all high wages, build a young hungry team and hopefully allow us to bring 3 or 4 players who can bring in the experience needed. This is similar to what some clubs have done like Brentford for example.
If we can keep the best of our youth and build around it, in couple of seasons we could have some very good players on our hands.

Re: My take on morison

Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:57 pm

I think the main issue most will have is that it’s taken close to 3 weeks for the club to come up with a stop gap - more if you think that must have started to think about during MM’s awful run of games.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:03 pm

TranferCommittee wrote:I think the main issue most will have is that it’s taken close to 3 weeks for the club to come up with a stop gap - more if you think that must have started to think about during MM’s awful run of games.

The club said from the very start that Morison would be in charge for those three games.

I'll criticise them a lot, but there's no reason to criticise them for that as it was always going to be the case.

Very pleased that Morison is in charge.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:06 pm

3rd game took place close to a week ago.

What has changed between now and last Saturday?

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:10 pm

TranferCommittee wrote:I think the main issue most will have is that it’s taken close to 3 weeks for the club to come up with a stop gap - more if you think that must have started to think about during MM’s awful run of games.

If I'm honest I think originally they was hoping to have warnock back. And warnock knew he was on the way out.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:25 pm

TranferCommittee wrote:3rd game took place close to a week ago.

Nothing. The target was always to make a decision this week and that has happened.

We don't have a game for another nine days and there are a number of players on international duty so match preparation wouldn't have even started yet.

There was no rush to make a decision on Monday compared to Wednesday or Thursday.

The last game was five days ago and then it was a day off for everyone on the Sunday. The deal was agreed in principle yesterday, apparently.

So that is just two full working days before the decision was made, that is not a long time.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:33 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Nothing. The target was always to make a decision this week and that has happened.

We don't have a game for another nine days and there are a number of players on international duty so match preparation wouldn't have even started yet.

There was no rush to make a decision on Monday compared to Wednesday or Thursday.

The last game was five days ago and then it was a day off for everyone on the Sunday. The deal was agreed in principle yesterday, apparently.

So that is just two full working days before the decision was made, that is not a long time.

And it’s only a stop gap. 3 weeks to appoint some until the of season.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:38 pm

TranferCommittee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

No it's a long term appointment with the potential for longer.

If he does well, his contract will be extended and they won't look elsewhere. If he doesn't, he'll move on.

A stop gap would have been giving him the job until January.

I know some people like to create controversy with every decision they make, but perfectly understandable in this case.

There's not many times you'll hear me defending the current ownership so I'm going to stop now :lol:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:42 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
TranferCommittee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

No it's a long term appointment with the potential for longer.

If he does well, his contract will be extended and they won't look elsewhere. If he doesn't, he'll move on.

A stop gap would have been giving him the job until January.

I know some people like to create controversy with every decision they make, but perfectly understandable in this case.

There's not many times you'll hear me defending the current ownership so I'm going to stop now :lol:

No offence to you Worcester, but the guy seems to have just popped up? And his username to me, spells put his main aims, and that's having a pop regardless. I'm in agreance with you by the way, glad he is here for the season, and if he does reasonably well, longer!

We, well a lot of fans, have been crying out for the club to re set and it looks as if we are getting our wish, younger manager, players, no big earners to pay big money to, as contracts running out, so they either take what's offered, or move on.

I'm looking forward to not looking for the ball amongst the sea gulls for once, have to say, survival has to be the goal, and I think we will, then its re build time for nxt year, ONWARDS & UPWARDS. CCFC.