Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City 2021 - Farke - Smith - Missed Opportunity

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:19 pm

What an opportunity Daniel Farke Dean Smith - two excellent Championship Managers with real success available when we have a vacancy - look like we have not approached them - Beale also out of reach - Good luck to Steve Morrison we all want him to succeed

Re: Cardiff City 2021 - Farke - Smith - Missed Opportunity

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:23 pm

Maybe they don't want to go straight back in?

Smith will feel he can get a Premier League job next time anyway.

People seem to be forgetting that we are near the bottom of the Championship and can't attract these sort of managers.

Just another case of more fans looking to find something to moan about.

Flynn isn't being appointed so I guess people had to find something else to moan about.

I've been saying that I hope Morison got the job and I'm pleased he has, not going to change that just to have a go at the club - they've made a sensible decision for a change.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:36 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Maybe they don't want to go straight back in?

People seem to be forgetting that we are near the bottom of the Championship and can't attract these sort of managers.

Flynn isn't being appointed so I guess people had to find something else to moan about.

I've been saying that I hope Morison got the job and I'm pleased he has, not going to change that just to have a go at the club - they've made a sensible decision for a change.

Spot on, Ned; just a constant flow of negativity from some and in and out at any opportunity from others :(

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:07 pm

Agree most mangers take a break after being sacked, Dean Smith been interviewed by Norwich today ,its between him and Lampard aparently

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Agree most mangers take a break after being sacked, Dean Smith been interviewed by Norwich today ,its between him and Lampard aparently

Dean Smith 'keen' to get the Norwich job... :thumbright:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:39 pm

It doesn't take a genius to work out we're not the most attractive proposition to manage at the moment. Potentially no money to spend a squad with a vast amount coming to the end of their contracts.
We need to be realistic and to have someone who is trying to change the footballing style to something more pleasing on the eye and bringing in some home grown players will get my approval.
If it ends up going tits up only time will tell but I think a lot of us are prepared to roll the dice on this one.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:19 am

cendl blue wrote:It doesn't take a genius to work out we're not the most attractive proposition to manage at the moment. Potentially no money to spend a squad with a vast amount coming to the end of their contracts.
We need to be realistic and to have someone who is trying to change the footballing style to something more pleasing on the eye and bringing in some home grown players will get my approval.
If it ends up going tits up only time will tell but I think a lot of us are prepared to roll the dice on this one.

Well said :clap:

I feel with the pending appointment of Steve Morison and Tom Ramasut, the majority will have a feeling of 'we are in this together' :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:30 am

Our rebadged roathie will be along in a minute to pour scorn over the appointment.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:19 am

We have bemoaned the style of football for a number of years and we have been critical of the lack of kids coming through. Hell's Teeth we have the potental of both those ticks in the box in one go, I think Morison is the really the best possible answer, going forward, what we have to do is have patience as there will be some bumps in the road ahead so lets all keep our nerve :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:51 am

Every manager started somewhere . Including all the big names . I think/hope we have uncovered a gem , in Morison .
No one knows the kids better , he turned the under 23's around in less than a year . We can see what he is trying to achieve with the first team , in only 3 games the football is a lot better . Some people say we had luck in the Stoke and Huddersfield games , I would say its about time our luck changed , or are we making our own luck , by playing positive front foot football ?