Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ NEIL WARNOCK “

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:16 am

Warnock delighted he got to thank Cardiff City fans

Friday 12th November 2021

By Glen Williams

Neil Warnock has said that the ovation he got from Cardiff fans this season has made it easier to end his time in management, if indeed it is the end of the road.

Warnock was let go by Middlesbrough last weekend and replaced by Chris Wilder who had two weeks earlier turned Warnocks former club Cardiff City down for the managers job.

He didn't close the door on taking another job this season, but said that finally being able to thank the adoring Bluebirds supporters after his Boro side had beaten Cardiff a few weeks back has provided him with great comfort and closure if his time in management is over.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"What's happened on Saturday, if there were a time to finish I can't think of a better way to finish than in front of the fans at West Brom," he told talkSPORT.

"The players were amazing and the fans were. I just think that was the most moving thing I had.

"A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to go back to Cardiff. And I could say thank you, I never got to do that during the pandemic.

"Once again, they were absolutely amazing. Last Saturday and the Cardiff thing, it does make me realise how lucky I am.

"It is a great way [to bow out], if that is the end."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ NEIL WARNOCK “

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:20 am

Just glad hes not coming back tbh, he did so well 1st time around, I dont believe he would of again, once bitten and all that, good luck to him, he should retire now and enjoy what little freedoms he has left with covid etc.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:38 am

bluesince62 wrote:Just glad hes not coming back tbh, he did so well 1st time around, I dont believe he would of again, once bitten and all that, good luck to him, he should retire now and enjoy what little freedoms he has left with covid etc.

Tend to agree, Paul :thumbup:

TalkSport beckons for Neil now and a grand job he will do... :ayatollah: :clap:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:46 am

It’s not actually what he said though, there’s parts missing from the interview which will paint it very differently. Heard him while listening to said interview

Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:05 pm

Tuggi wrote:It’s not actually what he said though, there’s parts missing from the interview which will paint it very differently. Heard him while listening to said interview

Such as? Bits left out I mean, and why a totally different picture?

Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:22 pm

We are desperate need for a football man on the board. Neil is now apparently ready for a less intensive gig. We have an exciting roocky manager who has a way of doing things but could do with an experienced head to talk to on occasion. Match made in heaven?

Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:01 am

I am not a fan as I have pointed out in another thread.

Let him retire with an incredible record, never to be matched in terms of games managed.

I wouldn't want him back on the board... He's not good at transfers (when fees are involved), has too many personal links to agents and his footballing philosophy isn't something that should influence the board.

Saying that I agree we need a footballing person on the board.. I hoped when Tan took over and realised he was clueless about running a club that a DoF would be appointed... Lennie Lawrence was my choice at the time, but that's no longer possible...

My left field choice would be Laura McAllister... Massive city fan, knows the game inside and out, very respected, former professional player and has a brilliant strategic mind and approach to developing the game, as reflected when she narrowly missed out on top FIFA job recently

Sadly I don't see Choo, Dalman or Tan having the humility to appoint anyone who would challenge them or admit they need someone on the board.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:51 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:I am not a fan as I have pointed out in another thread.

Let him retire with an incredible record, never to be matched in terms of games managed.

I wouldn't want him back on the board... He's not good at transfers (when fees are involved), has too many personal links to agents and his footballing philosophy isn't something that should influence the board.

Saying that I agree we need a footballing person on the board.. I hoped when Tan took over and realised he was clueless about running a club that a DoF would be appointed... Lennie Lawrence was my choice at the time, but that's no longer possible...

My left field choice would be Laura McAllister... Massive city fan, knows the game inside and out, very respected, former professional player and has a brilliant strategic mind and approach to developing the game, as reflected when she narrowly missed out on top FIFA job recently

Sadly I don't see Choo, Dalman or Tan having the humility to appoint anyone who would challenge them or admit they need someone on the board.

Fairplay a very good suggestion