Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Local football mad lad 7 year old needs a heart transplant

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:00 am

Just read this https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/heal ... t-22078001 then realised he plays for Ely Rangers Football Club the same club as my son. He's only 7 years old and has a very very rare condition called restrictive cardiomyopathy (no cure - needs a heart transplant) he's now in Great ormond street hospital.

The family have started a go fundme to try and raise £5,000 here https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-heal-billy

If you can spare a couple of quid to help a footballing family please do (his Dad is a coach at the club)

Please feel free to share the links on facebook and whatever else you use.

Thanks in advance

Re: Local football mad lad 7 year old needs a heart transpla

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:21 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Just read this https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/heal ... t-22078001 then realised he plays for Ely Rangers Football Club the same club as my son. He's only 7 years old and has a very very rare condition called restrictive cardiomyopathy (no cure - needs a heart transplant) he's now in Great ormond street hospital.

The family have started a go fundme to try and raise £5,000 here https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-heal-billy

If you can spare a couple of quid to help a footballing family please do (his Dad is a coach at the club)

Please feel free to share the links on facebook and whatever else you use.

Thanks in advance

Just donated mate,I have a great nephew who has been in hospital since his birth 7 months ago,he was born with no upper airway, and in reality, should never have been born!! Was rushed to GOSH,where they did 7 hr surgery, he was there 4 months, now in cardiff, and touch wood, doing really well to date, more major surgeries to come, but he is still here fighting.

Without a go fund me page, his parents would have struggled to stay in london by his side, so please, anyone who reads the OP post, do the right thing,even if it's a couple of quid.

Well done for posting this Rees,I'd have done it, if I knew it was allowed.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:29 am

Rees, if you know the family, let them know of the Ronald McDonald House close to GOSH, where they can stay at very reasonable cost (not very much at all) whilst their boy is there.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:33 am

bluesince62 wrote:Rees, if you know the family, let them know of the Ronald McDonald House close to GOSH, where they can stay at very reasonable cost (not very much at all) whilst their boy is there.

Thanks Bluesince62 - I'll pass it on. Sorry to hear about your nephew - hope he's on the mend.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:37 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:Rees, if you know the family, let them know of the Ronald McDonald House close to GOSH, where they can stay at very reasonable cost (not very much at all) whilst their boy is there.

Thanks Bluesince62 - I'll pass it on. Sorry to hear about your nephew - hope he's on the mend.

He is still on critical illness ward, but is doing really well, considering!! Gosh have written a paper on him, as it's never been heard of, he really is a miracle boy,and my praise goes to gosh, as in the heath, his parents were told to take photos, he wont be here for 48hrs! And thanks to the surgeons and team at gosh, he is still with us,7 mths on,and is such a smiley little thing too.is this a sticky now? Cant see as on phone.if not it should be.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:38 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:

He is still on critical illness ward, but is doing really well, considering!! Gosh have written a paper on him, as it's never been heard of, he really is a miracle boy,and my praise goes to gosh, as in the heath, his parents were told to take photos, he wont be here for 48hrs! And thanks to the surgeons and team at gosh, he is still with us,7 mths on,and is such a smiley little thing too.is this a sticky now? Cant see as on phone.if not it should be.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:47 pm

My heart goes out to you mate. I have a close family member who works in the children's hospital and the work they do is amazing. It can be a tough place to work though so Im told.

The city platyers and cardiff blues used to visit all the time especially at xmas time. Calum Patterson went above and beyond the call of duty a few times a couple of years ago pre covid times.

Im sure your little fella will be home soon enough :thumbup:

Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:40 am

Donated.

Someone make this a sticky.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:46 pm

nubbsy wrote:Donated.

Someone make this a sticky.

I did mention the sticky also, as it really should be. Its as local lad, football related. and a very worthwhile cause indeed!