Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VINCENT TAN:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:13 pm

Vincent Tan:

“I have been encouraged by the team’s improved performances over the past three games, with the adoption of a more attractive and progressive style of football.

“What’s more, I think that the excellent work done by Steve and Tom at U23 level this season puts them in the very best position to help develop a talented crop of young players emerging at senior level. I’m also very pleased that Mark is returning to the club as part of the coaching setup.

“A healthy finish in the Championship this season is, of course, of paramount importance. A review of the side’s progress will be undertaken at the end of the campaign.”

Re: VINCENT TAN:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:30 pm

Let's hope we have enough to survive. I feel we have the best placed option in place for us to survive now.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:34 pm

Playing a bit of football instead of hoof may just keep us up.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:50 pm

If its attractive football and we start to pull away then maybe, just maybe he may put his hand in his pocket in Jan ?

Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:55 pm

It speaks...! :shock: :laughing6:

At last! An intelligent statement and decision from Vincent Tan at this point... :clap:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Vincent Tan:

“I have been encouraged by the team’s improved performances over the past three games, with the adoption of a more attractive and progressive style of football.

“What’s more, I think that the excellent work done by Steve and Tom at U23 level this season puts them in the very best position to help develop a talented crop of young players emerging at senior level. I’m also very pleased that Mark is returning to the club as part of the coaching setup.

“A healthy finish in the Championship this season is, of course, of paramount importance. A review of the side’s progress will be undertaken at the end of the campaign.”

Paragraph one agree, paragraph two agree in parts, paragraph three shows that heads are still firmly stuck in the sand.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:32 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

Paragraph one agree, paragraph two agree in parts, paragraph three shows that heads are still firmly stuck in the sand.

Paragraph 3, to me makes the most sense! I guess he means safety in the league, not winning the thing, the assess at the end of the season,is sensible, why not? Better then giving someone two yrs, then stuck with them if it goes pear shaped!

What parts of paragraph 2 do you disagree with in particular??

Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:07 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Paragraph 3, to me makes the most sense! I guess he means safety in the league, not winning the thing, the assess at the end of the season,is sensible, why not? Better then giving someone two yrs, then stuck with them if it goes pear shaped!

Absolutely; unless you have an unhealthy one-dimensional downer on the owner :roll:

Choosing the right times to 'knock' the owner is where the more considered posters gain their credibility on the subject matter ;)

Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:19 pm

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Absolutely; unless you have an unhealthy one-dimensional downer on the owner :roll:

Choosing the right times to 'knock' the owner is where the more considered posters gain their credibility on the subject matter ;)

Spot on.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:34 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

A healthy finish IS of Importance, however to think that such a 'healthy finish' is a possibility when you offer a manager no money last transfer window, and no money in the next January transfer window is pure folly.

I've said it's a good appointment and I wish Morison well. Had the phrase ' safety and survival is of Paramount Importance been made then I would have had some respect, but it's as if this appointment will somehow magically put us in a healthy position.

If it helps, the part of paragraph two I disagree with is the word 'talented' .

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:07 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

A healthy finish IS of Importance, however to think that such a 'healthy finish' is a possibility when you offer a manager no money last transfer window, and no money in the next January transfer window is pure folly.

I've said it's a good appointment and I wish Morison well. Had the phrase ' safety and survival is of Paramount Importance been made then I would have had some respect, but it's as if this appointment will somehow magically put us in a healthy position.

I genuinely think you've (wantingly) taken Vincent Tan's words well out of context

Let's look at what he actually said in Paragraph 3...

Quote (VT): "A healthy finish in the Championship this season is, of course, of paramount importance. A review of the side’s progress will be undertaken at the end of the campaign.

I fail to see where he (VT) has said anything other than he wants a 'healthy' finish to the season, i.e. not to be dragged into a dogfight at the bottom

I see nowhere he says he expects promotion or a play-off finish or where he says anything the (majority of) the rest of aren't thinking or wanting?

I also note his "A review of the side’s progress will be undertaken at the end of the campaign" as being a very sensible (and maybe positive) thing to be saying after so much silence

Steve Morison is now under pressure to deliver on his early promise and it seems both Vincent Tan and the club's (majority of) supporters are 'happy' to see that happen

Now is definitely not 'Tan-trum' time

After all, we could be here discussing Mike Flynn's appointment right now and I for one am grateful to our owner for dodging that one :D

As I said previously, knocking for the sake of it simply devalues the valid parts of any debate on the subject matter ;)

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:11 am

Sven wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

I genuinely think you've (wantingly) taken Vincent Tan's words well out of context

Quote (VT): "A healthy finish in the Championship this season is, of course, of paramount importance. A review of the side’s progress will be undertaken at the end of the campaign.

I fail to see where he (VT) has said anything other than he wants a 'healthy' finish to the season, i.e. not to be dragged into a dogfight at the bottom

I see nowhere he says he expects promotion or a play-off finish or where he says anything the (majority of) the rest of aren't thinking or wanting?

I also note his "A review of the side’s progress will be undertaken at the end of the campaign" as being a very sensible (and maybe positive) thing to be saying after so much silence

Steve Morison is now under pressure to deliver on his early promise and it seems both Vincent Tan and the club's (majority of) supporters are 'happy' to see that happen

After all, we could be here discussing Mike Flynn's appointment right now and I for one am grateful to our owner for dodging that one :D

As I said previously, knocking for the sake of it simply devalues the valid parts of any debate on the subject matter ;)

A perfectly written and articulate answer to this poster who surely has some sort of hidden agenda and bitterness in his life.
Looking so hard for negativity where there is none is a very strange trait.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:31 am

Yes.
Unknockable really.
A statement that is on point, positive and articulate.

I've loathed the guy. But this is a good statement.

Grit your teeth, We go again.
Bluebirds!!!!!

Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:50 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

A perfectly written and articulate answer to this poster who surely has some sort of hidden agenda and bitterness in his life.
Looking so hard for negativity where there is none is a very strange trait.

Nice to see other people starting to see our rebadged roathie for what he is.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:08 am

This is a statement to please the fans and there is not much the anti Tan brigade can argue against.

Lets see where we are after a few more games under Morison.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:09 pm

He didn’t write that.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:34 pm

Canton104 wrote:He didn’t write that.

Ann odd statement with no apparent foundation...

Why do you say that...? :?:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:09 pm

Sven wrote:

No foundation to say he did and not one of his lackeys.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:34 pm

Canton104 wrote:
Sven wrote:

And I'll counter that by saying you have absolutely no foundation to say what you did... ;) :roll:

I also note your pointless Warnock comment on another thread :thumbright:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:35 pm

VT will not be caught out again paying out stupid wages and hiring injury prone players.

More like good wages on decent players who can play with style as a few other Championships sides are proving at the moment.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:17 pm

Sven wrote:
Canton104 wrote:
Sven wrote:

And I'll counter that by saying you have absolutely no foundation to say what you did... ;) :roll:

Prove it then ‘top boy’ Show me proof he wrote it otherwise you’re as in the dark as the rest of us. :lol:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:28 pm

Canton104 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Canton104 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Prove it then ‘top boy’ Show me proof he wrote it otherwise you’re as in the dark as the rest of us. :lol:

Quote (Canton104): "Prove it then 'top boy'" :oops:

Oh dear! Another one who can't respond with any meaning when they are questioned over their inept comments! :roll:

I don't need to prove it, as I'm not in the dark; the article itself attributed the statement to the club's owner

You (no one else) then stated, i.e. as if fact, that he did not say it!

You (no one else) then failed to explain or back yoyrself up and chose (weakly) to go on a deflection campaign in similar fashion to our resident armchair critc!

You can't have it all ways, fella. My original question was reasonable and I am simply saying you can't make things up to suit and then run away because someone picks you up on it... :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:36 pm

Canton104 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Canton104 wrote:
Sven wrote:

If you are not Roathie then you are certainly acting like him, myself I think you are him!

Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:39 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:VT will not be caught out again paying out stupid wages and hiring injury prone players.

More like good wages on decent players who can play with style as a few other Championships sides are proving at the moment.

AT LAST!! the right way to move forward, a little late admittedly, but you know the saying. Better late than never! Onwards and upwards.CCFC.