Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" STEVE MORISON: LET'S GET BACK WHERE WE SHOULD BE "

Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:54 am

"Let's get ourselves out of that pack at the bottom and let's start getting Cardiff City back towards where we should be." :thumbright: :bluebird:

IMG_20211113_015402.jpg

Steve Morison spoke to Cardiff City TV after being appointed Cardiff City manager, below is everything he said.

Steve, congratulations on your first senior managerial appointment. You must be over the moon?

Yeah, it's great. Obviously a little taste of it when the last manager left. Did the three games and really enjoyed it. I put my name forward and said if they'd like me to continue, I'd be happy to and I'd be excited to be given that opportunity. They gave me that opportunity and I'm thankful to them. I'm also thankful to the players and the fans for getting behind me in those two weeks. It's made it a really enjoyable time that's given me the buzz to take the job on.

How pleased have you been with the players' reaction to you and Tom Ramasut being with us for the rest of the season?

They've been excellent. They were excellent from day one, they took everything on board. I think you can see that with their performances and what we asked them to do. We changed the style a bit and I think you could see that. The exciting thing is now we have the chance to progress that now, hopefully we'll get better and better and better. I don't want to speak on behalf of the players, but I'd like to think they're excited about that.

Have you been in contact recently with Vincent Tan and what has he said to you?

Just that they have every confidence in me. They want me to do well for the team and for the club. Just said they want us to continue the good work that we started. They're the people I thank the most.. Him, Ken, Mehmet and Steve for giving me this opportunity and having the belief in me to take this on.

What changes tomorrow, what changes will you be implementing?

I won't change anything hugely from off the back of these last two weeks because we wanted to make big changes quickly and we did that. But now we've got the ability to really instil that in the lads and those two weeks, how we worked, we can work like that continously now. I'd like to think off the starting place that we are, that should be easier and we should see progression on the football pitch. We can work on it every day now and we can instil it as our standard. We can play like that week in, week out.

Did the Huddersfield game highlight to you how good the fans can be?

Football is made by the fans. We play the game and we work within the game because we love what it does for people. The noise when that second goal went in on Saturday was incredible and that's what you live for. My reaction was just a pure natural reaction to that moment and the relief that it gave everyone. It was just a really happy moment and that's the plan, how many times can we have moments like that and we can have lots of them.

What does success look like to you?

Winning as many games as we can. I'm not a very good loser, I'm much better at winning. Let's get away from where we are. Let's get up the table. There's ten games between now and Christmas. Can we get more wins, can we tick those boxes. Then we head into the January window where hopefully we can improve our squad. Whether that's getting people back, whether that's bringing new people in, however that might be. If we see a real upturn in performances and everyone's working hard, because of how we play and the style of play has changed, we won't need to go looking elsewhere because we've got really good quality and in the younger age groups as well who might be able to help those players in the First Team.

First and foremost, let's got ourselves out of trouble. Let's get ourselves out of that pack at the bottom and let's start getting Cardiff City back towards where we should be.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.