Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If we don’t win the Preston game we deserve to drop.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:54 pm

Stoke, Birmingham, Fulham , Bournemouth are playing the bottom 4 teams next Saturday. It is a massive massive opportunity for Us to put a massive gap between us and relegation. Let’s face it, none of those bottom clubs will win a sausage next Saturday.
We have Preston , a below average quality team so if we cannot capitalise on this fixture and get the win, we deserve to drop.
This is a massive test for us and we could make a massive statement in a positive way or a negative way.
As a bluebird I am feeling the pressure. Im struggling with sleep over it. Roll on next Saturday so I can put it to bed.
BlueBirds

Re: If we don’t win the Preston game we deserve to drop.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:04 pm

Morison now in charge, performances improved, and losing more games this season is a cert, this is the championship, we could lose to Preston and beat Fulham the next game nothing is easy, now all we can do as fans is be positive get behind the boys and hopefully survive this season :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:14 pm

That’s the Spirit I need Daniel. Sorry I am a little nervous of our performances lately. All those losses on the trott has knocked the stuffing out of me. I know this bluebird will sing again soon and fly high though. Thanks for the positivity.
BlueBirds

Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:16 pm

For the first time in a very, very long time I have enjoyed watching us trying to play attractive attacking football, it won't always come off but it's a nice needed change.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:19 pm

Its all a out staying in the championship this season and enjoying how we play for the 1st time in 10 years

Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:33 pm

montyblue wrote:Its all a out staying in the championship this season and enjoying how we play for the 1st time in 10 years

:thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:36 am

I feel we have been playing awful. And the recent results reflect that. Have I missed something?

Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:50 am

BlueIsTheColor wrote:I feel we have been playing awful. And the recent results reflect that. Have I missed something?

We’ve been better over last 3 games results wise and playing style. Sure it’s nowhere near great but these things don’t happen overnight. I for one feel we seem to be on the right track and we seem to have got the right sort of people in charge. Come on mate, we all need to pull together now.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:18 am

The team spirit during the celebrations against Huddersfield make me even more certain we'll be ok. If the players had lost their fight then I'd be concerned but while they have that left we'll survive.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:45 am

montyblue wrote:Its all a out staying in the championship this season and enjoying how we play for the 1st time in 10 years

This I can agree with.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:57 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
BlueIsTheColor wrote:I feel we have been playing awful. And the recent results reflect that. Have I missed something?

We’ve been better over last 3 games results wise and playing style. Sure it’s nowhere near great but these things don’t happen overnight. I for one feel we seem to be on the right track and we seem to have got the right sort of people in charge. Come on mate, we all need to pull together now.

I guess so Pal,
We have just had so many lows this season already, and I really felt we were going to make a fist of it for automatic promotion coming second in league yet this season is still not halfway through and I see fans talking about survival only this year. I would be happy enough in hearing the word “survival” in “the prem” but this is the championship and we are veterans of this league. We are one of the biggest clubs in this league. I just struggle to get my head around it this season. I just want to wake up from this dream :sleepy2: , look at the table and see us in top 6 where we always belong. Then breath a sigh of relief but I just got the blues at the moment :sad7: bluebirds :bluebird:

Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:21 am

danielrees17 wrote:Morison now in charge, performances improved, and losing more games this season is a cert, this is the championship, we could lose to Preston and beat Fulham the next game nothing is easy, now all we can do as fans is be positive get behind the boys and hopefully survive this season :ayatollah:

Don't we play Hull after Preston?

Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:23 am

:thumbup:
BlueIsTheColor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I guess so Pal,
We have just had so many lows this season already, and I really felt we were going to make a fist of it for automatic promotion coming second in league yet this season is still not halfway through and I see fans talking about survival only this year. I would be happy enough in hearing the word “survival” in “the prem” but this is the championship and we are veterans of this league. We are one of the biggest clubs in this league. I just struggle to get my head around it this season. I just want to wake up from this dream :sleepy2: , look at the table and see us in top 6 where we always belong. Then breath a sigh of relief but I just got the blues at the moment :sad7: bluebirds :bluebird:

Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:41 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

This I can agree with.

Yaaaaaaay!

Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:23 pm

BlueIsTheColor wrote:Stoke, Birmingham, Fulham , Bournemouth are playing the bottom 4 teams next Saturday. It is a massive massive opportunity for Us to put a massive gap between us and relegation. Let’s face it, none of those bottom clubs will win a sausage next Saturday.
We have Preston , a below average quality team so if we cannot capitalise on this fixture and get the win, we deserve to drop.
This is a massive test for us and we could make a massive statement in a positive way or a negative way.
As a bluebird I am feeling the pressure. Im struggling with sleep over it. Roll on next Saturday so I can put it to bed.
BlueBirds

Wow!! So if we close, we DESERVE TO DROP, REALLY?? this is the championship we are talking about, where anyone can win on a given day,the Jack's had 63% possession v bournemouth, and got whacked 4-0 !! Let's just take it one game at a time, we can do nothing about other results, only our own.
To expect us to turn sides over, just because you perceive them to be poorer than us, can have a habit of biting u on the arse!
We have to learn a bit of patience, not become soooo despondent, that the next game decides our fate, when there is so much of the season to play?? The new manager, and team need us behind them more than ever, let's show them what we are!! And get behind them 100%, even if we go 1 down!! Onwards and upwards CCFC

Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:29 pm

Jesus talk about being OTT.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:30 am

I would settle for a 0-0 draw. Especially given our record at Preston

Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:45 am

BlueIsTheColor wrote:Stoke, Birmingham, Fulham , Bournemouth are playing the bottom 4 teams next Saturday. It is a massive massive opportunity for Us to put a massive gap between us and relegation. Let’s face it, none of those bottom clubs will win a sausage next Saturday.
BlueBirds

I would imagine we have a slight disadvantage, as we have more players than Preston away on International duty?

So it could be a factor that those returning players get less time to prepare with Morison and his new ideas?

Anyway it's only one match and it could go either way, the same as all championship games!

Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:52 pm

BlueBirds

The Championship season is 46 games, nobody can be judged on just one game. You reckon we should beat Preston because they are crap? The same Preston who beat Bournemouth away last week. It's not as simple as you make out, we are going to take time for Morison to really stamp his mark, and I wont be judging the team until we have played at least 10 more games under him. We're all anxious at the moment, but we don't deserve the drop on the basis of one game.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:46 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
BlueBirds

Wow!! So if we close, we DESERVE TO DROP, REALLY?? this is the championship we are talking about, where anyone can win on a given day,the Jack's had 63% possession v bournemouth, and got whacked 4-0 !! Let's just take it one game at a time, we can do nothing about other results, only our own.
To expect us to turn sides over, just because you perceive them to be poorer than us, can have a habit of biting u on the arse!
We have to learn a bit of patience, not become soooo despondent, that the next game decides our fate, when there is so much of the season to play?? The new manager, and team need us behind them more than ever, let's show them what we are!! And get behind them 100%, even if we go 1 down!! Onwards and upwards CCFC

Paul, this is a joke thread created by a joke poster :oops:

Monty's post apart, it started poorly and hasn't really improved :roll:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:52 pm

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
BlueBirds

Paul, this is a joke thread created by a joke poster :oops:

Monty's post apart, it started poorly and hasn't really improved :roll:

Well, we beat preston! Now he saying we didn't deserve to Chris! The mans a freakin joke 4 sure!