Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Max Watters

Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:45 pm

Doing well again today, 2 goals so far.

“ Watters “

Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:51 pm

Watters two goals and an assist for MK Dons today - beating Cambridge 4-1 at home. Latest 86 mins

Re: Max Watters

Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:53 pm

Thats 22 goals in 20 professional games.

Re: “ Watters “

Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:55 pm

Won man of the match, and has now scored 22 goals in 20 pro games.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:00 pm

He’s coming back to us never really given a chance when he was here.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:16 pm

Judging from comments on Twitter, MK Dons fans are really impressed, and especially with the quality of his finishing. His goals to game ratio suggests the same too. I hope we bring him back in January and give him a chance. Morrison worked with him with the Under 23s remember, where he was very clinical.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:03 pm

If Watters returns which youngsters gives way ?

Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:13 pm

None need to give way. We need a strong squad with good players in form. If he plays well he should have a spot and someone else needs to oust him.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:35 am

Big jump on quality between league 1 and Championship so it's hard to say. Morrison will know whether he's better than what we have here though as he's had him with the 23's. I trust he'll make the right call.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:05 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Won man of the match, and has now scored 22 goals in 20 pro games.

He has played 39 games ( league and club )
for clubs in top 4 division
Doncaster 6
Crawley 19
Cardiff 3
MK dons 11

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:12 am

nubbsy wrote:Big jump on quality between league 1 and Championship so it's hard to say. Morrison will know whether he's better than what we have here though as he's had him with the 23's. I trust he'll make the right call.

I do agree it’s a jump but I think he’ll be handy for the bench when we’re after a goal. Some players just have that knack, whatever the level.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:30 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Big jump on quality between league 1 and Championship so it's hard to say. Morrison will know whether he's better than what we have here though as he's had him with the 23's. I trust he'll make the right call.

I do agree it’s a jump but I think he’ll be handy for the bench when we’re after a goal. Some players just have that knack, whatever the level.

And where was vardy banging them in, before Leicester swooped? The test they say is history! Not saying he will be the new vardy,but you never know?

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:15 am

I say, bring him back and give him a run of games until end of the season, if he is good enough in training.

Vardy got stick in his first season at Leicester, he even considered quitting football.

I thought Watters made some good movement when he played for us, but like mentioned, not a system around him to play to his strengths.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:49 pm

Morison took a look at him other day and was impressed so expect to see him back in January..