Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated " WALES v BELARUS "

Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:36 pm

Wales beat Belarus 5-1

Kicks off at 7.45pm and live on Sky Sports.

In a realistic world, Wales need to win and avoid defeat against Belgium next week to finish 2nd. That would mean we would be seeded and at home for our first play off game.

We are already guaranteed a play off place but will be unseeded and away unless we finish 2nd in this group.

We will have to win two play off games (including extra time and penalties) to qualify for the World Cup.

Re: Match Thread " WALES v BELARUS "

Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:15 pm

The Play Offs will be just 2 single leg games, a semi final and final.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:46 pm

What happened to anthem? Not sure ever heared it being sung out of step by fans at ccs.... normally it's in perfect harmony but not tonight. :o

Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:51 pm

1-0 up already.

Ramsey with the goal

Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:07 pm

2-0

Neco Williams

Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:14 pm

Ramsey needs to get booked so can play in semi final? Rather he misses Belgium than playoff game

Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:33 pm

2-0 at half time.

Very comfortable.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Ramsey needs to get booked so can play in semi final? Rather he misses Belgium than playoff game

Agree, would rather he got booked tonight. Can bring Moore in for Belgium to replace him and change the system a little bit.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:58 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Ramsey needs to get booked so can play in semi final? Rather he misses Belgium than playoff game

Agree, would rather he got booked tonight. Can bring Moore in for Belgium to replace him and change the system a little bit.

If heared right bale is out of Belgium game? :shock:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Looks like it, injured again.

Ampadu suspended for Belgium, just been booked.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:05 pm

Wales 3-0 up with half an hour to go.

Ramsey got his second from the penalty spot early in the second half.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:08 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Ned we badly need 5 or 6 goals but I'm sceptical about pages tactics as we never go for jugular it's always seems one dimensional with no overdrive to get goals we need? it cost us several times this qualification and tonight game is played exactly at same speed throughout just a methodical manner without any urgency.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Ned we badly need 5 or 6 goals but I'm sceptical about pages tactics as we never go for jugular it's always sense one dimensional with no overdrive to get goals we need? it cost us several times this qualification and tonight game is played exactly at same speed throughout a methodical manner.

Agree.

Asking a lot to draw with Belgium, even if they do rest players again.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:16 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Ned we badly need 5 or 6 goals but I'm sceptical about pages tactics as we never go for jugular it's always sense one dimensional with no overdrive to get goals we need? it cost us several times this qualification and tonight game is played exactly at same speed throughout a methodical manner.

Agree.

Asking a lot to draw with Belgium, even if they do rest players again.

It is and at moment only got 1 goal advantage over Chcks who play Estonia last game another 2 goals make a lot of difference... ramsey off but just do not understand why he wasn't told to get booked? Honestly believe we lost against Portugal because he got banned and now could miss either semi final or final if get booked again... :banghead:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:21 pm

4-0, Ben Davies gets the goal

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:26 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:4-0, Ben Davies gets the goal

Just another 2 and be interesting for checks last game.. :old:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:30 pm

4-1.

Great goal by Belarus to be fair.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:4-0, Ben Davies gets the goal

Just another 2 and be interesting for checks last game.. :old:

Mmmm 4-1 like said no urgency and made to pay for it :roll:

So annoying 5-1 could been oh so better

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:33 pm

5-1

Connor Roberts or an own goal, hard to tell

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:36 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:5-1

Connor Roberts or an own goal, hard to tell

Robert's goal... bale calf injury so wont play against Belgium
FT 5-1

Re: Updated " WALES v BELARUS "

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:38 pm

Finishes 5-1.

Frustrating as we could have won by six or seven if we really wanted to.

But just a point needed against Belgium now.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:43 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Finishes 5-1.

Ned the whole qualification taunement as been disappointing as far as I'm concerned ...... if showed any sort of urgency in other games we would be in a better situation altogether ? I just don't get excited by the tactics or way we play it's very much a keep possession game without the nessasary urgency required to get the goals to win games we should have done..

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Ned the whole qualification taunement as been disappointing as far as I'm concerned ...... if showed any sort of urgency in other games we would be in a better situation altogether ? I just don't get excited by the tactics or way we play it's very much a keep possession game without the nessasary urgency required to get the goals to win games we should have done..

If we don't get the point on Tuesday, would have to say the damage was done earlier on in the group.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

If we don't get the point on Tuesday, would have to say the damage was done earlier on in the group.

It was anyway Estonia we had 1 shot in 1st minute nothing else until midway 2nd half and that to me sums up way we play methodical no risk game... which considering we were 99.999% assured of playoffs before qualifying started showed lack of ambition from outset.... there are several top teams possibly in playoffs Germany could be one along with Scotland and more top teams... so being pessimistic we are garaunteed to get a tough team up 1st.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:16 pm

Bale not injured
Be in for tuesday

Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:17 pm

Bale taken off at half time in pre planned move by page... also was to prevent bale getting standing ovation and putting rest team off
in 2nd half? :o

Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:40 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Bale taken off at half time in pre planned move by page... also was to prevent bale getting standing ovation and putting rest team off

Avoiding allowing Gareth Bale standing ovation on his 100th appearance when you're in control of the game? :o :shock:

I didn't watch the game, as I'm not an international football 'fan" and the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance was on BBC1; but that's surely a little disrespectful for Gareth and those who attended, who couldn't show their appreciation? :(

Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:03 am

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Bale taken off at half time in pre planned move by page... also was to prevent bale getting standing ovation and putting rest team off

Avoiding allowing Gareth Bale standing ovation on his 100th appearance when you're in control of the game? :o :shock:

I didn't watch the game, as I'm not an international football 'fan" and the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance was on BBC1; but that's surely a little disrespectful for Gareth and those who attended, who couldn't show their appreciation? :(

Chris it was on ssn I presume it was post match interview with page..... commentators on two occasions mentioned he was out of Belgium Belgium game .....what happened from what understand was to avoid a situation like John Terry's orchestrated farewell. .. personally dont understand the rationale but goes with Bale's one of the lads persona.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:04 am

Keep the faith - we will get the point we need on Tuesday :old:

Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:45 am

Crowd 27,152 :thumbright: