Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

U 23 new manager? Mark Hudson role?

Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:45 pm

Whats the latest information on both of these please?

Re: U 23 new manager? Mark Hudson role?

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:10 pm

Welsh Giants wrote:Whats the latest information on both of these please?

I’d say Hudson’s role may be to assist SM with first team coaching particularly the defensive side of the game. Makes sense to me but I don’t know.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:23 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Welsh Giants wrote:Whats the latest information on both of these please?

I’d say Hudson’s role may be to assist SM with first team coaching particularly the defensive side of the game. Makes sense to me but I don’t know.

The statement said as a 1st team coach to assist Steve Morison and Tom Ramusut and didn't mention the U-23's

But maybe we'd best wait for canton104 to offer his unequivocal wisdom before we can definitively say...

Apparently, it's the Law... ;) :lol: :lol: :roll:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:45 pm

City appointed david hughes from Southampton into the u23 setup so guess he'll fulfill a role vacated by morison.... leaving Hudson to help out 1st team matters

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:46 pm

Mark Hudson is First Team coach so will have nothing to do with the academy.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:48 pm

David Hughes was appointed head of the academy last month.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:52 pm

fred keenor wrote:David Hughes was appointed head of the academy last month.

Thank you :thumbup:

Not sure this means Steve Morison and Tom Ramasut won't be replaced though...? :?:

From the club (but subject to canton104's clarification):

"David’s remit at Cardiff City FC will be to oversee our entire Academy coaching department, lead on coach and player development across all age groups from U9 to U23 and work with first team staff to ensure a smooth transition for players through the Academy and into the first team environment.

"Whilst refining current playing and coaching styles, David will be entrusted with aligning all age groups within the Academy to create consistency in play and progression across the three phases of Academy development. His most recent post was as Southampton’s Head of Academy Player Development, having held similar key roles in youth development at Watford, Aston Villa and with the Football Association of Wales."

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:58 pm

Sven wrote:

"David’s remit at Cardiff City FC will be to oversee our entire Academy coaching department, lead on coach and player development across all age groups from U9 to U23 and work with first team staff to ensure a smooth transition for players through the Academy and into the first team environment.

"Whilst refining current playing and coaching styles, David will be entrusted with aligning all age groups within the Academy to create consistency in play and progression across the three phases of Academy development. His most recent post was as Southampton’s Head of Academy Player Development, having held similar key roles in youth development at Watford, Aston Villa and with the Football Association of Wales."

What about me I said it 1st? :laughing5:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Yes, but you spoke from some knowledge of the subject area, which is apparently not the way to do things on here listening to some! ;) :laughing5:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:31 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Yes, but you spoke from some knowledge of the subject area, which is apparently not the way to do things on here listening to some! ;) :laughing5:

I noticed a lot of random posting just to be different from others. David Hughes is also Eleri Sion's husband and probably why he moved here. He was highly rated at his old club