Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kieffer Moore:

Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:54 pm

Kieffer Moore:

The big man himself has even said that having Steve Morison in charge would only serve to boost his own goal tally this season.

There has been a real buy-in from the players, that has been evident thus far, and Moore believes that under Morison there will be more attacking football played, more players in goalscoring positions and, more importantly, more goals for City's No.10.

Moore has scored three goals since Morison took over, that's as many as he scored in his last 17 games under McCarthy, so the proof is in the pudding in that respect. While McCarthy's early reign really utilised Moore's strengths, as Cardiff got found out the striker's potency waned.

The injection of a new, more attacking philosophy can only be a positive as far as Moore is concerned.

"I think this change of management has helped me," Moore said of Morison last week.

"It's got more players around me, I've had more chances on goal since that [change]. I'm not saying that's reason, but the more chances I get the more likely it is I can repeat last year."

Explaining exactly what had changed, Moore said: "He has brought a real system to our game and you can only see it by watching just how much we have improved in such little time.

"You can time runs better. You've got time on the ball. You can't, as we were doing, just turn possession over.

"I feel like we really impose ourselves on teams now and making our own luck.

"It's been a much-improved system and it's been for the better."

As we've seen over the last 15 months, a happy Moore generally means a happy Cardiff. So City fans will hope that Cardiff's improved style of play and form will continue to benefit their kingpin striker.

Re: Kieffer Moore:

Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Hope so, having Moore the team should be setup how to get the best out of him. Never felt hes the best isolate to hold the ball up. But, he can do it but it shouldnt be the case all the time like how we played under MM.

Poor b*stard gets the ball looks around no one with him

We should have floating crosses in to take advantage of his heading, someone working around him so he can flick on/lay off.

Kinda shame we dont have wingers atm but WBs can be just as good.

Morison so far has done a bit of both i felt so far just need to build on it

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:10 pm

Pretty clear what he thinks about Micks style of play - the same as the rest of us.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:57 pm

Let's hope Kieffer is not sold in Jan - We need him :thumbup:

Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:45 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Let's hope Kieffer is not sold in Jan - We need him :thumbup:

I think if something comes in over 6m he'll be gone given his form this year.

By the sounds of it we already accepted 7m in the summer but didn't want the installment. Looks like every player is up for sale!