Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve Morison: “ The players coming through “

Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:18 am

The emergence of the youngsters has been perhaps the only success story of the season and while the players themselves, as well as the first-team management, must be credited for them bursting on to the scene, it was Steve Morison and Tom Ramasut who have put in the work with them day in, day out on the training ground for the last 18 months.

Many of the first crop of younger players that were brought in like Bagan, Brown and Sang were from other clubs Academies, But the new crop of youngsters that are really making the headlines Rubin Colwill, Sam Bowen, Kieron Evans, Isaak Davies have been brought through the Cardiff Accademy from kids.

Chanka Zimba came from Blackburn Rovers Accademy in 2020 after being released.

Evans has certainly benefited from Steve Morison stepping into the top job, having started two of his three games in charge.

Isaak Davies also produced a match-changing cameo in the win over Huddersfield Town last time out and that won't have gone unnoticed by Morison and Co, who are great admirers of the young forward anyway.

Chanka Zimba has been included on the bench and if anyone knows how prolific he has been in front of goal this season, it's Morison, having overseen the striker's stunning start to the campaign with the under-23s. It seems a matter of time before he trots out for his first-team debut.

The club will benefit as a whole from it Morison's appointment in terms of sustainability and producing homegrown talent. Morison knows who the best players are in the academy and that can only be a positive thing from the club's perspective as well as the players.

Expect the conveyor belt to keep producing with Morison at the helm.

STEVE MORISON:

“I know I don’t have a big squad at the moment and can’t bring new players in unless more leave, but maybe I can bring some of the players out on loan back in January.”

"We've got a really good crop of players in the younger age groups who might be able to help those players in the first team."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Steve Morison: “ The players coming through “

Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:22 am

Zimba came from Blackburn Rovers in 2020 after being released?

Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:39 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Zimba came from Blackburn Rovers in 2020 after being released?

Yes your right :thumbright:

I will edit :thumbright:

Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:46 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Zimba came from Blackburn Rovers in 2020 after being released?

Karl,

Cardiff City have announced the signing of striker Chanka Zimba after his release by Rovers.

Zimba was the only second scholar to leave Rovers in the summer, with Mike Sheron’s squad rewarded for their progress in the FA Youth Cup, reaching the semi-finals, with the offer of professional contracts.

The teenager had spent time on trial with the Bluebirds and has now joined Steve Morison’s Under-23s side, though the length of his contract hasn’t been revealed.

Zimba had previously spent time training with Sunderland earlier in the year after Rovers made clear their plans that he wouldn’t be retained beyond his scholarship.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Hi Annis,

I wasn’t having a go at you :ayatollah: just highlighting the original interview was not correct :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:23 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hi Annis,

I wasn’t having a go at you :ayatollah: just highlighting the original interview was not correct :bluescarf:

Karl,

No problem, appreciate :bluebird: :bluebird: :thumbright:

Glen Williams and Dalman keep making out that all these players are coming through Our Accademy system and it’s getting me mixed up sometimes, when in fact half have come through other clubs Academies.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hi Annis,

Karl,

Glen Williams and Dalman keep making out that all these players are coming through Our Accademy system and it’s getting me mixed up sometimes, when in fact half have come through other clubs Academies.

Annis,

I know the feeling it’s called “old age” :old: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:28 am

Steve Morrison and his team are hopefully an inspired choice, even if more by luck than judgement from our committee!

However we are still on the edge of a precipice, league 1 is very real, thankfully this year there are other poor sides around us and we need to insure that 3 of them finish below us.

The youngsters coming through have been a revelation, but relying on them in what is going to be a real dogfight for the remaining season, is asking too much, don’t shoot me down but if SM had been in charge earlier, we may have seen a different ending to the Tomlinson and Murphy scenarios :oops:

That said we are desperately short of some experienced creativity, respectfully suggest SM does his best to explain to Mr Tan the implications of being in League 1 and the need to bring in players in January, his ace card is almost all the remaining high earners and not so high earners will all be out of contract in 6 months, potentially leaving us with the lowest wage bill and smallest squad in the championship, as most if not all those players have no transfer value and we have to pay them anyway, the additional cost is minimal, inconsequential when compared to life in league 1.
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:40 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hi Annis,

Karl,

Annis,

I know the feeling it’s called “old age” :old: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:41 am

Steve Morrison and his team are hopefully an inspired choice, even if more by luck than judgement from our committee!
However we are still on the edge of a precipice, league 1 is very real, thankfully this year there are other poor sides around us and we need to insure that 3 of them finish below us.
The youngsters coming through have been a revelation, but relying on them in what is going to be a real dogfight for the remaining season, is asking too much, don’t shoot me down but if SM had been in charge earlier, we may have seen a different ending to the Tomlinson and Murphy scenarios :oops:
That said we are desperately short of some experienced creativity, respectfully suggest SM does his best to explain to Mr Tan the implications of being in League 1 and the need to bring in players in January, his ace card is almost all the remaining high earners and not so high earners will all be out of contract in 6 months, potentially leaving us with the lowest wage bill and smallest squad in the championship, as most if not all those players have no transfer value and we have to pay them anyway, the additional cost is minimal, inconsequential when compared to life in league 1.
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: