Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Well Done Millwall Fans “

Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:30 am

Millwall fans get a lot of negative press.

But they are very patriotic and this is not the first time, Well Done Millwall Fans :thumbright: :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Well Done Millwall Fans “

Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:31 am

Millwall fans with fairly small home crowds raised this much :thumbright: :thumbright:

Would love to know what all the big clubs raised?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:44 am

A lot of military from that part of London over the years and nice to see the genuine Millwall supporters showing they care about our veterans :clap:

Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:42 pm

I know a lot of very good Millwall fans. Genuine people, with big hearts.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:12 pm

A great effort by them, sadly its for an organisation that has lost sight of what it exists for. CEOs on ridiculous money, jobs for the chaps culture, a £100,000 rebrand of the poppy that was not needed whilst closing down respite centres. 12 of the people at the top earn in excess of £1 million for doing very little apart from bouncing around on jolly's around the world.

No longer a fit for purpose organisation with some local veterans help centres springing up to actually help veterans in need.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:53 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:A great effort by them, sadly its for an organisation that has lost sight of what it exists for. CEOs on ridiculous money, jobs for the chaps culture, a £100,000 rebrand of the poppy that was not needed whilst closing down respite centres. 12 of the people at the top earn in excess of £1 million for doing very little apart from bouncing around on jolly's around the world.

No longer a fit for purpose organisation with some local veterans help centres springing up to actually help veterans in need.

Sadly I have to agree, lost sight completely!! All that money! 12 million could do sooooo much more good for veterans, but as seems the case with charitable causes, the cream gets siphoned off by fat cats, who do very little for their extortionate salaries!!

Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:57 am

bluesince62 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:A great effort by them, sadly its for an organisation that has lost sight of what it exists for. CEOs on ridiculous money, jobs for the chaps culture, a £100,000 rebrand of the poppy that was not needed whilst closing down respite centres. 12 of the people at the top earn in excess of £1 million for doing very little apart from bouncing around on jolly's around the world.

Sadly I have to agree, lost sight completely!! All that money! 12 million could do sooooo much more good for veterans, but as seems the case with charitable causes, the cream gets siphoned off by fat cats, who do very little for their extortionate salaries!!

Sadly your both spot on and that’s why I now never donate to charities.

I buy My poppy out of respect for our heroes.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Sadly your both spot on and that’s why I now never donate to charities.

I buy My poppy out of respect for our heroes.

Ditto... :thumbup: :notworthy:

Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:15 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

Really sad to hear that but thanks for sharing the info.