Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Healey opens up on being 'starstruck' at Cardiff

Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:13 pm

Healey opens up on being 'starstruck' at Cardiff

Rhys Healey has spoken about how he was "starstruck" by his boyhood idol Craig Bellamy when he joined Cardiff City.

Healey signed for the Bluebirds back in 2013 and made his first-team debut against Chelsea the following year, coming on in place of his childhood hero Bellamy.

The now Toulouse striker spoke of how making his debut in the Premier League was a dream come true and so, too, was coming on in place of Wales and Bluebirds hero Bellamy.

“When I joined, obviously you had the likes of Craig Bellamy there. I don’t think I ever told him, but all my life I used to watch Man City week in, week out," he told The Mirror.

“When he was there I used to love him, I used to have his name on the back of my shirt, and every day when he was there at Cardiff I was a bit starstruck.

“Making my debut in the Premier League and replacing him was something special. To this day I still speak about it and when people ask me about my career, that’s the first thing I tell them - playing against Chelsea and replacing Craig Bellamy. It was a dream come true.”

Re: Healey opens up on being 'starstruck' at Cardiff

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:36 pm

He's scored 23 in 45 for Toulousfair play.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:08 am

He has undoubted talent. But always got found out by the Expectation on his shoulders during his time at City.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:13 am

Just found a video on You Tube of his 15 goals last season for Toulouse, he looks to have matured into a class striker. Its amazing what putting a ball in front of a striker for him to run onto does for his chances of hitting the net. Lets hope going forward our strikers can thrive of this kind of service under Morrison.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:19 am

Bluesince72 wrote:Just found a video on You Tube of his 15 goals last season for Toulouse, he looks to have matured into a class striker. Its amazing what putting a ball in front of a striker for him to run onto does for his chances of hitting the net. Lets hope going forward our strikers can thrive of this kind of service under Morrison.

He's turned into a fair striker tbh!
Your username a bit close to mine, bar 10yrs