Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why was Kevin de Bruyne booed?

Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:56 am

Was there any reason behind the booing of him last night? To me he is a world class player who generally doesn't complain or cheat and gets on with the game and is quite unassuming character unlike some other arrogant stars. Has he done something in the past to upset Wales or the City?

Re: Why was Kevin de Bruyne booed?

Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:50 am

Nah.. reckon its because hes Belgian, and theyre not even a country.. well not a functioning one anyway.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Should never aggravate oppositions star player as invariably they bite you in arse like last night? He had no right to score that goal wasn't even a half chance but he did because hes world class.. in fact a goal a certain no7 legend of ours would only score.. :clap:

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Should never aggravate oppositions star player as invariably they bite you in arse like last night? He had no right to score that goal wasn't even a half chance but he did because hes world class.. in fact a goal a certain no7 legend of ours would only score.. :clap:

The legend that was Peter Sayer? :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:37 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Should never aggravate oppositions star player as invariably they bite you in arse like last night? He had no right to score that goal wasn't even a half chance but he did because hes world class.. in fact a goal a certain no7 legend of ours would only score.. :clap:

The legend that was Peter Sayer? :ayatollah:

Did he ever score? :laughing6:

Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:00 pm

It was an embarrassment i thought. Ronaldo i can sort of understand because he can be an arrogant sod at times and same with Pogba, Ibrahimovic and a few others. And as you very rightly point out it came back to bite us. In fact i think it may have contributed to him playing the full 90 minutes cos he probably thought "f**k you lot i don't deserve that" but i will show you.

Or was the ground infiltrated by the plastics from United and Liverpool!

Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:49 pm

JJ1927 wrote:

It was an embarrassment i thought. Ronaldo i can sort of understand because he can be an arrogant sod at times and same with Pogba, Ibrahimovic and a few others. And as you very rightly point out it came back to bite us. In fact i think it may have contributed to him playing the full 90 minutes cos he probably thought "f**k you lot i don't deserve that" but i will show you.

Was very odd as he's done nothing to antagonize the fans as far as im aware .. but probably right about the plastics... :mrgreen:

Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:14 am

pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Was very odd as he's done nothing to antagonize the fans as far as im aware .. but probably right about the plastics... :mrgreen:

I think we could be looking back at the time when he was putting tackles in that were really nasty, but as far as i know he has got rid of that aspect of his game :thumbup:

Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:32 am

I agree with the plastics comment - a few of my lads mates went with their old fellas...

Used to be season ticket holders in the family stand when the going was good aka the prem. As soon as the drop loomed - no renewal. Only pop in when its a Wales match and they can get tickets through being youth/kid 'coaches' as one or two are even plastic with that - odd dry evenings/weekends - funnily enough, around the time the Wales tickets start being mentioned or go on sale.

I'm sure a few are your usual 'top end' Prem supporters, all bobble hats and kit, but never beens. I'm sure at least one only went to about 3 of our Prem matches - again, the 'top end' fixtures.

My lad, fair go to him, saves furiously for his season ticket - which I always get him anyhow, and just syphon his saves off into an account that he can have for driving lessons or something he wants when theres a nice pot saved.

Even though, I've been on and off with my season ticket down the years, I've always been a City kid for my sins, and it looks like the lad will be too. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:33 pm

Mulberry wrote:I agree with the plastics comment - a few of my lads mates went with their old fellas...

Used to be season ticket holders in the family stand when the going was good aka the prem. As soon as the drop loomed - no renewal. Only pop in when its a Wales match and they can get tickets through being youth/kid 'coaches' as one or two are even plastic with that - odd dry evenings/weekends - funnily enough, around the time the Wales tickets start being mentioned or go on sale.

I'm sure a few are your usual 'top end' Prem supporters, all bobble hats and kit, but never beens. I'm sure at least one only went to about 3 of our Prem matches - again, the 'top end' fixtures.

My lad, fair go to him, saves furiously for his season ticket - which I always get him anyhow, and just syphon his saves off into an account that he can have for driving lessons or something he wants when theres a nice pot saved.

Even though, I've been on and off with my season ticket down the years, I've always been a City kid for my sins, and it looks like the lad will be too. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

What a great philosophy for the youth of today. Make them save and "earn" a ST but give them a kick back further down the line e.g. driving lessons. You sound like a good Dad and well done. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:01 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Mulberry wrote:I agree with the plastics comment - a few of my lads mates went with their old fellas...

What a great philosophy for the youth of today. Make them save and "earn" a ST but give them a kick back further down the line e.g. driving lessons. You sound like a good Dad and well done. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

:thumbup: :clap: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:09 pm

He did score a Worldy before he signed for Man City. At the CCS in a pre season Friendly a ew Easons ago for Wolfsberg. I think we drew 3:3. If my memory serves me correctly.

If that ws the reason he was booed, then, shame on the Morons. He is a fantastic footballer.

Of course he did remember scoring at the CCS and if his intention was to antagonise the Fans for that occasion, he quite rightly should be opposed.

Was a fantastic strike though you have to recognise his sublime skill.

Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:37 pm

Maybe they were singing his name de bruuuune and we mistook it for boooooing, it's the same sound in cricket with roooooot, and when a few old fellas are having difficulties with thier nos 2ooooo's

Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:03 pm

Oh boy have we really reached the stage of being nice to opposition players. For as long as I've been supporting City or Wales we have always tried to I timidity the oppositions better players. Nothing germinal but you can bet your last pound that bale gets similar treatment. Long may it continue.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:34 am

Because he's their best player and fans give good players stick.

I thought playing at home was about creating an intimidating atmosphere? Bloody snowflakes.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:49 pm

nubbsy wrote:Because he's their best player and fans give good players stick.

I thought playing at home was about creating an intimidating atmosphere? Bloody snowflakes.

You don't have to be a snowflake to respect a great player. There is is a world of difference in creating an intimidating atmosphere and booing a great player who has done nothing to deserve it and just gets on with the game. Well the booing certainly put him off his game. He scored 5 minutes later!!

Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:00 pm

Because everyone had drank a few beers and he was part of an opposition team who's purpose on the night was to beat us? Crowd were absolute quality on Tuesday, from the anthem to cheering the team to giving the opposition grief.

I'm sure De Bruyne got over it far quicker than some on this board seem to have so I wouldn't worry about him too much :lol: He would've probably scored whether we booed him, cheered him, or were silent but it added to what was a great atmosphere and I'm sure the Welsh lads fed off of that over the 90 minutes.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:34 am

JJ1927 wrote:

You don't have to be a snowflake to respect a great player. There is is a world of difference in creating an intimidating atmosphere and booing a great player who has done nothing to deserve it and just gets on with the game. Well the booing certainly put him off his game. He scored 5 minutes later!!

I'm sorry I just don't see the problem with giving the opposition players a bit of stick, it's all part of it for me. I guess it's no wonder the city stadium is a library these days :roll:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:38 am

nubbsy wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

I'm sorry I just don't see the problem with giving the opposition players a bit of stick, it's all part of it for me. I guess it's no wonder the city stadium is a library these days :roll:

Completely agree, he was the best player on their team, its the hone fans job to make it as uncomfortable as possible for the opposition during a game and whats the fans did, it backfired on this occasion to a point, but the sentiment was there.

You have to look no further than the Leeds game in the FA Cup as one example of it working.

Modern football fans for you though mate, by all means if you 'respect' a player give him a clap at the end but for those 90 minutes he's essentially the enemy

Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:28 pm

RV Casual wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Completely agree, he was the best player on their team, its the hone fans job to make it as uncomfortable as possible for the opposition during a game and whats the fans did, it backfired on this occasion to a point, but the sentiment was there.

You have to look no further than the Leeds game in the FA Cup as one example of it working.

Modern football fans for you though mate, by all means if you 'respect' a player give him a clap at the end but for those 90 minutes he's essentially the enemy
I can assure you i am not a "modern" football fan having been going to the City home and away since the days of standing at the back of the Grangend watching Toshack and Clarke and the last time i saw de Bruyne in a Belgian shirt i spent the night sleeping - or trying to - on Lille train station. I agree entirely with the need to make it an intimidating atmosphere. But in my opinion booing a player has always been reserved for those who have either done something to deserve it, are arrogant prats or who we may have a gripe with. Otherwise it completely loses its effect. Can't see how de Bruyne fits into any of these categories and hence my original question