Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: OT: WAG FAILING NHS AND PATIENTS IN WALES

Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:57 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:This is all getting serious now and needs sorting! :cry:

This is not about the NHS staffs; anyone who has been treated by or worked alongside these dedicated people will know what a wonderful job they do, the commitment they put into it and the sacrifices they have to make often over family time and finances

We live in tough times but I've always maintained WAG is relatively inaffective and their inability to take crises such as this by the scruff of the neck shows exactly why they themselves are not fit for purpose

And they want more power through a devolved Government?

It could make one laugh; if only that wasn't so scary an idea... :cry:

Chris it really is serious. Having worked in the NHS and also when i retired, spent many long hours with family and friends admitted to hospital, I can say that, resources are not being used effectively.

That is from the top down. When there was a matron in charge of the hospital who used to oversee the way the wards were run, resources were used much better, now we have (senior clinical nurse managers) and i am afraid many of them are not up to the job.

Although NHS staff are doing the best that they can they have no control how wards are run, as i said at the begining, it starts at the top. And I am sorry to say that those at the top are not up to it.

It is not so much that the NHS is underfunded, as it is down to how those funds are utalised.
It is no good throwing money at the NHS if it is not used properly. In my experience, a lot of money going into the NHS is being wasted. There is a lot more that I can say, but not on a message board :ayatollah:

Not in Wales but here in London I was discussing this just the other day with a nurse who was urging me to complain to senior management because my wife was waiting in triage to be induced for two days simply because of a shortage of beds/midwives on the labour ward. Our new little Bluebird end up arriving 16 days overdue and was perfectly healthy as was her mam, but every day past week 42 of pregnancy can cause potential issues so we were naturally concerned.

I said to the nurse that, I saw no point complaining to her or her colleagues at the time, I was firm in making sure that we wouldn't be leapfrogged by those who preferred to vent their frustration in the direction of the staff on the triage ward, but beyond that, it was neither appropriate nor productive to do so to the staff who were clearly doing everything in their power to make my wife comfortable and frankly didn't have a magic wand to wave and resolve the problem even if they could.

I did say I would send an email to the senior management after the important bit of having the baby was all sorted and we were home safe and sound because it was clear to me that the issue was poor capacity planning, lack of direct insight from those making the decisions in senior management which leads to poor foresight, and poor communications across the different wards.

My work is heavily focused on driving efficiency (largely in manufacturing but I work across many industries) and the one thing I could see from a mile away was that the issues were solely coming from poor management. For reference, this was in Queen Charlotte's in Hammersmith which is viewed as one of the best maternity hospitals in the region and the nurse I was speaking with told me that they face these issues day in day out. I'm sure it is as bad, if not worse in many other areas of the country, especially back home based on the figures in the OP.

So from my recent personal experience, I would absolutely agree with what you say 'Guv.

Throwing money at the problem won't make the inefficiencies go away. I don't have the direct experience many on here have with the health service (thanks to all those who do what you do for us). What I can see though is, however it is currently being run, clearly isn't working.

I suspect this has probably been the case for a long, long time and the last 18 months has just revealed how vulnerable the NHS has become and how detached those from making decisions are from those who see the impact of poor management on a day to day basis.

I'd also go as far as to say that this is an issue that seems largely systemic as it is pervasive across a sustained period of time, across different regions and both sides of the political divide always seem to be campaigning on fixing the NHS then continue to add to or ignore the problems for the entirety of their time in power.

Great post (again) but more importantly, congratulations to you both on the new 'Bluebird' arrival... :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:03 pm

Sven wrote:
BigBearBlue1974 wrote:
Sven wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Sven wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
BigBearBlue1974 wrote:Im staggered by how hypocritical most people are on nhs. People clap on the doorsteps and yet you see trains full to the brim with people not wearing a mask. Even the city staduim at half time is the same. I don't know how good these masks are. Might it help though with nhs pressure? How gov say people can make their own judgement?? People are just ignorant and selfish pehaps?

"People are ignorant......." You state that after stating "I don't know how good these masks are.". The irony is just breathtaking.

I have no scientific evidence that I can point to to but I would hazard a guess that the masks used, and they way in which they are worn by most, are pretty much useless as a barrier to a virus that we will all probably get at some stage. :bluebird:

Jim, I'd like to agree with you; but I fear being accused of being a "troll", "bully" and allowing him to (quote) "live inside my head rent-free" by the now surely overly tired (it's well past hibernation time) Mr Angry Armchair-Bear, who dishes it out but detests having to take it back, so I won't... ;)

Of course, I jest on the word 'fear' and anyone who knows me will tell you I'm no shrinking violet but the guy behind the (well hidden) mask is of little consequence and/or substance in this or any other of his past or present names

Indeed, when another Moderator (not me) admonished rather than threatened him recently, his simple retort was to resort to type and largely avoid the 'live' issue of that moment, i.e. his inability to know when to quit

His actual retort was (quote): "Ban me, if you like. I really don't give a fu..! If you do, I'll just create another name"

Evidence points to one or more new user names being created/used already and might explain his limited visits to the site under the Angry Bear name

No threat to 'ban' was made by anyone, so the reaction seemed pre-emptive; maybe from experience?

Not that he would (quote) "give a fu...!" (sound familiar?) anyway :laughing6:

You're not the only one to see straight through him and the reaction will be interesting/amusing... ;)

Chris, please don't tell me the Roathmeister rides again! :cry:

We don't agree on everything mate, but at least we have a reasonable debate. I don't understand where these trolls find the time. I do sometimes wish I was ignorant, it would save me a hell of a lot of time from actually thinking! :D :bluebird:

No, mate. Not Roathy. Just another 'nip in, nip out' merchant running for the hills whenever he gets found out :oops:

So you do not know when to stop then. You feel it's within your power to carry on the negative posts. I guess you won't get a warning though.

Also, found out? Whats there to find out about me. I couldn't give a .....

Just find it funny how you start to call in the pack for the hunt and seem to be enjoying the hits.

That's all ive done is posted a thread on nhs/covid. I thinks its you and the pack have been found out.

I said your response would be pathetic; and so it proves :cry:

I haven't called anyone in, Mr Angry Armchair-Bear; your own post brought its own reactions without my interference

Try responding to a specific point/question that has been made to contradict your ramblings. If not by me, by someone else, like TheHangedMan

Did you not say you couldn't give a fu... before stating you would simply go create yet another name?

Be honest here, you aren't really cut out for a Forum where people have the right of response when they disagree, are you?

"Couldn't give a fu..!"? :shock:

I don't think even you believe that in reality...! ;) :roll:

Can I suggest you go take one of your hats off and allow some of that steam to dissipate before you blow a fuse... ;) :thumbright:

So i guess you dont no when to stop then?

I did respond with a nhs comment. But you and others decided to get personal. The pack was then sent out. Fu... pathetic.

Forum bullies who get free reign to do what you like.

Keep thinking about me though and keep taking screenshots.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:04 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

This is not about the NHS staffs; anyone who has been treated by or worked alongside these dedicated people will know what a wonderful job they do, the commitment they put into it and the sacrifices they have to make often over family time and finances

We live in tough times but I've always maintained WAG is relatively inaffective and their inability to take crises such as this by the scruff of the neck shows exactly why they themselves are not fit for purpose

Chris it really is serious. Having worked in the NHS and also when i retired, spent many long hours with family and friends admitted to hospital, I can say that, resources are not being used effectively.

That is from the top down. When there was a matron in charge of the hospital who used to oversee the way the wards were run, resources were used much better, now we have (senior clinical nurse managers) and i am afraid many of them are not up to the job.

Although NHS staff are doing the best that they can they have no control how wards are run, as i said at the begining, it starts at the top. And I am sorry to say that those at the top are not up to it.

It is not so much that the NHS is underfunded, as it is down to how those funds are utalised.
It is no good throwing money at the NHS if it is not used properly. In my experience, a lot of money going into the NHS is being wasted. There is a lot more that I can say, but not on a message board :ayatollah:

Not in Wales but here in London I was discussing this just the other day with a nurse who was urging me to complain to senior management because my wife was waiting in triage to be induced for two days simply because of a shortage of beds/midwives on the labour ward. Our new little Bluebird end up arriving 16 days overdue and was perfectly healthy as was her mam, but every day past week 42 of pregnancy can cause potential issues so we were naturally concerned.

I said to the nurse that, I saw no point complaining to her or her colleagues at the time, I was firm in making sure that we wouldn't be leapfrogged by those who preferred to vent their frustration in the direction of the staff on the triage ward, but beyond that, it was neither appropriate nor productive to do so to the staff who were clearly doing everything in their power to make my wife comfortable and frankly didn't have a magic wand to wave and resolve the problem even if they could.

I did say I would send an email to the senior management after the important bit of having the baby was all sorted and we were home safe and sound because it was clear to me that the issue was poor capacity planning, lack of direct insight from those making the decisions in senior management which leads to poor foresight, and poor communications across the different wards.

My work is heavily focused on driving efficiency (largely in manufacturing but I work across many industries) and the one thing I could see from a mile away was that the issues were solely coming from poor management. For reference, this was in Queen Charlotte's in Hammersmith which is viewed as one of the best maternity hospitals in the region and the nurse I was speaking with told me that they face these issues day in day out. I'm sure it is as bad, if not worse in many other areas of the country, especially back home based on the figures in the OP.

So from my recent personal experience, I would absolutely agree with what you say 'Guv.

Throwing money at the problem won't make the inefficiencies go away. I don't have the direct experience many on here have with the health service (thanks to all those who do what you do for us). What I can see though is, however it is currently being run, clearly isn't working.

I suspect this has probably been the case for a long, long time and the last 18 months has just revealed how vulnerable the NHS has become and how detached those from making decisions are from those who see the impact of poor management on a day to day basis.

I'd also go as far as to say that this is an issue that seems largely systemic as it is pervasive across a sustained period of time, across different regions and both sides of the political divide always seem to be campaigning on fixing the NHS then continue to add to or ignore the problems for the entirety of their time in power.

Excellent post and for many reasons.

The point I want to pick out however, is that this issue is a UK/NHS wide one, Wales IS failing, as are England and Scotland for the exact same reasons that the posters here have already mentioned.
But I despair at the readiness of 'proud' Cardiff fans defaulting to the stockholm syndrome Welsh character trait of begging England to save us.
We should sort our own problems out not call to send them back and abolish any chance to make a difference we have.
History should have taught us all what Westminster thinks of Wales, especially since our coal and steel mean nothing to them now. If you think the UK Govnt will ever rush to invest in Wales I think that you are sadly, deluded.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:25 pm

Somewhat spurious as WAG want to close Aberpergwm drift.. the prats at Yes Cymru are seeing it for what it is. Pity they couldn’t then.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:36 pm

Pat Turd wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Excellent post and for many reasons.

The point I want to pick out however, is that this issue is a UK/NHS wide one, Wales IS failing, as are England and Scotland for the exact same reasons that the posters here have already mentioned.
But I despair at the readiness of 'proud' Cardiff fans defaulting to the stockholm syndrome Welsh character trait of begging England to save us.
We should sort our own problems out not call to send them back and abolish any chance to make a difference we have.
History should have taught us all what Westminster thinks of Wales, especially since our coal and steel mean nothing to them now. If you think the UK Govnt will ever rush to invest in Wales I think that you are sadly, deluded.

Sounds like you trust WG to spend the money wisely that we get from Westminster? Or could go one better and not have anything from them and go independent after all got some coal left to sell for a couple of years if WG allows it? Can increase what we charge England for our water we send them? Or even better give WG power to raise money through taxes? No need to rely on Westminster for money is there?.... :o

Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:48 pm

Sven wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Great post (again) but more importantly, congratulations to you both on the new 'Bluebird' arrival... :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Cheers mate. :thumbup:

Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:39 pm

Hey ealing..good for you. I do hope this doesn’t mean that the hits are gonna stop rolling off the production line..

Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:25 am

Many congratulations to you and your family Sir Ealing. :ayatollah: :occasion5: :clap:

I must admit I had you down as 100+ years old due to your amazing wisdom, I guess even the centenarians can still produce the Bluebirds of tomorrow! :laughing6: :thumbup: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:13 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Hey ealing..good for you. I do hope this doesn’t mean that the hits are gonna stop rolling off the production line..

Cheers mate - depends if the first 'hits' does alright i guess :lol:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:53 pm

Sorry the post should just read WAG Fail

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:44 am

TheHangedMan wrote:Many congratulations to you and your family Sir Ealing. :ayatollah: :occasion5: :clap:

I must admit I had you down as 100+ years old due to your amazing wisdom, I guess even the centenarians can still produce the Bluebirds of tomorrow! :laughing6: :thumbup: :bluebird:

Cheers buddy! No i just look (and feel) older than I am - especially at the minute with these sleepless nights but worth it :lol: