A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW " A YOUNG CARDIFF CITY TEAM COME BACK "

Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:52 pm

MY VIEW " A YOUNG CARDIFF CITY TEAM COME BACK "

PRESTON NORTH END 1-2 CARDIFF CITY

A YOUNG CARDIFF CITY TEAM CAME BACK FROM 1-0 DOWN TO WIN AWAY AT PRESTON

GREAT RESULT FOR STEVE MORISON AND THE TEAM

ANOTHER BIG GAME AGAINST HULL AT HOME ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT

Kieffer Moore and Joe Ralls were both unavailable.

Marlon Pack was captain

Phillips, Ng, McGuinness, Flint, Nelson, Giles, Vaulks, Pack, Colwill, Davies, Zimba

Sean Maguire gave Preston the lead in the early stages.

HT: 1-0

James Collins replaced Chanka Zimba at the start of the second half

Mark McGuinness equalised for City early in the second half :bluebird:

James Collins then gave us the lead :ayatollah: :bluebird:

FT: 1-2

Re: MY VIEW " A YOUNG CARDIFF CITY TEAM COME BACK "

Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:59 pm

Shows that morison knows what he's doing as he tweaked formation slightly by putting colwill as a no10 and we were a different side along with Collins coming on.... really good performance and half and deserved the win :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:16 pm

Not often seen such a poor performance in one half and then such a superb one in the other.
In hindsight it wasn’t the game to start Zimba.
City now looked decent on the break; Colwill was impressive as was to be fair Collins.
Keep up the momentum next week

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:21 pm

Awesome 2nd half Giles for me ran his socks off , nice to see some nice skillfull passing and hunger for the ball
Future looking promising :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:21 pm

Danny Says wrote:Not often seen such a poor performance in one half and then such a superb one in the other.
In hindsight it wasn’t the game to start Zimba.
City now looked decent on the break; Colwill was impressive as was to be fair Collins.
Keep up the momentum next week

I think it was a good game to play him as no pressure from home fans a team with indifferent form he'll be all the better for the experience... at least now he knows what it's like in first team because he'll obviously drop back on the bench but ready to come on if required.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:22 pm

Absolutely awful in the first half but credit Morrison for an excellent turn a round. Great management. He correctly hooked Zimba at half time and Collins was brilliant. McCarthy would have waited to 60 minutes. So refreshing seeing a manager being positive and recognising his error. Zimba was not ready for that. Moving Colwill's position also had him dictating play in the game. Huge game on Wednesday now. Biggest in many months.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:31 pm

Even the usually disinterested Radcliffe on the radio was enthused by the change in the performance stating it’s the best he’s seen them for ages with no lumping it up but passing and movement and troubling their keeper, and can’t wait for Hull!

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:33 pm

Ned,

Unbelievable second-half performance by City.

Absolutely great football to watch :bluebird: :bluebird: