Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who was your man of the match v Preston North End away?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:54 pm

Steve Morison
2%
Alex Smithies
No votes
Perry Ng
No votes
Mark McGuinness
2%
Aden Flint
2%
Curtis Nelson
2%
Ryan Giles
24%
Will Vaulks
No votes
Marlon Pack
2%
Rubin Colwill
24%
Isaak Davies
2%
Chanka Zimba
2%
James Collins (sub)
37%
Mark Harris (sub)
No votes
Leandro Bacuna (sub)
No votes
None
No votes

Total votes : 49

VOTE " MOTM v Preston North End (h) "

Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:54 pm

Great win :ayatollah:

48 hours to vote :bluebird:

Re: VOTE " MOTM v Preston North End (h) "

Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:55 pm

Collins for me, changed the game with some get up & go that was lacking in the first half.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:03 pm

I Also chose collins, and with hindsight perhaps he could of started the game instead of putting Zimba straight in at the deep end?

All in all,as Jimmy greaves used to say " it's a game of two halves" we seem to enjoy the 2nd of late? Still no goal in 1st half! At the moment who cares? But we need to start better than we do, especially with us needing as many points as possible, and as quickly as possible.

Not detracting from a great win, away to boot, I went for a draw, but said I'd be over the moon with 3pts, and I am, let's hope we can get 20k plus at least for Hull (who also won today!) C'mon CITY!!

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:11 pm

So many good performances but I chose Nelson. I’ve not been his biggest fan but defended well and distribution was much better too.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:15 pm

Giles for me excellent at both ends of the field.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:15 pm

Collins was superb and changed game. Leadership he showed too....

Hopefully he kicks on now for a better back up for Moore

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:58 pm

He’s had a fair amount of stick on here but Collins made the difference coming on.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:13 pm

castleblue wrote:Giles for me excellent at both ends of the field.

I'm with you. The amount of running that he did at 1-2 to stop counters on us was incredible!

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:14 pm

bluesince62 wrote:I Also chose collins, and with hindsight perhaps he could of started the game instead of putting Zimba straight in at the deep end?

All in all,as Jimmy greaves used to say " it's a game of two halves" we seem to enjoy the 2nd of late? Still no goal in 1st half! At the moment who cares? But we need to start better than we do, especially with us needing as many points as possible, and as quickly as possible.

Not detracting from a great win, away to boot, I went for a draw, but said I'd be over the moon with 3pts, and I am, let's hope we can get 20k plus at least for Hull (who also won today!) C'mon CITY!!

Can't really blame Morison for leaving out Collins after no goals in 16 games and Simba scoring loads for the under 23s. At least he had the good sense to change things round at half time. We will have to be patient with the youngsters with no money to spend there is no alternative.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:23 pm

Crayfish wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:I Also chose collins, and with hindsight perhaps he could of started the game instead of putting Zimba straight in at the deep end?

Can't really blame Morison for leaving out Collins after no goals in 16 games and Simba scoring loads for the under 23s. At least he had the good sense to change things round at half time. We will have to be patient with the youngsters with no money to spend there is no alternative.

I dont disagree, only collins does have experience of 1st team football with sides, not knocking anyone, especially ZIMBA.Just that he hasnt playe a minute as yet, and was a big ask of him, hopefully he doesn't get too despondent at being taken off, his time will come again imho.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:10 am

castleblue wrote:Giles for me excellent at both ends of the field.

Agree with you Gary :thumbup: :bluebird:

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:03 am

James Collins. Best game I have seen him play for us and of course his first goal :thumbright: :bluebird: