Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

It did not go unnoticed that the away fans

Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:30 am

It did not go unnoticed that the away fans at Deepdale were as frenzied as any Cardiff City game this season.

After the match, when Steve Morison turned to the travelling supporters for the third time to raise his fist to the air, the noise was as loud as anything we had heard all afternoon.

It was reminiscent of a Neil Warnock whirling-arm celebration and it brought smiles to the faces of the fantastic Bluebirds fans.

It might have been only a small gesture, perhaps only 30 seconds' worth of celebration, but it was symbolic of a change that was much needed.

It is rare that a manager's appointment is so widely accepted. Indeed, the lion's share of supporters were in fact demanding Morison got the job until the end of the season, so happy were they after his three interim matches.

The football forums were all for Steve Morison’s appointment and hierarchy listened.

It hasn't been perfect so far, fans and the management know that. But, importantly, it has been different. It has been exciting and unpredictable and a world away from the monotony of the football at the start of the campaign.

Cardiff are also seven points better off than what they were four games ago.

Now, of course, two wins on the bounce does not mean that all of Cardiff's problems go away. They still start games far too slowly, they allow opposition teams too much room outside their own box and, for the love of god, please can they score a first-half goal?

But while they continue to show this fire, this mentality and resoluteness to fight back, these Cardiff fans are going to stick with them.

STEVE MORISON:

"You have to enjoy those moments," Morison said of his passionate celebrations with the supporters at the end of the match.

"What's the point of doing this job if you don't enjoy it? I'm going to enjoy it for as long as I'm doing it for, whether that is six months or 10 years.

"[The fans] were fantastic. The fans feed off the players, the players feed off the fans, it's a collective effort.

"While I'm here and in charge, we will do everything we can to bring the fans and the players and this football club closer together.

"Days like today, when the players go down and clap the fans, me having a bit of a laugh with them and getting right involved, is only going to help with that.

"Long may that continue."
Attachments
92D63E80-270F-426C-9FE0-52D6195A445D.jpeg
92D63E80-270F-426C-9FE0-52D6195A445D.jpeg (217.09 KiB) Viewed 6504 times

Re: It did not go unnoticed that the away fans

Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:37 am

What a breath of fresh air Steve Morison has been. Great appointment and fantastic start, long may it continue :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:52 am

Ponty Bluebird wrote:What a breath of fresh air Steve Morison has been. Great appointment and fantastic start, long may it continue :ayatollah:

At last a genuine manager and loving it, but we must be patient when things go wrong, he has No money remember :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:06 am

3 second half comeback’s in the last 4 games says it all

A hoofball team suddenly playing some decent football

Players with smiles on their faces, and us fans once again doing our bit

A bunch of youngsters giving everything and playing with no fear

Let’s not get carried away because there will be tough times ahead but encouraging signs definitely

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:What a breath of fresh air Steve Morison has been. Great appointment and fantastic start, long may it continue :ayatollah:

At last a genuine manager and loving it, but we must be patient when things go wrong, he has No money remember :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Very true! Easy when things go well its when honeymoon period slows and he needs to turn to us as a 12th man

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:12 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Very true! Easy when things go well its when honeymoon period slows and he needs to turn to us as a 12th man

Spot on :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:13 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:3 second half comeback’s in the last 4 games says it all

A hoofball team suddenly playing some decent football

Players with smiles on their faces, and us fans once again doing our bit

A bunch of youngsters giving everything and playing with no fear

Let’s not get carried away because there will be tough times ahead but encouraging signs definitely

This is brilliant as we now feel and the team when we go down , we have it in us to come back :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:23 am

It was brilliant fair play, Cardiff fans will always love a Manager that shows some interest in them and acknowledges their support, on this level he seems a natural :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:35 am

It only takes a little bit of effort to engage with fans and it brings everyone together. Malky Mackay and Niel Warnock understood that and it looks like Morrison does too. Win, lose or draw those players should be coming over and showing some appreciation to those that travelled in support. :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:43 am

As others have said, the test of this new "togetherness" will be when we lose a game :roll: :lol:

You just watch all those "I told you so ........." posts come rolling in :banghead:

If we really want worthwhile and lasting change we need to be patient when things get tough, and they will.

I said when Morison was given the job he just needed to keep us up and show progress in the style of play and building the squad (whether that's internally or by wheeling and dealing).

There is a huge amount of optimism around right now and the new manager has to take a lot of credit for that, but also the players. To me, some of those youngsters are now reaching a level I really hadn't anticipated and some of the more experienced heads, like Vaulks, Flint, Ng, etc., are now also massively improved. All of this makes for exciting times.

It's a long time since I've looked forward to a home midweek game as much as this Wednesday but I just can't wait. I really hope the improvement is maintained and Morison is still punching the air at full time with a decent crowd cheering him on :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:14 am

piledriver64 wrote:As others have said, the test of this new "togetherness" will be when we lose a game :roll: :lol:

You just watch all those "I told you so ........." posts come rolling in :banghead:

If we really want worthwhile and lasting change we need to be patient when things get tough, and they will.

I said when Morison was given the job he just needed to keep us up and show progress in the style of play and building the squad (whether that's internally or by wheeling and dealing).

There is a huge amount of optimism around right now and the new manager has to take a lot of credit for that, but also the players. To me, some of those youngsters are now reaching a level I really hadn't anticipated and some of the more experienced heads, like Vaulks, Flint, Ng, etc., are now also massively improved. All of this makes for exciting times.

It's a long time since I've looked forward to a home midweek game as much as this Wednesday but I just can't wait. I really hope the improvement is maintained and Morison is still punching the air at full time with a decent crowd cheering him on :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Absolutely Spot on :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I feel exactly the same :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:15 am

Bluebina wrote:It was brilliant fair play, Cardiff fans will always love a Manager that shows some interest in them and acknowledges their support, on this level he seems a natural :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Thats what we crave for Mark, a manager with passion as well and we now have one :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:16 am

nubbsy wrote:It only takes a little bit of effort to engage with fans and it brings everyone together. Malky Mackay and Niel Warnock understood that and it looks like Morrison does too. Win, lose or draw those players should be coming over and showing some appreciation to those that travelled in support. :bluescarf:

Exactly Jack :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tan needs to back Morison in January :bluebird:

Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:It did not go unnoticed that the away fans at Deepdale were as frenzied as any Cardiff City game this season.

After the match, when Steve Morison turned to the travelling supporters for the third time to raise his fist to the air, the noise was as loud as anything we had heard all afternoon.

It was reminiscent of a Neil Warnock whirling-arm celebration and it brought smiles to the faces of the fantastic Bluebirds fans.

It might have been only a small gesture, perhaps only 30 seconds' worth of celebration, but it was symbolic of a change that was much needed.

It is rare that a manager's appointment is so widely accepted. Indeed, the lion's share of supporters were in fact demanding Morison got the job until the end of the season, so happy were they after his three interim matches.

The football forums were all for Steve Morison’s appointment and hierarchy listened.

It hasn't been perfect so far, fans and the management know that. But, importantly, it has been different. It has been exciting and unpredictable and a world away from the monotony of the football at the start of the campaign.

Cardiff are also seven points better off than what they were four games ago.

Now, of course, two wins on the bounce does not mean that all of Cardiff's problems go away. They still start games far too slowly, they allow opposition teams too much room outside their own box and, for the love of god, please can they score a first-half goal?

But while they continue to show this fire, this mentality and resoluteness to fight back, these Cardiff fans are going to stick with them.

STEVE MORISON:

"You have to enjoy those moments," Morison said of his passionate celebrations with the supporters at the end of the match.

"What's the point of doing this job if you don't enjoy it? I'm going to enjoy it for as long as I'm doing it for, whether that is six months or 10 years.

"[The fans] were fantastic. The fans feed off the players, the players feed off the fans, it's a collective effort.

"While I'm here and in charge, we will do everything we can to bring the fans and the players and this football club closer together.

"Days like today, when the players go down and clap the fans, me having a bit of a laugh with them and getting right involved, is only going to help with that.

"Long may that continue."

What's great about that photo, is the smiles on the youngsters faces behind him!!great to have a manager who appreciates the fans again, as in my eyes MM never made that "connection " with us, in fact he hid away mostly!

Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:08 pm

piledriver64 wrote:As others have said, the test of this new "togetherness" will be when we lose a game :roll: :lol:

Yep I'm looking forward to Wednesday for first time in a long time

Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:38 am

Morison has had a decent start and as you say, it's nice to have some excitement back.
Most of us were desperate for him to be given a chance so now it's important to back him and the team when things go wrong, which they will.
We have no money, more youngsters in the side that I've ever seen, and are still perilously close to the drop, but we are looking way healthier now thanks to all concerned.
At least there's hope now. :thumbup:
Post a reply