Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

'He's not happy and he shouldn’t be happy!' Steve Morison's

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:22 pm

'He's not happy and he shouldn’t be happy!' Steve Morison's candid admission over Cardiff City star as he remains coy on Kieffer Moore

The Bluebirds manager spoke ahead of the crucial clash with Hull City on Wednesday evening

Steve Morison said Cardiff City skipper Sean Morrison is understandably "not happy" about being left out in recent matches

Steve Morison admitted Cardiff City captain Sean Morrison is unhappy over his recent omissions from the starting line-up but insisted he has been a great help during the manager's short reign in charge.

Morrison has struggled with fitness issues all season with a succession of problems and, as a result, his form has dipped slightly.

That has seen him lose his spot in the last two games to Mark McGuinness, who has formed part of a back three alongside Aden Flint and Curtis Nelson.

But Morison said the Bluebirds skipper is the first person he calls if ever he needs anything and he has been a model pro around the place despite losing his spot in the team.

STEVE MORISON:

"Mozza has been here for a long time and has been a great servant - he continues to be that," Morison said.

"He has been excellent around the training ground. Excellent around the place. Anything I need, I pick up the phone and he is the first person I call. He is a professional.

"He is not happy and he shouldn’t be happy. No one should be happy about not playing.

"If he was bouncing around the place because he is happy about it then something is wrong!

"But all the players are spot on. They are professional and everyone is a part of it.

"That’s what we are trying to create here, it’s a team not a bunch of individuals."

The Bluebirds are hoping to record a third successive win when they take on Hull City on Wednesday evening.

Morison has overseen two consecutive comeback wins over Huddersfield Town and Preston North End and want to go one better and make that points tally look healthier with another one in the victory column.

Whether he will have star striker Kieffer Moore available remains to be seen, though, with the manager extremely coy over the player's fitness, having left him out at the weekend following his exploits with Wales.

STEVE MORISON:

"No new injury updates," Morison said. "[Moore] might be available, he might not be.

"If I tell you what is happening - I might as well ring up Hull and tell them our line-up for tomorrow night!"

Whether Moore will be available or not, there will no doubt be a feelgood vibe enveloping Cardiff City Stadium on Wednesday night following the recent run of results.

And Morison hopes that he can give the home fans something to cheer about and make the stadium a fortress for the rest of the season.

"The big thing is giving the fans three points at home again," Morison added.

"The season is not going to be defined now or Wednesday night. It’ll be defined over the longer period.

"Whether this was Hull or anyone, it’s a case of getting three points.

"We need to make Cardiff City Stadium a fortress, people shouldn’t enjoy coming to play there and we enjoy playing there."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.