Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Zimba's learning curve '

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:27 pm

' Zimba's learning curve '

Morison believes that Chanka Zimba will have learnt more from 45 minutes of football at Preston than he would have done in his entire youth-team career to date.

Morison said he went through footage of the match with the 19-year-old striker to pick out things he did well and his work-ons, but, ultimately, the biggest learning curve was being able to play those 45 minutes.

Morison hopes Zimba comes back stronger for it.

STEVE MORISON:

"It’s a huge step and Chanka Zimba found that out on Saturday," Morison said.

"He had 45 minutes where he is going to learn far more than he has ever done in an under-23s game.

"I think he lost the ball every time he got it - which he wouldn’t have done in the under-23s.

"It was a different level - a bigger test.

"We have gone through the game with him, now he understands, to do anything else he wants to do on the football pitch, he has to get the basics right. As a striker, when the ball comes in to your feet, you need to get hold of the ball.

"Being able to give him the opportunity to learn in a Championship game of football those 45 minutes was invaluable.

"It'll stand us and him in good stead in the future."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Zimba's learning curve '

Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:19 pm

Translated means he was terrible and gave the ball away all the time, he won't be playing tomorrow but hopefully he's learned from it!

Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:23 pm

Bluebina wrote:Translated means he was terrible and gave the ball away all the time, he won't be playing tomorrow but hopefully he's learned from it!

Although he wasn't in the 23's today, so maybe he will get some game time, as a sub?

Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:34 pm

Went through zimbas game time with him.
That's how to bring him on, we have a gem in morison.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:38 pm

robbo wrote:Went through zimbas game time with him.

:thumbup:

"Kieffer Moore?

No new injury updates. He might be, he might not be [available].

If I tell you what is happening - I might as well ring up Hull and tell them our line-up for tomorrow night!"

Love this, he can manage the media already, he is a gem !!!! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :occasion5: :thumbup:

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:55 am

Bluebina wrote:
robbo wrote:Went through zimbas game time with him.

:thumbup:

"Kieffer Moore?

No new injury updates. He might be, he might not be [available].

If I tell you what is happening - I might as well ring up Hull and tell them our line-up for tomorrow night!"

Love this, he can manage the media already, he is a gem !!!! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :occasion5: :thumbup:

keep your cards close to your chest! :bluescarf: