We would do the same, but

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Barclay1 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:57 am

Hulls ability to time waste was pretty impressive and so early on in the game.

Nobody went forward to take set pieces or throws all game. Their first corner after only a few minutes, a player eventually saunters up to take the kick.

My favourite though ( and we should stick this in our back pockets... Not) take an age over a corner, then make the ref come over cos you ain't placed the ball in the triangle, then get your CB to then have a barny with their marker to make the ref come over and talk to the players then take an age again to get the ball in the middle. Classic.

Not gonna complain about their antics, because we'd do it, but its one of the worst ive seen for a long time.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: We would do the same, but

Postby Sven » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:15 am

Really? And this couldn't have gone on another (existing) thread? :? :shock:

They played their game and it worked. It was for us to overcome but we didn't

Other than blaming Vincent Tan, what more is there to say? :?:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Barclay1 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:22 pm

Your saying what I am, that they did it,did it well, got away with it.

As for it being on another thread, maybe, but I'm not sure too many might lose sleep over it.... I've seen at least another three threads that could have come under the 'Match thread' heading, am just wondering why you have picked mine out?
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby davids » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:41 pm

Towards the end of the game their goalie caught the ball under no pressure and fell on the floor. After slowly getting up he then took 23 seconds to eventually kick the ball - yes I did actually count it!

The useless ref then waits until the ball goes out of play and then goes over to earn him not to do it again thus effectively allowing the time wasting.

Should have been a minimum of 6 minutes and probably about 8 minutes added..

Not that we looked like scoring though even if we were still playing now!
davids

Postby Sven » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:45 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Your saying what I am, that they did it,did it well, got away with it.

As for it being on another thread, maybe, but I'm not sure too many might lose sleep over it.... I've seen at least another three threads that could have come under the 'Match thread' heading, am just wondering why you have picked mine out?

I didn't say your point was mute but I didn't see why you valued it as worthy of creating a new thread. I certainly didn't; but then again, someone saw fit to make it a 'sticky'

I'm not on so much at the moment, so may miss things; but you needn't worry about (quote) "at least three other threads" and maybe concentrate on the quality of your own?

Of course, I jest where the Vincent Tan comments are concerned; but you do have a running theme... ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat