‘ Steve Morison / Sean Morrison ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:57 am

Cardiff City manager Steve Morison heaped praise on his captain Sean Morrison for proving a point with his winning goal at Luton Town.

Morrison didn't put a foot wrong all afternoon and no one deserved to score the winner more than the Bluebirds skipper.

It comes after a frustrating spell out of the side for the centre back, with Aden Flint having been preferred in the last three matches.

But it was Morrison who got the nod against Luton Town and he repaid his manager's faith with a stunning diving header to seal the three points.

STEVE MORISON:

"He was excellent," Morison said of his captain.

"It was a great team move and he was there to put the ball in the back of the net.

"He knows what we are trying to do and he is on board with that. He had his moment today and it was fantastic."

Morison has said that the defender has been a model pro during his period out of the side.

And while the manager said his inclusion on Saturday was down to a rotation basis, he also felt the captain might just have that bit extra between his teeth following a spell on the bench.

STEVE MORISON:

"I made four changes today, like I did against Huddersfield, and I'll continue to do the same," he added.

"It's imperative we have fresh legs and fresh bodies.

"Sometimes it gives you people who have a little bit extra or a bit of a point to prove.

"It keeps people involved, it keeps people interested and they've got to realise they are one game away from starting a game of football, so they can't shut off and down tools.

"There's a point to it, a process to it. We have done it twice now and it worked twice."

The travelling supporters were fantastic at Kenilworth Road. All 1,032 of them.

They sang their hearts out in the bitter cold and got their just rewards. When the full-time whistle blew, the entire team went over to thank them for their support.

But Steve Morison went one extra. Four big fist pumps and a big ayatollah to finish had them roaring in the away end.

It's clear that Morison is bringing the fans back closer to the team and it's not before time.

When asked about his rapport with the supporters, Morison said: "They like it when I do four (fist pumps), so I did four.

"I did four last time (at Preston), but I slipped on the second one. Thankfully they cut it out of all the videos!

"When you win the games, you've got to enjoy yourself, the boys are buzzing in there! That's what it's all about.

"Wednesday night I walked down the tunnel when we lost because there was nothing to celebrate.

"Tonight we have got something to celebrate. The main thing now is that on Monday morning everyone comes back in with a smile on their face."
Attachments
19711EF8-5A8C-4E3E-808D-A5E4A9A14B31.jpeg
19711EF8-5A8C-4E3E-808D-A5E4A9A14B31.jpeg (75.83 KiB) Viewed 2552 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ Steve Morison / Sean Morrison ‘

Postby Sven » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:34 pm

Sean Morrison was immense on his return and even 'took one for the team' when he got a yellow card for bringing down a Luton attacker just outside the box after a team mate (can't remember who) put him in a position

Great header for the goal, too! :clap:

My MotM and a great leader/example for our team :notworthy: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:49 pm

Re-energised. I would say the time out has done him good.Also speaks volumes for the manager who seems not afraid to call it as he sees it with regards to players and the press.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:06 am

Cardiff City manager Steve Morison heaped praise on his captain Sean Morrison for proving a point with his winning goal at Luton Town.

Morrison didn't put a foot wrong all afternoon and no one deserved to score the winner more than the Bluebirds skipper.

It comes after a frustrating spell out of the side for the centre back, with Aden Flint having been preferred in the last three matches.

But it was Morrison who got the nod against Luton Town and he repaid his manager's faith with a stunning diving header to seal the three points.

STEVE MORISON:

"He was excellent," Morison said of his captain.

"It was a great team move and he was there to put the ball in the back of the net.

"He knows what we are trying to do and he is on board with that. He had his moment today and it was fantastic."

Morison has said that the defender has been a model pro during his period out of the side.

And while the manager said his inclusion on Saturday was down to a rotation basis, he also felt the captain might just have that bit extra between his teeth following a spell on the bench.

"I made four changes today, like I did against Huddersfield, and I'll continue to do the same," he added.

"It's imperative we have fresh legs and fresh bodies.

"Sometimes it gives you people who have a little bit extra or a bit of a point to prove.

"It keeps people involved, it keeps people interested and they've got to realise they are one game away from starting a game of football, so they can't shut off and down tools.

"There's a point to it, a process to it. We have done it twice now and it worked twice
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat