Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VINCENT TAN TIME TO BITE THE BULLET

Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:35 pm

We really newd something to happen how long can we go on with what we have and survive
bringing back players we sent out on loan is not going to make a difference imo
the squad is the weakest we have had for 20 years plus something has to give otherwise its shrewsbury and Accrington
stanley next season

Re: VINCENT TAN TIME TO BITE THE BULLET

Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:43 pm

montyblue wrote:We really newd something to happen how long can we go on with what we have and survive
the squad is the weakest we have had for 20 years plus something has to give otherwise its shrewsbury and Accrington
stanley next season

Would love him to fk off and sell to someone who gives a sh#t and happy to spend a bit of money even in these dark times (sorry did I use a racist word?) Now if Carlsberg did football chairmen ...

Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:51 pm

The only people who should F off is Dalman and Choo.

Tan has put countless millions in - and it's been squandered - firstly by ex managers. Alleged back handers , dodgy agents related to managers. Giving out stupid contracts to rubbish players - Madine / Vassell and countless countless others.

Now is not the time to sack people - now is the time to make everyone accountable for the role they have been given. AND if they dont or cant do that - then sell or not renew the contract.

We are in for a tricky few games that's for sure. Bacuna just wrote his own P45 tonight - probably wants to clubbing in England for the New Years eve celebrations

Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:51 pm

If he was to sell up it wouldn't get done in time for this season, and might be too late by then anyway

Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:26 pm

Bet he’s fed up Bacuna out for 3 matches but still on 30k wouldn’t you be wanting to bite the bullet :old:

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:28 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Bet he’s fed up Bacuna out for 3 matches but still on 30k wouldn’t you be wanting to bite the bullet :old:

We are stuck with Bacuna on high wages, allegedly on 27K a week with another year left on his 4-year contract, that's £1.4million a year ..... Zero desire and another woeful performance, he is right up there with some of the expensive duds that we have signed .... I'm so angry and hope we won't see him in a Cardiff City shirt again ..... whatever happens to us this season he couldn't give a shite, just taking the piss and the money

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:37 am

So the conversation has gone away from Tan to Bacuna??

Today was men against boys and will continue to be until some money is spent on some quality.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:17 am

I personally am not asking tan to s.d off and Appriciate all he has done but its the nature of running a football
spending money
the decision i was reffering to was more on the lines that we have cut our cloth but there's not much more left to cut
so saying there is no more money to be spent thats fair enough if its yours to spend
but the consequences are relegation and any little value we had as a club has gone further down the sh.tt.r so if tan was hoping pass us on to a new owner that gets more diffuclt in division 1
So more money has to be spent on loan players at least surely
And what on earth is dalhman relaying to tan about our current crisis anything it seems the owner and board have given up

Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:41 am

stentona wrote:
montyblue wrote:We really newd something to happen how long can we go on with what we have and survive
stanley next season

Would love him to fk off and sell to someone who gives a sh#t and happy to spend a bit of money even in these dark times (sorry did I use a racist word?) Now if Carlsberg did football chairmen ...

deluded without Tan this club would be dead and without him will go bust no one wants us buddy.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:47 am

Anyone who thinks Tan will buy new players or sell the club while we have the Sala, Isaacs and Hammam legal cases unresolved, and with the loss of income from covid, are sticking their head in the sand.

We will have to get rid of players, bring through more youngsters and rely on loans or frees in January, if we manage to get anyone at all.

Even without the liabilities owned to Tan, the club is in its most perilous situation it's ever been in.

Getting relegated would be a disaster but we are way beyond being able to 'buy' ourselves out of a relegation scrap... We are in the shit.

On a positive note .. a few cases may go our way and Morison may keep us up... Then the situation changes significantly come the summer.

Until then.... We are in the eye of a storm

Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:54 am

We should always stand up for what we believe, whether Tan is skint, lost interest or just does not care anymore.

What is blatantly obvious is we are lacking quality all over the pitch, we have a team who are struggling to stay in this division.

We have a manager who needs support with a few quality signings.

We have no quality options in several position and we have no pace.

What i can guarantee is that without any additions and quality additions is that we are on a downward trajectory, whether that is this season or next.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:58 am

robjohn wrote:
stentona wrote:
stanley next season

deluded without Tan this club would be dead and without him will go bust no one wants us buddy.

That is a joke , surely.

Three offers in last 2 years.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:
robjohn wrote:
stentona wrote:
stanley next season

That is a joke , surely.

We keep hearing that from you, but I could make an offer today but it wouldn’t be accepted because it wouldn’t be enough !!

Tan, understandably, wants to recoup as much of his money as he can, therefore the offers have to meet that and be from a fit and proper person/group.

Until that happens Tan isn’t going anywhere and why should he. Hammam is still trying to get back what he feels he is owed, why shouldn’t Tan do the same ?

Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:27 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
robjohn wrote:
stentona wrote:
stanley next season

That is a joke , surely.

We keep hearing that from you, but I could make an offer today but it wouldn’t be accepted because it wouldn’t be enough !!

Tan, understandably, wants to recoup as much of his money as he can, therefore the offers have to meet that and be from a fit and proper person/group.

Until that happens Tan isn’t going anywhere and why should he. Hammam is still trying to get back what he feels he is owed, why shouldn’t Tan do the same ?

Two were accepted as I have said previously.

Even Dalman publicly confirmed it finally.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:28 am

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Annis, didn't Tan accept one offer, but then turn it down when he knew it was Sam?

If Sam bought the club, his case, and I feel the Isaacs one, would be gone. Perhaps Sam will have a different agenda for the Sala situation that might end the court journey and lead to a settlement? Who knows? I don't and possibly only a few on here would have an idea.

If anyone says that Tan is our only hope, as is suggested above then, with respect, it is folly. If he continues with his current plans, the club, it's fan base and our chance of being successful in the short term are not just doomed, they are gone, disappeared.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:01 am

As Simon Jordon states repeatedly, nearly all clubs are for sale and people only buy them when they are deep in the mire.

Also dont look for anything back from your investment , you are a custodian for a set time and when you can no longer invest its time to let go.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:14 am

Barclay1 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Annis, didn't Tan accept one offer, but then turn it down when he knew it was Sam?

If Sam bought the club, his case, and I feel the Isaacs one, would be gone. Perhaps Sam will have a different agenda for the Sala situation that might end the court journey and lead to a settlement? Who knows? I don't and possibly only a few on here would have an idea.

If anyone says that Tan is our only hope, as is suggested above then, with respect, it is folly. If he continues with his current plans, the club, it's fan base and our chance of being successful in the short term are not just doomed, they are gone, disappeared.

Correct Jonny.

And Sam is worth beyond £millions now and only wants to finish if the dream he started and has moved back to London permanently with his family and just bought his 2nd house their.

Sam knows the mistakes he made and knows football inside out, plus has never missed watching a City game on tv since the day he left and was stabbed in the back.

Sam started this whole dream and wants to finish it where he believes we belong.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Annis, didn't Tan accept one offer, but then turn it down when he knew it was Sam?

Correct Jonny.

And Sam is worth beyond £millions now and only wants to finish if the dream he started and has moved back to London permanently with his family and just bought his 2nd house their.

Sam knows the mistakes he made and knows football inside out, plus has never missed watching a City game on tv since the day he left and was stabbed in the back.

Sam started this whole dream and wants to finish it where he believes we belong.

Well I will vouch for Sam's football knowledge. I've read a few of his after game reports he has sent privately to a few and they are very impressive. Those reports make the like of Tan, Dalman and Choo look paupers on the subject.

As for the money side of things that was Sams downfall. He basically ran out of the stuff and the lie of PMG/Ridsdale jumped on board. They hit Sam when he was down. A number of fans turned against him and welcomed Tan basically because he has money.

Tan has shown he does not intend to invest anymore yet people stick by him because of the money he has. i just wonder if its revealed that Sam now has the money will his adversaries amongst us accept him back?

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:48 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Correct Jonny.

Well I will vouch for Sam's football knowledge. I've read a few of his after game reports he has sent privately to a few and they are very impressive. Those reports make the like of Tan, Dalman and Choo look paupers on the subject.

As for the money side of things that was Sams downfall. He basically ran out of the stuff and the lie of PMG/Ridsdale jumped on board. They hit Sam when he was down. A number of fans turned against him and welcomed Tan basically because he has money.

Tan has shown he does not intend to invest anymore yet people stick by him because of the money he has. i just wonder if its revealed that Sam now has the money will his adversaries amongst us accept him back?

Ian,

Everything you say their is correct.

Stabbed in the back by people at our club and a number of close fans who made out they were his friends.

Before every game Sam knows the ins and outs of the opposition.

Plus knows exactly where we have gone wrong.

I am not going to go in to any more detail about Sam, I will leave it their.

Those that still believe Tan & Committee are heading in the right direction, I said this Summer we are going to only get worse in trouble on and off and it’s not just the money, the Committee lack football knowledge badly.

I will leave it there.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:03 pm

Barclay1 wrote:So the conversation has gone away from Tan to Bacuna??

Today was men against boys and will continue to be until some money is spent on some quality.

What nonsense!! We were in the game still at 1-0 bacuna changed it with that totally reckless challenge! And not even preventing a clear scoring opportunity! But hey he was warnocks signing, 4 yrs, 27k a week with no relegation clause?? Hmmmm one of what seems a few dodgy deals!! Not all tans fault, get rid of dalman & choo before tan!

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:28 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

What nonsense!! We were in the game still at 1-0 bacuna changed it with that totally reckless challenge! And not even preventing a clear scoring opportunity! But hey he was warnocks signing, 4 yrs, 27k a week with no relegation clause?? Hmmmm one of what seems a few dodgy deals!! Not all tans fault, get rid of dalman & choo before tan!

Do we know if Warnock went above Dalman straight to Tan with regards to Bacuna? He has done it before.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:31 pm

What nonsense? WHAT NONSENSE!!!

You have deliberately miss read my message because the first word you saw was Barclay1.

This thread is about TAN, and no, not created by me. Suddently, the conversation goes onto Bacuna, and away from Tan, that's what I was on about.

And yes, I was there, we were sort of in the game until Bacunas ridiculous challenge, but that's not what the thread is about.

As I've said before, look at the post NOT THE POSTER PLEASE!

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:56 pm

BARCLAY 1

It tends to happen mate when someone sends a message down a line of twenty people it invariably ends up something different at the other end
thats why when you said it had drifted off topic i brought it back on track about tan not bacuna
Happy new year anyway.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:05 pm

For those in the know of Sam - Would Sam pass the fit and proper persons to run the football club, as when they look into finances etc his track record is not the best with Wimbledon and Cardiff and am sure this would be taken into account.

Out here there are several investors that look to buy clubs for whatever reason that get turned down.

People could be debating something that could not happen even if Tan did decide to sell to him.

The best solution I think many have stated would have been the pair of them working together. Unfortunately it does not look like either will back down which is a shame for the club.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:12 pm

BLUESINCE 62

I do agree with barclay 1 in my 2nd post about spending some money
not on transfers but on loans so some money needs to be spent even the manager can see that and everybody else
this is why its time for tan to make a decision to prop us up or let us fall because at the present with what we have its looking bleak

Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:51 pm

Dobbin wrote:For those in the know of Sam - Would Sam pass the fit and proper persons to run the football club, as when they look into finances etc his track record is not the best with Wimbledon and Cardiff and am sure this would be taken into account.

Out here there are several investors that look to buy clubs for whatever reason that get turned down.

People could be debating something that could not happen even if Tan did decide to sell to him.

The best solution I think many have stated would have been the pair of them working together. Unfortunately it does not look like either will back down which is a shame for the club.

Are you serious?

Dobbins,

Sam has won every court case , only given success to clubs, never been relegated, owes No one anything and it was media bullshit that hounded Sam.

Were Paul Guy / Mile Hall / PMG good for Cardiff?????

If we stay with Tan, We will end up eventually sliding down the leagues, a higher debt and attendances falling rapidly which they have been.

People have their opinions and are right to but at least back them with facts.

I noticed the last month most of Tans followers have gone underground.

We threw 10 players in from Our U23 Squad knowing they were not good enough most of them and then blame managers once again.

Anyway I can see you don’t want Sam, but I can tell you now as I stated in July we are in big trouble on and off under this Regime.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:06 pm

Would you take relegation if Tan and his cronies sold up. I think I would as we're on a slippery slope back to the dungeons. A fresh start required imo, it may take years to get back to glory however a risk worth taking. :bluescarf:

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dobbin wrote:For those in the know of Sam - Would Sam pass the fit and proper persons to run the football club, as when they look into finances etc his track record is not the best with Wimbledon and Cardiff and am sure this would be taken into account.

Are you serious?

Dobbins,

Sam has won every court case , only given success to clubs, never been relegated, owes No one anything and it was media bullshit that hounded Sam.

Were Paul Guy / Mile Hall / PMG good for Cardiff?????

If we stay with Tan, We will end up eventually sliding down the leagues, a higher debt and attendances falling rapidly which they have been.

People have their opinions and are right to but at least back them with facts.

I noticed the last month most of Tans followers have gone underground.

We threw 10 players in from Our U23 Squad knowing they were not good enough most of them and then blame managers once again.

Anyway I can see you don’t want Sam, but I can tell you now as I stated in July we are in big trouble on and off under this Regime.

I’m coming round to the idea that we must change to avoid a real slippery slope. Annis, do you think Sam has a chance of buying us or would VT block every move?

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:12 pm

Annis - is was a genuine question about the fit and proper persons test that the FA conduct and nothing to do with court cases, relegations etc.

I support the club not who owns it. Do I care about how the club is run, yes of course I do.

Both have good points and bad points. I do not sit on one side or the other.

With regards to youth coming through to you have to drip feed them in. I work heavily with youth both at under 23 and under 19 level and agreed you don’t get ten coming all at once you are lucky to get one a year if that.

Have a good New Year and looking forward to watching Balearas when they down my way in January and February for a couple of games. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:35 pm

Did we watch different games last night? They went ahead through a lucky deflected goal and we missed a few sitters. We basically matched them, if not bettered them, for chances in the first half. Then in the last seconds of the half Bacuna gets himself sent off and from that moment the game was lost.

Had we gone into the 2nd half with 11 men I’m confident in us leaving Bournemouth with at least point. They weren’t anything special until they had a man advantage.