Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: STEVE MORISON HAS AGO AT ISAAK DAVIES

Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:48 pm

UPDATED:

Yes he said it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=225440

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport ... hindrance/

Steve Morison on Isaak Davies: ‘He wasn't good enough. I brought him on to change the game and he was more of a hindrance than a help, so I made the change. It's harsh, not nice and lots of people will say I only did it because he's a young lad. I did it because he wasn't good enough.’

Just saw this on twitter supposedly from Morison “ Morison on Davies: ‘He wasn't good enough. I brought him on to change the game and he was more of a hindrance than a help, so I made the change. It's harsh, not nice and lots of people will say I only did it because he's a young lad. I did it because he wasn't good enough.’ Surely he should keep this in the dressing room? Is he losing it already?

Re: Poor from Morison if this is true

Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:55 pm

64Ninian wrote:Just saw this on twitter supposedly from Morison “ Morison on Davies: ‘He wasn't good enough. I brought him on to change the game and he was more of a hindrance than a help, so I made the change. It's harsh, not nice and lots of people will say I only did it because he's a young lad. I did it because he wasn't good enough.’ Surely he should keep this in the dressing room? Is he losing it already?

Can u put the link up please mate?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=225440

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:05 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
64Ninian wrote:Just saw this on twitter supposedly from Morison “ Morison on Davies: ‘He wasn't good enough. I brought him on to change the game and he was more of a hindrance than a help, so I made the change. It's harsh, not nice and lots of people will say I only did it because he's a young lad. I did it because he wasn't good enough.’ Surely he should keep this in the dressing room? Is he losing it already?

Not good at links but trying https://twitter.com/vftninian/status/14 ... 57412?s=21 reported by other sources as well :(

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:14 am

64Ninian wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Not good at links but trying https://twitter.com/vftninian/status/14 ... 57412?s=21 reported by other sources as well :(

Cheers mate.
Not sure of the credibility of that account - I don’t even have a twitter account so have no idea lol.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:35 am

I’m not convinced about the validity of this rumour especially as Morison didn’t attend the post match press conference according to sky

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:41 am

Daicwmbran wrote:I’m not convinced about the validity of this rumour especially as Morison didn’t attend the post match press conference according to sky

There are now comments on the bbc report but no mention of the double subbing.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:23 am

Really hope it's not true as saying that will smash davies' confidence and does not show morison in a good light!

Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:23 am

danielrees17 wrote:Really hope it's not true as saying that will smash davies' confidence and does not show morison in a good light!

It did happen and it needed to, if the boy Evans is to learn and develop

It's odd that so many slate Bacuna (and certain others) on here for their 'poor' performances but when the manager shows his own disdain for a performance he is wrong/out of order?

That's largely selective and (sadly) rather indicative of the younger generation who will not accept/cannot stand being told they are not performing

Keiron Evans enjoys the title 'professional footballer' and with that goes both responsibility and accountability

He's had a short, sharp shock that will hopefully stand him in good stead and I'm sure he (Evans) will learn from it, receive an arm around his shoulder in training and move on

Molly coddling him will bare little fruit at this stage of a very promising but fledgling career

Good on Steve Morison, I say...! :clap:

Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:31 am

Yes it’s true what a Steve Morison said last night.

Personally I don’t think he rates many of our Under 23’s to be in the first team.

Second player he has called out and is hardly ever playing them.

He has a point, going public ?

Hmmmmmm?

But these players have been pushed in to the first team squad by the CCFC Committee.

Steve Morison on Davies: ‘He wasn't good enough. I brought him on to change the game and he was more of a hindrance than a help, so I made the change. It's harsh, not nice and lots of people will say I only did it because he's a young lad. I did it because he wasn't good enough.’

Re: UPDATED: Poor from Morison if this is true

Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:34 am

What you on about sven it was isaak davies he took off not evans

Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:41 am

Sven wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:Really hope it's not true as saying that will smash davies' confidence and does not show morison in a good light!

It's odd that so many slate Bacuna (and certain others) on here for their 'poor' performances but when the manager shows his own disdain for a performance he is wrong/out of order?

That's largely selective and (sadly) rather indicative of the younger generation who will not accept/cannot stand being told they are not performing

Keiron Evans enjoys the title 'professional footballer' and with that goes both responsibility and accountability

He's had a short, sharp shock that will hopefully stand him in good stead and I'm sure he (Evans) will learn from it, receive an arm around his shoulder in training and move on

Molly coddling him will bare little fruit at this stage of a very promising but fledgling career

It was a very public humiliation for a young player who is just making a start to his career and who has to date shown a fair amount of promise.

If the comments are true they may have been better said in private to the player himself.

I'm more concerned about the fact that Morison, like Harris and McCarthy before him continues to pick Bacuna who has to be one of the most consistently poor peformers we have had for many seasons.

We've heard all the excuses for Bacuna - played out of position, not given a run in the team, has poor midfielders around him etc but the fact is that he has been total and utter dogshit since the day he arrived on a ridiculously long contract (not Bacuna's fault admittedly).

I'd have a bit more respect for Morison if he came out and gave the experienced Bacuna a bollocking in public rather than (again if it's true) slagging off a young player at the start of his career.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:30 am

It's definitely true as I sat through the 10min interview on the website just to see in what context he said it. Sadly I have to agree with the majority on here that it was poor by Morison, very poor infact. He barely makes a mention of how Bacuna once again has let everyone down with a diabolical challenge yet instead focuses on saying how Davies was a "hinderance". This is either naivity by Morison as he is inexperienced, or he is terrible at man management and extremely unprofessional so lets hope it's the former. We can all remember what happened with Adam Matthews when Jones did this to him, its not good for team morale at all.
Morison is also reverting to the same trends that Warnock, Harris AND McCarthy did and that is picking Bacuna again and again regardless of what a liability he is, makes you wonder how 4 managers fail to see what the fans do??!

Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:36 am

Yes he said it, reported in local rag down here too. Very disappointed with Morison, air dirty laundry behind closed doors. Izaak hasn't done much wrong in his short career. Draw a line under last night, we were never gonna get anything at a bogey club.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:42 am

It's a poor interview and I am beginning to wonder whether the pressure and enormity of the task is now getting to him. He is understandably frustrated but doing this in public does not help his cause. Davies may have been poor but he needs protection mot singling out when Bacuna has put the team in this position. Tactically I thought we had done a reasonable job last night but he picked Bacuna and he has take responsibility. I have a feeling he wont make the same mistake again and he will rarely start under Morison again.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:54 am

He wasn't good enough. Maybe not best to call him out publicly though.

But some people seem to be giving the guys a free pass because they're young and Welsh.

Most aren't good enough. They could be, but there's a long way to go. And maybe not a relegation fight in them yet!

Mcguinness, Colwill and Davies were as poor as anyone last night (Bacuna exempt). I hate to say it. But players like Pack are the ones needed right now. And Moore desperately needs to find his shooting boots, he should've buried both those chances.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:59 am

jimmy_rat wrote:He wasn't good enough. Maybe not best to call him out publicly though.

But some people seem to be giving the guys a free pass because they're young and Welsh.

Most aren't good enough. They could be, but there's a long way to go. And maybe not a relegation fight in them yet!

Mcguinness, Colwill and Davies were as poor as anyone last night (Bacuna exempt). I hate to say it. But players like Pack are the ones needed right now. And Moore desperately needs to find his shooting boots, he should've buried both those chances.

Lots of good points there. I also thought Nelson did ok last night all things considered

Re: UPDATED: STREVE MORISON HAS AGO AT ISAAK DAVIES

Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:16 am

Very poor interview from the manager. Putting Isaac out in media like that is very poor and shows a lack of real leadership.

Dave jones done it to Adam mathews and was rightly condemned.
Morison already done similar to zimba and needs to learn how to address his players privately and publicly.

Re: UPDATED: STEVE MORISON HAS AGO AT ISAAK DAVIES

Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:20 am

Cardiff City boss Steve Morison criticises Leandro Bacuna and Isaak Davies after defeat at Bournemouth after previously being a critic of young striker Zimba.

Isaac Davies is 20 years old and come through the Cardiff Academy.

“Morison has recently stated its a big step up for these players from the Cardiff U23’s and these games this season need players with experience.”

Friday 31st December 2021

Leandro Bacuna's red card was his first as a Cardiff City player
Cardiff boss Steve Morison had strong criticism for midfielders Leandro Bacuna and Isaak Davies after his side were beaten 3-0 at Bournemouth.

Bacuna was sent off in first half injury time for a horrendous lunge from behind on Philip Billing.

Davies, who came on at half time, was taken off by Morison 30 minutes later.

STEVE MORISON:

Morison said Bacuna deserved fan criticism as he "let his team-mates down," and described Davies' display as "more a hindrance than a help".

Cardiff are now just three points outside the Championship relegation zone after the defeat and Morison did not sugar coat his words when asked about Bacuna's red card.

"I haven't watched it back; live I thought it was going to be a sending off," he said.

"He held his hands up as soon as we got in the dressing room. We need everyone to get results and if you don't have everyone, it becomes very difficult."

Morison added that he understood the frustration of Cardiff fans who felt the reckless challenge cost the Bluebirds the chance of earning a point.

"I would agree with them... the game went away from us from that moment, it was a bad tackle," he said.

Bournemouth boss Scott Parker said the challenge could have ended Billing's career.

"I'm thankful Phil is not seriously injured in that," said Parker.

"I thought the referee was superb in how quickly he defused the situation really in terms of he was right on the scene, showed the red card and just defused it a little bit because it was a terrible tackle… it could've been a real career-ender really."

Cardiff boss Morison was also critical of 20-year old substitute Isaak Davies, when asked by BBC Sport Wales why he had substituted the winger, who did not appear to be injured.

STEVE MORISON:

"He wasn't good enough. It's not sending a message, he just wasn't good enough," he said.

"If you come on, I bring you on to change a game, to help us and he was more a hindrance than he was a help.”

"So we made the change. It's not nice, it is not something I wanted to do, but I needed to try and do something to stem their flow.

"It's harsh, people will say I only did it because he's a young lad, but ultimately I did it because he wasn't good enough in that moment."

Morison offered no update on Wales striker Kieffer Moore, who limped off with a foot injury, but says he is recalling 22-year old striker Max Watters from a loan spell at MK Dons where he has scored seven goals in 14 games.

The Bluebirds boss added that he is "not yet able," to recall midfielder Ryan Wintle from a loan spell with Blackpool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: UPDATED: STREVE MORISON HAS AGO AT ISAAK DAVIES

Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:25 am

Not good man management from Morison there. Shows he is feeling the pressure. If anyone was to be publicly slated last night, it was bacuna. That's not going to do Davies any favours.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:15 am

Morrison inherited a difficult situation and so far he has done ok but not much better than that. It is becoming increasingly obvious that the manager we should have got was Wilder but it looks like he made the right decision choosing Middlesbrough over us.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:22 am

Crayfish wrote:Morrison inherited a difficult situation and so far he has done ok but not much better than that. It is becoming increasingly obvious that the manager we should have got was Wilder but it looks like he made the right decision choosing Middlesbrough over us.

Wilder was simply never coming here! :roll:

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:23 am

Sven wrote:

Was it Davies or Evans?

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:33 am

A problem with this accomplished messageboard is that there are so many threads on the same topic. This is the third topic that I’ve now posted my view on Morison’s ill judged and wrong public lambasting of a young player.
Quite what he thought he could do without the ball played to him is a mystery. Davies should be encouraged not humiliated.
My view on Morison has greatly slipped after his decisions to start Collins in the previous 3 games when it was the introduction ironically of Davies which turned the tide at Birmingham (with Harris) and the absurd decision to pick Bacuna last night.
Morison was bang out of order re Davies.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:09 pm

Sven wrote:

Got your players mixed up Chris! It was davies not Evans..
But i dont agree with you on this, to tell the boy he played poorly is one thing, but in the press? For me all ypur dirty washing shouldnt be aired in public, especially a young player, bacuna on the other hand!!!

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:18 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Got your players mixed up Chris! It was davies not Evans..
But i dont agree with you on this, to tell the boy he played poorly is one thing, but in the press? For me all ypur dirty washing shouldnt be aired in public, especially a young player, bacuna on the other hand!!!

Absolutely.

Surprised with you Sven and you think what Morison has done here is good. For me it shows his immaturity as a manager.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:43 pm

Poor management from Morison, he needs to take a look in the mirror before having a pop at young players publicly. It demonstrates a poor understanding of man management to do that to a young player and diminishes his standing. More experienced managers would keep it private which makes me think maybe this job is already proving a bit big for him.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:47 pm

Shocking treatment of a very young player .The poor lad must be in bits .It wont be long before he loses the dressing room treating kids like that .Shameful

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:35 pm

Might be his way of saying the squads not good enough.Its the right time to say it, after all it won't be long before all the unemployed managers on here turn on Morison. As I said before you can only polish a turd so much before people see that its only a turd after all.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:43 pm

The worry for me is the youngsters coming through may not be as good as they were talked up as being. It is a bit shocking that we didn’t start last nights game with even one of them.It’s not as if these are kids they are at ages when they should be coming through and playing at least some first team football. And they are not trying to get into a great team. For the most part half the team are under performing journeymen.

If our youngsters and at least a few of them aren’t good enough the future looks a bit bleak.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:55 pm

Sven wrote:

There's a big difference from slating someone who 1. Doesn't put the effort in and 2. Cost his team with an idiotic tackle and slating someone who just had a bad game, when in previous appearances has done well.
Keep it for the dressing room and not public unless they deserve it through lack of effort etc