Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are the vaccinated scared of the truth?

Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:51 pm

I won't diddle you with figures, facts or untruthes......but I will ask a simple question for all the lovely people who have felt downtrodden, excluded and alienated........just because they used their free will not to put a foreign substance in their perfect body.

Have you made the right decision?

The TRUTH is now emerging. We have NO vaccine, we have NO defense, we have a virus that we cannot control.

On the upside, even the worst variant only killed our older loved ones. 99% of the mass populous were always safe.

People need to wake up, it's a virus we will have to live with, we cannot control it, it will do what it wants.......we just need to get on with life. :bluebird:

Re: Are the vaccinated scared of the truth?

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:11 am

Just saw a news clip of the masses of unvaccinated storming a panto to tell children not to wear masks. Must have been at least 30 of them.
People take all sorts of medicines, some orally some through vaccinations and I would imagine that millions upon millions are better off from doing do. .
I’ve just had a lovely Xmas with my son and his wife (senior pharmacist / consultant paediatrician) and both have said that vaccinations are for now, the way forward. I’ll keep listening to advice from these types
Each to their own and you’ve made it quite clear of your thoughts.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:22 am

Both hospitalisations and deaths are proportionally higher with the unvaccinated.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:22 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Just saw a news clip of the masses of unvaccinated storming a panto to tell children not to wear masks. Must have been at least 30 of them.
People take all sorts of medicines, some orally some through vaccinations and I would imagine that millions upon millions are better off from doing do. .
I’ve just had a lovely Xmas with my son and his wife (senior pharmacist / consultant paediatrician) and both have said that vaccinations are for now, the way forward. I’ll keep listening to advice from these types

How do you know they were unvaccinated.? Children shouldnt be wearing masks under any circumstances even though I would never condone storming into any building. I would never have this vaccine in a million years, yet my wife has and I respect her choice . Since she had it though, the goal posts keep moving and she will never have a booster and feels she was forced into the decision. Many people are regretting it who I know, because the decision to get vaccinated has always been considered to be superior to the decision not to. Plus no offence a pharmacist is always going to push medicine as opposed to natural remedies as they would have no customers then.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:24 am

CF11 Rondo wrote:Both hospitalisations and deaths are proportionally higher with the unvaccinated.

Simply no evidence to back this up and this is exactly where we are going wrong. Misinformation on BOTH sides

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:33 am

englishbluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Just saw a news clip of the masses of unvaccinated storming a panto to tell children not to wear masks. Must have been at least 30 of them.

How do you know they were unvaccinated.? Children shouldnt be wearing masks under any circumstances even though I would never condone storming into any building. I would never have this vaccine in a million years, yet my wife has and I respect her choice . Since she had it though, the goal posts keep moving and she will never have a booster and feels she was forced into the decision. Many people are regretting it who I know, because the decision to get vaccinated has always been considered to be superior to the decision not to. Plus no offence a pharmacist is always going to push medicine as opposed to natural remedies as they would have no customers then.

The news clip had the title ‘anti Vacers storm panto’ so I’m assuming they were unvaccinated

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:34 am

englishbluebird wrote:

Do you think a pharmacist may have a bit of background knowledge on this type of thing though?

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:34 am

englishbluebird wrote:
CF11 Rondo wrote:Both hospitalisations and deaths are proportionally higher with the unvaccinated.

Simply no evidence to back this up and this is exactly where we are going wrong. Misinformation on BOTH sides

Cobblers!

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:36 am

englishbluebird wrote:

I think you’ll find there’s masses of evidence.
The trouble is, people only read / digest the info that backs up their original thoughts and ideas.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:45 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:

I think you’ll find there’s masses of evidence.
The trouble is, people only read / digest the info that backs up their original thoughts and ideas.

Exactly I agree. That is why there should be balanced debates . There is no evidence to suggest this . Send me a link and if it is credible I will apologise to you. Im not anti- vaxx . Far, far from it but going back to the original OP, many people that have been vaccinated , especially young people are regretting this and now believe they have been misled. One of these people is sitting next to me right now. She is a carer worked through the pandemic and is entitled to an opinion. I invite you all in good faith and with respect to visit my gym in Caerphilly and speak to the young people that got vaccinated to go on holiday , to the football etc and now feel like they have been lied to. Im more then willing to back up and stand by what I say

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:46 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:

Do you think a pharmacist may have a bit of background knowledge on this type of thing though?

Absolutely and I would listen to your relative with all due respect but still make an informed decision for myself

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:47 am

englishbluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:

Absolutely and I would listen to your relative with all due respect but still make an informed decision for myself

That’s fair enough mate. :thumbup:

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:52 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:

:thumbup: I respect your civility

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:59 am

englishbluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:

:thumbup: I respect your civility

Likewise mate.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:12 am

Shhhhh, whisper it quietly...

I've already alluded to my own experiences of Covid, Long Covid and the 'worth' of vaccinations and 'boosters'

Christmas was spoiled for me because my partner had the Omnicron strain having previously had (very mild) Covid-19 a year or so ago

It was alluded that I didn't get Omicron because I recently had the 'booster' (my partner had not) and it made sense given that we had been inseparable (bathroom facilities apart) on a holiday the two weeks previous

The evidence is there for me, so I'll be guided by the scientists and medics rather than the anti-vaxxers, most of whose evidence is largely anecdotal

I don't personally know anyone who has died directly from a vaccination but several who died from not having one :cry:

Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:30 am

Sven wrote:

I've already alluded to my own experiences of Covid, Long Covid and the 'worth' of vaccinations and 'boosters'

Christmas was spoiled for me because my partner had the Omnicron strain having previously had (very mild) Covid-19 a year or so ago

It was alluded that I didn't get Omicron because I recently had the 'booster' (my partner had not) and it made sense given that we had been inseparable (bathroom facilities apart) on a holiday the two weeks previous

The evidence is there for me, so I'll be guided by the scientists and medics rather than the anti-vaxxers, most of whose evidence is largely anecdotal

I don't personally know anyone who has died directly from a vaccination but several who died from not having one :cry:

Chris, I always respect your view, regardless whether I agree or not with it, You are balanced with your arguments (unless the Sloth reappears and we all lose it then! :D ).

I am not here to tell people what to do, it is an individual choice that must be made by each and every one of us.

What gets my goat is that obviously our OWN Government are trying to divide us, and fair do's they are making a good fist of it. That said, I will always respect the freedom of the individual. We don't have to agree on everything, but we do need to respect opinions that we do not hold ourselves.

For whatever reason I have not had this disease yet, but I know it's coming, it is inevitable, it is a virus, I will get it at some stage but I trust in my own immune system......and if it fails, hey ho and off I go. But I am 99% sure that when I get it I will defeat it. If I don't post again you know I was wrong! ;) :bluebird:

Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:32 am

englishbluebird wrote:

I rarely post on here but logged in just to respond to a segment of the above post. As a pharmacist I just wanted you to know that a large part of our role is actually deprescribing and constantly challenging and promoting doctors to remove medicines patients don't need or are no longer clinically appropriate. I like to think, although cant speak for all pharmacist that were don't just push medicines onto patients for the sake of it.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:50 am

tremolo182 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:

I rarely post on here but logged in just to respond to a segment of the above post. As a pharmacist I just wanted you to know that a large part of our role is actually deprescribing and constantly challenging and promoting doctors to remove medicines patients don't need or are no longer clinically appropriate. I like to think, although cant speak for all pharmacist that were don't just push medicines onto patients for the sake of it.

You should meet my son mate; he hates it when I say ‘I think I may need antibiotics’. :shock:

Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:42 am

TheHangedMan wrote:I won't diddle you with figures, facts or untruthes......but I will ask a simple question for all the lovely people who have felt downtrodden, excluded and alienated........just because they used their free will not to put a foreign substance in their perfect body.

The TRUTH is now emerging. We have NO vaccine, we have NO defense, we have a virus that we cannot control.

On the upside, even the worst variant only killed our older loved ones. 99% of the mass populous were always safe.

People need to wake up, it's a virus we will have to live with, we cannot control it, it will do what it wants.......we just need to get on with life. :bluebird:

had the two jabs wont be having the booster omnicron will get us herd immunity

Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:23 am

robjohn wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:I won't diddle you with figures, facts or untruthes......but I will ask a simple question for all the lovely people who have felt downtrodden, excluded and alienated........just because they used their free will not to put a foreign substance in their perfect body.

had the two jabs wont be having the booster omnicron will get us herd immunity

Totally agree, we need to understand that this Omnicrom is our saviour (strangely enough well known by virologists but not picked up by MSM......for some strange reason).

Let's just get back to some form of normality. :bluebird:

Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:29 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris, I always respect your view, regardless whether I agree or not with it, You are balanced with your arguments (unless the Sloth reappears and we all lose it then! :D ).

I am not here to tell people what to do, it is an individual choice that must be made by each and every one of us.

What gets my goat is that obviously our OWN Government are trying to divide us, and fair do's they are making a good fist of it. That said, I will always respect the freedom of the individual. We don't have to agree on everything, but we do need to respect opinions that we do not hold ourselves.

For whatever reason I have not had this disease yet, but I know it's coming, it is inevitable, it is a virus, I will get it at some stage but I trust in my own immune system......and if it fails, hey ho and off I go. But I am 99% sure that when I get it I will defeat it. If I don't post again you know I was wrong! ;) :bluebird:

Jim, respect as always and you're right about both the inevitability of the virus and the Sloth...! :laughing6:

The post wasn't specifically aimed at you; just that my personal experiences have shown the vaccines to have an effect, although the levels of said effect can be debated

Robjohn, for once, makes a potentually good comment where he suggests that for the (comparatively) low level Omicron at least, the development of 'herd immunity' might be a way forward

It hasn't gone unnoticed to me that South Africa are today saying that their rates of Omicron are falling rapidly in the last week

Stay safe and enjoy your New Year's Eve going into 2022 where I feel sure you will still be here to see the next...! :D :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:24 pm

Absolutely made the right decision. I would make it again and implore those around me to do the same. Not that any needed any persuading. As for evidence of its effect we just have to look at the outcomes across Europe in the last 4 months when vaccines would have really started to make an im[act.
Worst 10 Countries for vaccine implementation.
Country Vaccine rate doses per 100 Death rate per million since the 1st Sept
Bosnia 49 1098
Moldova 49 827
Bulgaria 51 1728
Ukraine 65 967
Romania 81 1268
Slovakia 93 736
Russia 94 854
Croatia 108 1014
Estonia 113 489
Poland 117 537

A few notable countries in the middle ground

Serbia 117 617
Czech Republic 135 517
Greece 152 688
Germany 161 228
France 168 136

The 10 countries who've administered the most

Austria 169 322
Italy 170 138
Belgium 172 238
Spain 174 167
Ireland 174 164
UK 179 227
Denmark 180 108
Portugal 182 115
Malta 183 80
Iceland 203 12

Sample size 700 million plus. I don't see how you can possibly come to the conclusion that the administering of vaccine is having not having a hugely significant effect on the number of deaths. In fact you could forward a quite reasonable conclude that around 2x the vaccine dose is saving around 6x the lives. So the 15k deaths ( UK ) we had in the period would have been massively higher without the vaccine.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:36 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

As long as it's not you eh? f*cking Shocking. Do me a favour, if your unfortunate enough to get it bad be man enough not to trouble our NHS just in case someone you do give it to needs urgent treatment.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:38 am

Untrue!! In fact for the WHILE uk( not just certain hospitals) 61% of ALL covid icu patients were indeed vaccinated, wheras only 34% were occupied by the unvaccinated! And furthermore 66% of ALL covid patient were taken to icu, for other illnesses, were routinely tested and found to be positive! These figures were from boxing day.
What you also miss out, is the average age of death is 83! And most with 1, 2, 3 comorbidities.
The figures in london are different, but not the uk in general.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:48 am

bluesince62 wrote:

Untrue!! In fact for the WHILE uk( not just certain hospitals) 61% of ALL covid icu patients were indeed vaccinated, wheras only 34% were occupied by the unvaccinated! And furthermore 66% of ALL covid patient were taken to icu, for other illnesses, were routinely tested and found to be positive! These figures were from boxing day.
What you also miss out, is the average age of death is 83! And most with 1, 2, 3 comorbidities.

You should really think about the facts you are trotting out.

What you have forgotten to point out is that only around 10% of the population are unvaccinated yet, even using your figures, a disproportionate amount of unvaccinated are in ICU !!

Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:47 am

epping blue wrote:Absolutely made the right decision. I would make it again and implore those around me to do the same. Not that any needed any persuading. As for evidence of its effect we just have to look at the outcomes across Europe in the last 4 months when vaccines would have really started to make an im[act.
Worst 10 Countries for vaccine implementation.
Country Vaccine rate doses per 100 Death rate per million since the 1st Sept
Bosnia 49 1098
Moldova 49 827
Bulgaria 51 1728
Ukraine 65 967
Romania 81 1268
Slovakia 93 736
Russia 94 854
Croatia 108 1014
Estonia 113 489
Poland 117 537

A few notable countries in the middle ground

Serbia 117 617
Czech Republic 135 517
Greece 152 688
Germany 161 228
France 168 136

The 10 countries who've administered the most

Austria 169 322
Italy 170 138
Belgium 172 238
Spain 174 167
Ireland 174 164
UK 179 227
Denmark 180 108
Portugal 182 115
Malta 183 80
Iceland 203 12

Sample size 700 million plus. I don't see how you can possibly come to the conclusion that the administering of vaccine is having not having a hugely significant effect on the number of deaths. In fact you could forward a quite reasonable conclude that around 2x the vaccine dose is saving around 6x the lives. So the 15k deaths ( UK ) we had in the period would have been massively higher without the vaccine.

I was delighted to read a very recent report from Israel, where they have concluded natural atibodies are ten times greater, than any from vaccinstions! Great news for myself,as I cannot have it! I was a little rough a couple of weeks back, runny nose, sneezing fatigue, so did pcr test, and due to my condition it was examined thoroughly, and I was informed ot was positive for omicron! But nearly a week later, when all but a headache, the symtoms had gone completely in 3/4days! My gp was quite please, stating my body will now produce antibodies sgainst it! I do take vitamin d3 complex with 15mg of zinc every year, during flu season, on advice thst ot will boost my immune system against flu & cold virus, and in countless years of doing so, i had man flu just once.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:12 am

piledriver64 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

You should really think about the facts you are trotting out.

What you have forgotten to point out is that only around 10% of the population are unvaccinated yet, even using your figures, a disproportionate amount of unvaccinated are in ICU !!

Im not the one TROTTING anything out, if i knew how to copy n paste? Id put them up here, these were the numbers on boxing day, I look at these things mainly for my own benefit, as I cannot be vaxxed, so I look for data that is interesting, as i have akso found a vaccine from cuba thst is done in thd traditional way, amd could POSSIBLY be safer for those who currently cannot be vaxxed safely! So I never made these figures up, just quoting what I had read,I didnt go any deeper as i have a life to lead, but the figures on msm do not paint the correct countrwide figures, but wete concentrated on hospitals in London, who had by far the highest numbers of omicron positive cases.
Anywah im not here to argue wiyh you, its new year's day! But the reading im currently doung on omicron paints a positive picture imho, in africa cases are dropping, deaths are few considerably lower than delta, hospitalizations are lowering etc, and those in hodpital ate mostly needing oxygen support not icu, and recovery is around 3/5 days! So for myself thid is good news, and perhaps the way put of this, becsuse according to figutes, we are ALL going to get it! Vaccinated or otherwise, this giving bodies a chance to build antibodies of our own, which ste far better at protecting us than a jab, a chance whilst its as weak as this in my eyes, could be a godsend.

Happy nee year to you & yours! May 2022 be a better year bith virus wise, and for our club.CCFC.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:18 am

bluesince62 wrote:

So 10% of the population are unvaccinated but 34% of ICU patients are unvaccinated?.... so unvaccinated people are proportionally higher in ICU than compared to the vaccinated/unvaccinated divide...

Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:53 am

I have no problem with people not having the vaccine that is their choice.

However, an unvaccinated person who gets covid and goes to hospital should be made to pay for their treatment and unless they are deemed medically excempt from having a vaccine.

If people who decide not to have the vaccine are clear in their thinking they should have no problem with this.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:01 am

Einstein wrote:I have no problem with people not having the vaccine that is their choice.

However, an unvaccinated person who gets covid and goes to hospital should be made to pay for their treatment and unless they are deemed medically excempt from having a vaccine.

If people who decide not to have the vaccine are clear in their thinking they should have no problem with this.

As someone who’s vaccinated, see what you’re saying but when I said the same to my son he said “What about people with lung cancer who’ve smoked?”