Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of West Bromwich Albion v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:24 am

West Bromwich Albion win (6/11)
61%
Cardiff City win (11/2)
24%
Draw (14/5)
15%

Total votes : 33

Re: TEAM NEWS " WEST BROM v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:30 pm

quite scrappy at the moment both sides

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:32 pm

The commentator says it's been a scrappy period and he's not wrong; but for me, the Bluebirds holding their own overall until McGuiness gives away a free kick just outside the 'D'

Thankfully, it comes to nothing after the ball hits the City wall and another Baggie takes an amusing air shot! :laughing6:

The staus quo remains

LATEST SCORE: WBA 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:32 pm

Let's face it we're shite. Little confidence in this team to either score goals or defend. Oh and we've got a shite midfield. Put that altogether = relegation. We desperately need players to stay fit/get fit and come back from loans. Otherwise we're relying on teams below us to be worse. Happy 2022 :laughing6:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:35 pm

YES!!

Rall just missed shot wide

stentona wrote:Let's face it we're shite. Little confidence in this team to either score goals or defend. Oh and we've got a shite midfield. Put that altogether = relegation. We desperately need players to stay fit/get fit and come back from loans. Otherwise we're relying on teams below us to be worse. Happy 2022 :laughing6:

That's a pretty negative view of a team doing their best and (just) bloody gone in front! :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

From a corner, Marlon Pack does well and James Collins breaks from his marker and scores a good headed goal for the Bluebirds :bluebird:

LATEST SCORE: WBA 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY
City Scorer: James Collins

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:36 pm

yessssss collins good goal headed

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:38 pm

A little bit against the run of play :laughing6:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:40 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:A little bit against the run of play :laughing6:

Really? :?

Either way, we'll take it, just as Bournemouth did; and at least our first goal was all our own making

Mark Harris just gone close again, too!

LATEST SCORE: WBA 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:40 pm

Sven wrote:
stentona wrote:Let's face it we're shite. Little confidence in this team to either score goals or defend. Oh and we've got a shite midfield. Put that altogether = relegation. We desperately need players to stay fit/get fit and come back from loans. Otherwise we're relying on teams below us to be worse. Happy 2022 :laughing6:

That's a pretty negative view of a team doing their best and (just) bloody gone in front! :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

I have a history of having a moan and city then scoring. Reverse psychology/'curse' of the commentator, etc! You should thank me :thumbright: I know they're doing their best (no thanks toTan/Board/McCarthy) and I'm desperate for us to stay up and start getting a decent footballing team together.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:41 pm

Can we make Long Throw an option in the man of the match poll.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:41 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:A little bit against the run of play :laughing6:

Never :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:43 pm

Cardiff players playing to their max :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:44 pm

Crayfish wrote:Can we make Long Throw an option in the man of the match poll.

:occasion5: :occasion5: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:44 pm

ThomasC wrote:Post icon:

keep it up nearly half time

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:45 pm

stentona wrote:
Sven wrote:

I have a history of having a moan and city then scoring. Reverse psychology/'curse' of the commentator, etc! You should thank me :thumbright: I know they're doing their best (no thanks toTan/Board/McCarthy) and I'm desperate for us to stay up and start getting a decent footballing team together.

You keep it up, then. Your timing was impeccable!! :thumbright: :lol:

I wasn't having a go; just feel City are doing a good job under the circumstances so far :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:48 pm

Half time

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:49 pm

Half-time and the Bluebirds have done a job on the Baggies so far... :clap: :ayatollah:

A well worked goal from James Collins after a great save from Alex Smithies shortly before, sends the Bluebirds in to the break in front

Still a long way to go; but who amongst us would not be 'happy' with that score right now?

My hope/expectation was a hard-fought goaless draw at best

HALF-TIME SCORE: WBA 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:53 pm

I fancy a two nil City win

:bluescarf: :bluebird: :D

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:54 pm

Sven wrote:
stentona wrote:
Sven wrote:

You keep it up, then. Your timing was impeccable!! :thumbright: :lol:

I wasn't having a go; just feel City are doing a good job under the circumstances so far :ayatollah:

Yeah it's not pretty but they've limited West Brom all game and managed to keep the game pretty even.

0-1 at HT. I'll take that!

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:57 pm

Decent first half performance defended quite well. Just hope we don’t go too defensive in the second half and invite a lot of pressure on. I believe Long Throw might have another goal in him.

Incidentally will this be the first season ever we will have scored more goals with headers than with feet.

Re: ATCH THREAD " WEST BROM v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:59 pm

Bit more of the same 2nd half,come on Blooooooooobirds.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:01 pm

:|
Crayfish wrote:Decent first half performance defended quite well. Just hope we don’t go too defensive in the second half and invite a lot of pressure on. I believe Long Throw might have another goal in him.

Incidentally will this be the first season ever we will have scored more goals with headers than with feet.

I know what you're getting at, the club clearly has to "improve the product' it sells.

Re: MATCH THREAD " WEST BROM v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:08 pm

offside

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:08 pm

I'd like to see that again, he looked offside

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:09 pm

He was a couple of yards offside, not even close.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:09 pm

1-1 :cry:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:10 pm

Goal: WBA :cry:

An absolute mile (or 2 yards plus) offside! :shock:

The linesman should lose sleep over that and he's given WBA impetus they are looking to take advantage of

Rotten luck but the Bluebirds are still in this!

C'mon, City...! :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

LATEST SCORE: WBA 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY

:oops: :oops: :shock: :oops: :oops: :shock: ROBBERY :shock: :oops: :oops:

what luck. Stupid linesman puts his flag up puts it down yards offside