Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ What could of been / if? “

Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:50 pm

That day I chatted to Tan for nearly 4 hrs and he really listened, well I thought he did , but certain people at our great club said ignore everything that I had said about turning red would divide our club beyond and many would Never forgive. :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:
Also he was told by others that he should go full steam ahead with the despicable red.

We laughed and joked and had some serious conversations, but those who other ideas Tan decided to listen to.
Since then a few of them are no longer with our club, thankfully, but a couple are and have made fortunes out of it all.

Tan had promised he would never change our badge and would think hard about keeping our Blue.

Well if only he had .

Tans money and Sam football knowledge and contacts, I believe we would now be sitting happily in The Premier League.

WELL HAPOY NEW YEAR FELLOW BLUEBIRDS / LETS HOPE THINGS DRASTICALLY CHANGE AT THE TOP IN 2022
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ What could of been / if? “

Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:53 pm

:bluescarf:

Tan laughed and joked with My two daughters and actually said he respected them both for being Blue no matter what :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

But a year later Tan was taking the piss out of those that stayed Blue and that hurt .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:01 pm

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:02 pm

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:03 pm

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:04 pm

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:05 pm

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:40 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:30 am

If, Annis, I can believe everything Tan did was on the advice of others, I would have some sympathy.

Some people say a dream team, and that could have been the case with Tan involved. Now there's a turn up for the books me saying that eh?

People saying 100% written in stone, rock solid Tan will never entertain an offer from Sam. Very very sad....

Tan has always wanted respect and admiration from the Cardiff faithful, and if he were to do this and grant Sam influential access to the club then this one act I believe would be the most humble and honourable thing he could do for this club.

His relationship with the fans, both those who have supported him and those who vilified him, would lift to that high for which he clamours after

Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:08 am

Barclay1 wrote:If, Annis, I can believe everything Tan did was on the advice of others, I would have some sympathy.

Some people say a dream team, and that could have been the case with Tan involved. Now there's a turn up for the books me saying that eh?

People saying 100% written in stone, rock solid Tan will never entertain an offer from Sam. Very very sad....

Tan has always wanted respect and admiration from the Cardiff faithful, and if he were to do this and grant Sam influential access to the club then this one act I believe would be the most humble and honourable thing he could do for this club.

His relationship with the fans, both those who have supported him and those who vilified him, would lift to that high for which he clamours after

I think you may over estimate how many of the Sam era fans still follow us or hold him in the same esteem as you and a few other on here do.

Why the hell any person would want to own a football club is beyond me.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:55 am

Barclay1 wrote:If, Annis, I can believe everything Tan did was on the advice of others, I would have some sympathy.

:thumbright:
Jonny , I am with you on this.

Yes their is a minority who dislike Sam, but only through bad media etc and many lies or were not supporting our club properly Pre- Sam days.

Remember crowds were 4,000 before Sam, League 4 etc.

Sam a couple of years ago walked with his daughter army over a mile to an away game and when he got in the ground. He said he could not believe how much the fans had stopped him and shook his hands and and asked for photos.

I remember League Cup Final, Sam came to our pub, we had 11 coaches their, some fans queed for over an hr to have photos with their kids with Sam.

Sang his name.

As they say it’s the minority who keep abusing Sam, but they actually don’t know the facts and these same ones love Tan, you could not make it up.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:07 am

Tans money and Sam football knowledge and contacts, I believe we would now be sitting happily in The Premier League.

This for me I believe we would had been an established premier league team - shame it never happened and it will always be the ‘what if’

Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:10 am

Dobbin wrote:Tans money and Sam football knowledge and contacts, I believe we would now be sitting happily in The Premier League.

This for me I believe we would had been an established premier league team - shame it never happened and it will always be the ‘what if’

Dobbins, Totally agree, a shame it never happened :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:19 pm

Reply FB:

Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dobbin wrote:Tans money and Sam football knowledge and contacts, I believe we would now be sitting happily in The Premier League.

Dobbins, Totally agree, a shame it never happened :bluescarf: :bluebird:

I agree; and no one can ever say you didn't try with the club's best interests at heart; unlike some (you allude to above) who had NOTHING but their own interests foremost in their minds

Some of those made profit and scarpered, some of them simply scarpered and abandoned the club they almost brought to civil war

A Sam/Tan or Tan/Sam (not to offend either) partnership would be a class act; and that is why I believe the constant vilification of Tan is counter productive, if a softening of hostilities were ever to occur

Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:04 pm

There it is then Sam / tan joint ownership .those with contacts to the hierarchy start lobbying.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:53 pm

Let's be honest here whilst I have respect for Sam after he got us out of the doldrums the last chairman that really had the club at heart was Bob grogan, 40 years ago!! As for hanging around with those in charge , I really wouldn't bother. Look at all the shysters we've had to deal with, risdale buy a season ticket and we'll settle the tax bill ! Wrong we'll pay a tax bill that we should have paid instead. We won't change to red , out of respect to the fans. Fortnight later, changed to red. The badge with the worm on, we defo won't change the badge. The Kumar s and the club shop t shirts the list is endless. We ingratiate them by spending 4 hours with them as you did Annis, a waste of time. We will be here when they are all long gone. They are just an unfortunate necessary evil to keep clubs going.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:19 am

Tan has come in and kept us afloat for now, yes we have massive debt but we are still functioning as a club for now.

As for Sam he has been and gone and that is the way it should stay for me, but we all have opinions so each to their own.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:54 am

nobby wrote:Tan has come in and kept us afloat for now, yes we have massive debt but we are still functioning as a club for now.

As for Sam he has been and gone and that is the way it should stay for me, but we all have opinions so each to their own.

The debt Tan has made and are we really still functioning????

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:
nobby wrote:Tan has come in and kept us afloat for now, yes we have massive debt but we are still functioning as a club for now.

Not as well as us fans would like no, but how many clubs are in this current climate.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:33 am

nobby wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Not as well as us fans would like no, but how many clubs are in this current climate.

12 years Tan has been here , this debt is not from the last 2yrs of Covid.

When Tan arrived debt was £54 mill , he took it to nearly £200mill through terrible running of our club.

Last few yrs we have survived on parachute payments.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:05 am

"Tans money and Sam football knowledge and contacts, I believe we would now be sitting happily in The Premier League".

Annis this has to be the most accurate statement of the year!

I think deep down Tan wants CCFC to succeed but he is more interested in making money. Sam, on the other hand, has always loved CCFC and to be honest he has other ways to make money. In fact it wouldnt surprise me if he was richer than Tan now! - the point is, to Sam, CCFC is a love not a financial avenue.

The two are a nice mix. Working together we could easily be Premiership

Annis do you speak to both of them still?

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:12 am

Tans biggest mistake was not listening and having people around him who know nothing about football i think if Sam did the deal with Tan and not Ridsdale it would have been better.

Ridsdale done the deal and again kicked Sam and told Tan not to trust Sam and then took people on who knew nothing about football and you can see the cost now and it keeps getting worse.

I liked Sam and I think he loved Cardiff City just at the end disliked the people who run cardiff city and Ridsdale who stabbed Sam and us in the back no doubt.

My son was a little kid supporting Cardiff he is the future too being 27 and many others now and he would be thrilled if Sam came back

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:14 am

Paul Keevil wrote:"Tans money and Sam football knowledge and contacts, I believe we would now be sitting happily in The Premier League".

Annis this has to be the most accurate statement of the year!

I think deep down Tan wants CCFC to succeed but he is more interested in making money. Sam, on the other hand, has always loved CCFC and to be honest he has other ways to make money. In fact it wouldnt surprise me if he was richer than Tan now! - :bluebird: the point is, to Sam, CCFC is a love not a financial avenue.

The two are a nice mix. Working together we could easily be Premiership

Annis do you speak to both of them still?

Paul,

You are so so spot on and yes Sam could now be able to do both :thumbright:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:19 am

valleyrambill wrote:Tans biggest mistake was not listening and having people around him who know nothing about football i think if Sam did the deal with Tan and not Ridsdale it would have been better.

Ridsdale done the deal and again kicked Sam and told Tan not to trust Sam and then took people on who knew nothing about football and you can see the cost now and it keeps getting worse.

I liked Sam and I think he loved Cardiff City just at the end disliked the people who run cardiff city and Ridsdale who stabbed Sam and us in the back no doubt.

My son was a little kid supporting Cardiff he is the future too being 27 and many others now and he would be thrilled if Sam came back

Bill,

I love hearing this about your Son and they are our future.
The kids today would absolutely love Sam and the passion, madness and atmosphere he brings as well as his wealth of football knowledge. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:26 am

I maybe wrong .but I'm sure sam wanted to change our badge to a st David's cross

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:27 am

skiprat wrote:There it is then Sam / tan joint ownership .those with contacts to the hierarchy start lobbying.

There is nothing wrong with buying a football club. The idea you would then want to work with the person you've bought from is ludicrous. If i buy your car, i'm not letting u take it for a jolly down to Torquay :oops:

Issue is he failed to connect to the fans like Sam did (and nobody can argue he didn't)

Might be a cultural thing, Sri Tan Vincent Tan very much beleives in heirachies and treated his purchase of the club like a new McDonalds franchise :oops:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:45 am

DEANO wrote:I maybe wrong .but I'm sure sam wanted to change our badge to a st David's cross

Deano, he did on the advice of the Valley Rams, he went to Porth and met up with about 6 of them and they even designed it for him, thought he was pleasing the majority.
I told him I would Never ever buy anything with that badge on.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:08 am

Fair play to you mate.sticking to your guns

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:22 am

DEANO wrote:Fair play to you mate.sticking to your guns

Cheers , it would not matter if it was Sam or whoever they don’t change our identity.

When Sam use to come to my house, he would look in my garage which was totally dedicated to Cardiff City and would say you still have never bought any new merchandise etc and I would tell him straight he was wrong to
Listen to the advice even though it was our fans they were only a small %.

Long story My Mother had died and I never saw Sam for while I was to broken to
Meet people .

Sam though did from then on meet a wider range of our fans and kept meeting a different section every week.