Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ What could of been / if? “

Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:48 pm

Annis, as usual I respect your opinion and it's a crying shame that Mr Tan and SH were both used as political pawns by others who only interest was pocketing money for themselves with no thought of our club.
Dahlman and Choo should be first for chopping block and a DoF installed asap.
But we must not brush over the facts that it was SH who nearly took us to the wall.
It was SH who wanted to change us to green and play in Ireland. You've already mentioned that stupid badge!!
He might be a very close family friend but you should give a balanced view in my opinion as your obvious hatred for Mr Tan seems to make you forgetful of SH's actions.
Did he put us on the map as some preach? No, we were already known nationwide ( for mostly the wrong reasons ) He ignited something that cannot be denied but the end for me was when he started playing groups of fans against eachother trying to keep everyone happy.

That's me done on this subject as a combination of SH/ Mr Tan is now a pipedream but one thing is for sure ( hopefully) I will still be here when they are both gone.

Happy new year.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:55 pm

Like many on here I have had conversations with Sam and yes people are right (a) Sam did mention Ireland and (b) Sam did talk about changing the badge just as (c) he wanted to move us from Ninian Park and put us in a new Stadium.

The Difference - and it is a BIG difference - Sam listens to his customers, his friends, the people that love CCFC as much as he does. And when he hears people saying negative things about his ideas then he is prepared to listen and bin that idea.

Tan on the other hand listens more to advisors than supporters. His culture is one of respect for elders and those above him. This is a problem because if he did listen to supporters for once, and if he did organise a mutually beneficial partnership with Sam, we would be in the Premier League and they would both be heroes.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:27 pm

Yes but the Saint Davids cross did appear on the badge with the bluebird on top of it .

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:01 pm

skiprat wrote:Yes but the Saint Davids cross did appear on the badge with the bluebird on top of it .

Very true, but I was still not happy with Sam for it.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:02 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Like many on here I have had conversations with Sam and yes people are right (a) Sam did mention Ireland and (b) Sam did talk about changing the badge just as (c) he wanted to move us from Ninian Park and put us in a new Stadium. :bluebird:

The Difference - and it is a BIG difference - Sam listens to his customers, his friends, the people that love CCFC as much as he does. And when he hears people saying negative things about his ideas then he is prepared to listen and bin that idea.

Tan on the other hand listens more to advisors than supporters. His culture is one of respect for elders and those above him. This is a problem because if he did listen to supporters for once, and if he did organise a mutually beneficial partnership with Sam, we would be in the Premier League and they would both be heroes.

Paul , 1,000% the difference, Sam met , listened to fans opinions and beliefs first about our club .

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:05 pm

Amazing story meeting the Rams in porth .fairplay

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:07 pm

JulesK wrote:Annis, as usual I respect your opinion and it's a crying shame that Mr Tan and SH were both used as political pawns by others who only interest was pocketing money for themselves with no thought of our club.
Dahlman and Choo should be first for chopping block and a DoF installed asap.
But we must not brush over the facts that it was SH who nearly took us to the wall.
It was SH who wanted to change us to green and play in Ireland. You've already mentioned that stupid badge!!
He might be a very close family friend but you should give a balanced view in my opinion as your obvious hatred for Mr Tan seems to make you forgetful of SH's actions.
Did he put us on the map as some preach? No, we were already known nationwide ( for mostly the wrong reasons ) He ignited something that cannot be denied but the end for me was when he started playing groups of fans against eachother trying to keep everyone happy.

That's me done on this subject as a combination of SH/ Mr Tan is now a pipedream but one thing is for sure ( hopefully) I will still be here when they are both gone.

Happy new year.

Happy New Year Jules.

Remember this a massive massive difference with Sam and Tan, Sam never did 90% of those things and listened to our fans, Sam talked about 100’s of ideas, but always asked our fans opinions first.

Sam also Never took us under and never would, you read to much media as Riddler, Temne, Hall and Guy Stabbed Sam in the back big time.