Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Relegated 3 Come The End Of The Season

Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:29 am

Just been looking at the form of all sides in our league over the last six games and there are a few surprises in there. On EFL on Quest they were discussing Wayne Rooney and his man management of the youth and how he has got his side performing.

Who do you think will finish in the bottom 3 come the end of the season. For me it will be

Barnsley
Peterborough
Cardiff or Hull

With the final space between us and Hull depending on if we do any business in the transfer window such as clearing out a couple of over paid players coming to the end of the contract in the summer and freshening it up with some quality loans plus the recall of our loan players.

Derby and Reading despite their points deductions will do enough to get out. The only other side I can see struggling is Bristol City but I think they have an experienced manager that should get them over the line.

It’s going to be a long second half of the season. We need to get behind the club, the manager and the players and get us over the line for a full reset in the summer. :ayatollah:

Re: Relegated 3 Come The End Of The Season

Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:15 am

Derby are still favourites to go down. They will be forced to sell some of their players this January and that will finish them off.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:53 pm

Dobbin wrote:Just been looking at the form of all sides in our league over the last six games and there are a few surprises in there. On EFL on Quest they were discussing Wayne Rooney and his man management of the youth and how he has got his side performing.

Who do you think will finish in the bottom 3 come the end of the season. For me it will be

Barnsley
Peterborough
Cardiff or Hull

With the final space between us and Hull depending on if we do any business in the transfer window such as clearing out a couple of over paid players coming to the end of the contract in the summer and freshening it up with some quality loans plus the recall of our loan players.

Derby and Reading despite their points deductions will do enough to get out. The only other side I can see struggling is Bristol City but I think they have an experienced manager that should get them over the line.

It’s going to be a long second half of the season. We need to get behind the club, the manager and the players and get us over the line for a full reset in the summer. :ayatollah:

Got to agree... Derby playing well and getting good results.I hope we can muster enough points to stay up but I think it will go to the wire .... especially with our home record so shoddy....

Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:29 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Derby are still favourites to go down. They will be forced to sell some of their players this January and that will finish them off.

That's a valid point, Ian; I had Deby in my 'comeback king' list until you wrote that! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

I still can't see us going down. We seem to be looking to positively addressing our short-comings, as early whispers are suggesting some incoming transfer movement, as well as recalling a couple of half-decent players

Ever the optimist, me...! ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:15 am

Cardiff could get relegated but not saying will. Criteria is met. Rookie manager, clueless ownership, cost-cutting measures, inexperienced squad, no quality bar 3-5 championship standard players which is nowhere near enough in the league. Kieffer Moore might be PL standard at the lower end.