Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SO AM I STILL CLASSED AS A FAN?

Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:30 am

Having supported this club since 1989, and been a season ticket holder for 24 years I no longer attend games.

So does that not make me a fan???

The reason I no longer attend is because I lost my best mate tragically who introduced me to the club.

After that I split with my long term partner of 26 years.

Then I lost my well paid job so could no longer afford the luxury of home and away games I had.

So am I no longer a FAN because of this, after reading many comments on this board it certainly seems that way.

Re: SO AM I STILL CLASSED AS A FAN?

Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:27 am

nobby, that is one subjective question; but for me, having known and conversed with you on here for some time, it is clear you come under the 'loyal City supporter' category. Your sad circumstances are 'real world' and understandable

Happy New Year to you and yours... :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:05 am

Nobby , I missed 20 years of watching City live , because of various things mostly money and a young family .
Always been a fan , always will.
Just because you don't attend games , makes no difference in my eyes .
Sorry to hear of all the bad news you have been through . But I know you will be back , one day ;)

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:14 am

I read the headline,i clicked with excitement hoping to give u the wave off.

Read what u said, things will get better mate! New job, new beginnings. Exercise and don't blame yourself :thumbup:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:44 am

Just ignore them. Some ignorant people out there.

I know hundreds of fans who have Blue running through their veins but can't makes games for genuine reasons.

However I do know one or two who use pathetic reasons to blame others for not attending but now are not attending themselves for the same reasons. The sure sign of a pure hypocrite.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Just ignore them. Some ignorant people out there.

I know hundreds of fans who have Blue running through their veins but can't makes games for genuine reasons.

However I do know one or two who use pathetic reasons to blame others for not attending but now are not attending themselves for the same reasons. The sure sign of a pure hypocrite.

Spot on, Ian... :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:22 pm

Don't take no notice mate, I don't go now due to poor health and distance but that doesn't stop me being a fan :ayatollah:
Always say that the nonsense you see on here sometimes especially when some clown throws the * PLASTIC * in is just bollocks as some have still got a long way to even catch up with games lots have already been to.
Best of luck and I know it's easy to say " keep your chin up " but hopefully things will sort themselves out for you.
Keep the Faith :bluebird:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:11 pm

Always a fan, not necessarily a supporter which involves IMO involves investing time / money into the Club by ticket sales.
I know more fans than supporters, whatever the reason it’s a personal choice and who can judge?

Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:18 pm

I’m sort of the same. Aged 61 now my first season ticket was in 1976 when I started work at 16 until 3yrs ago when my wife retired and I was on reduced hours so basically I can’t afford it but I still consider myself a fan.