Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Valerien Ismael / Steve Morison ‘

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:48 am

West Brom boss Valerien Ismael: "You need to show the winning mentality. Last week at Barnsley, it was missed chances - tonight, again, we missed the chance again to jump to where we want to be. We deserve to be where we are at the minute.

"We want to change this, but players have to take responsibility for their own performance. It’s not enough - as simple as that. We have many chances to score.

"I have to tell the truth, we can’t say the same melody every week - yes, we played well, yes we created chances, but at some point, we have to find the killer mentality, the lion mentality, to win games."

Cardiff City boss Steve Morison:

“The boys on the pitch at the end put their bodies on the line, and left everything out there. I think that’s why all of our supporters stayed there watching us. They’d travelled all that way, and sung and clapped us off the pitch at the end.

"It’s a sign of positivity, and we’ve got to keep moving with that in mind.”

“Experience will also get us through this and we need every man available and giving their all as they have been doing.”

Re: ‘ Valerien Ismael / Steve Morison ‘

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:29 am

WBA are a side that could click any minute. At the moment they do not have that consistency and it reminds me of the time DJ was with us. Unfortunately we are a club they need to play to work out how to click. Let's hope they don't find it and if so we might, just might get a result there today.

Re: ‘ Valerien Ismael / Steve Morison ‘

Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:07 pm

Steve Morison spot on with his comments above and with the imprived attitude and commitment since his appointment, we can expect our team to be competitive even against a team (WBA) expected to be in the promotion mix

There is pressure on WBA for that reason, whilst any reasonabke Bluebird supporter will see simple Championship survival as the goal this season

Misding Keiffer Moore is an obvious blow; but he's not been as prolific this season and it's for others to step up to the mark and show their worth

Personally, I'm not sure Bacuna being unavailable is particularly a good thing but it may provide some clarity on his worth to the team

As ever, I am hopeful before the game :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: