Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RYAN GILES GONE BACKWARDS?

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:55 am

Giles has been playing this wingback roll but he has gone off the boil when i watched him play his first game up at blackpool away i thought he was a tremendous breathe of fresh air and a proper winger and he seemed to love it from the off coming over to us at blackpool at getting the fans going but has since gone backwards imo
"to far in fact"
playing the deeper role has made him less effective and how many goals has moore scored with his head this season through lsck of crosses etc
Last season with harry wilson and ojo and murphy we had crosses into the box and moore banged in 20 plus i wish we could change it up and play giles in a more advanced role.

Re: GILES

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:51 pm

Unfortunately being recalled by Wolves. Played his last game for us today.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:55 pm

If he were our player i'd stop him being a wing back and play him further up feild, but he is wolves player.

This may get us to stop the 3 centre half now

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:13 pm

jeffTheRef

Where did you read that?
That he' s played his last game for cardiff.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:27 pm

montyblue wrote:jeffTheRef

Where did you read that?
That he' s played his last game for cardiff.

I'm calling bullshit.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:08 pm

JIMMY RAT

Agree like mark drakeford produce the evidence if you make a statment such at
Last game etc.

Re: RYAN GILES GONE BACKWARDS?

Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:43 pm

As with all clubs, Wolves are 'considering' taking Ryan Giles back but it is thought 'unlikely' as he is a regular at Cardiff City and would be down the pecking order back ay Molyneux with several similar players nearing fitness

Played his last game? :?

That's a bit presumptious and close to invention :roll:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:11 pm

SVEN

Is this a 1st your agreeing with me
In that case
Happy new year to you.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:44 pm

Sven wrote:As with all clubs, Wolves are 'considering' taking Ryan Giles back but it is thought 'unlikely' as he is a regular at Cardiff City and would be down the pecking order back ay Molyneux with several similar players nearing fitness

I guess he was right! :lol:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:56 pm

I don't understand the logic by Wolves on this. 1st teamer here, but there?!?

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:58 pm

JeffTheRef wrote:Unfortunately being recalled by Wolves. Played his last game for us today.

Thanks for your info, you've of course been proven correct. :thumbright:

Unfortunately, you have suffered from yet another example of people trying to appear clever on this forum, shooting you down and then looking like mugs when you have been proven correct all along.

Certain people wonder why I rarely post on here anymore. Well this thread is one of several examples why unfortunately. :roll:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:00 pm

He' s gone even further back than i though
all the way to "Wolverhampton"

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:27 pm

ThomasC wrote:I don't understand the logic by Wolves on this. 1st teamer here, but there?!?

A transfer offer that meets their valuation would be my guess

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:27 pm

ThomasC wrote:I don't understand the logic by Wolves on this. 1st teamer here, but there?!?

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:34 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:

It has to be explained somehow we shall see, surely not good enough for Wolves?! I'd be amazed to see him play this sesson in Wolves colours

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:38 pm

Mike Strinati wrote:
Sven wrote:As with all clubs, Wolves are 'considering' taking Ryan Giles back but it is thought 'unlikely' as he is a regular at Cardiff City and would be down the pecking order back ay Molyneux with several similar players nearing fitness

He was; and I apologise for my comment. I really didn't think it woukd happen :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:42 pm

Sven wrote:
Mike Strinati wrote:

He was; and I apologise for my comment. I really didn't think it woukd happen :thumbup: :ayatollah:

I want the Clubs both Cardiff and Wolves explain what the f is going on!! :banghead: I don't get it.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:51 pm

montyblue wrote:JIMMY RAT

Agree like mark drakeford produce the evidence if you make a statment such at
Last game etc.

Fair play to him Monty. He got that one right.

Now if he has a crystal ball... who are we getting in? F all says mine!

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:12 pm

JIMMY RAT

I would say he must have been p.ssed off anyway he was an out and out winger but ending up playing more in defence each week its a hard slog to get to the touchline as a wing back.
Yes we need someone more than whyte and murphy thats why we let them go in the first place and holliet has just scorced for reading like i have said in other post tan has to do somethung or we are down and don' t wait till the last day of jan
Looking in the bottom of the barrel is a bad habbit of ours.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:14 pm

JIMMY RAT
Holliet scores 2.