No Kieffer Moore then. " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:03 pm

No Kieffer Moore then. Straight swap of Collins in for him and Pack in for the suspended Bacuna. Thought Colwill would have been given a chance.

STARTING 11

Alex Smithies
Perry Ng
Mark McGuinness
Aden Flint
Curtis Nelson
Ryan Giles
Will Vaulks
Joe Ralls
Marlon Pack
Mark Harris
James Collins

SUBSTITUTES

Dillon Phillips
Sean Morrison
Ciaron Brown
Joel Bagan
Keenan Patten
Rubin Colwill
Isaak Davies
Attachments
75870422-D30C-4E4B-91FB-279B9F52EC5F.jpeg
75870422-D30C-4E4B-91FB-279B9F52EC5F.jpeg (551.92 KiB) Viewed 3157 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:04 pm

We’re stuck with Harris for now but not good enough imo.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:18 pm

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
jimmy_rat

Postby Danny Says » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:19 pm

Wasn’t Morrison banned for 3 games; straight red?
Danny Says

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:23 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:We’re stuck with Harris for now but not good enough imo.

Would have liked to have seen Colwill start, as Harris better off the bench

Good to see Isaak Davies named in the match day thread and he hasn't melted like some snowflakes who think you can't rollock someone publicly to make them understand

If we can avoid the (now traditional) daft early goal, we can get something today and I live in hope :ayatollah: :bluebird:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby danielrees17 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:24 pm

The unfortunate reality is even with a couple of changes our best side is not that much different to the one that is put out, the league table doesn't lie we are a very small and poor squad, still I'm going for 1-0 us :laughing6: cmon City!!!!!
danielrees17

Postby Whistler » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:25 pm

Danny Says wrote:Wasn’t Morrison banned for 3 games; straight red?

He was also on the bench on Thursday, I can only assume that the games called off for covid, were counted as games served
Whistler

Postby ThomasC » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:27 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

Having a shite team doesn't help either :lol: I haven't criticised this team all season, feel guilty saying that. problems much deeper
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:30 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:STARTING 11

Alex Smithies
Perry Ng
Mark McGuinness
Aden Flint
Curtis Nelson
Ryan Giles
Will Vaulks
Joe Ralls
Marlon Pack
Mark Harris
James Collins

SUBSTITUTES

Dillon Phillips
Sean Morrison
Ciaron Brown
Joel Bagan
Keenan Patten
Rubin Colwill
Isaak Davies

I'm sorry but this is beyond Steve Morrison he can't be held accountable for results. Just look at that team he's forced into playing without Kieffer in it :shock:
ThomasC

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:32 pm

ThomasC wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

Having a shite team doesn't help either :lol: I haven't criticised this team all season, feel guilty saying that. problems much deeper

Same. Feel guilty. But they're not helping themselves.

This back 5 hasn't kept a clean sheet all season. I don't expect one today.

Then with the 8 defence minded players, not including GK, I can't see us scoring either. We desperately need more up the pitch. Out wide.

Giles should be LW not LWB. Alongside a CF and a RW. Just 4 at the back and 2 holders. We've played our best football in that shape. I can't understand why he always start with the 5 and then reverts to the latter when we're already behind!! Start on the front foot!
jimmy_rat

Postby Danny Says » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:33 pm

ThomasC wrote:

Alex Smithies
Perry Ng
Mark McGuinness
Aden Flint
Curtis Nelson
Ryan Giles
Will Vaulks
Joe Ralls
Marlon Pack
Mark Harris
James Collins

SUBSTITUTES

Dillon Phillips
Sean Morrison
Ciaron Brown
Joel Bagan
Keenan Patten
Rubin Colwill
Isaak Davies

I'm sorry but this is beyond Steve Morrison he can't be held accountable for results. Just look at that team he's forced into playing without Kieffer in it :shock:

Ive posted on the other thread that this appears to be one of the weakest looking City teams in recent years. Sadly.
Danny Says

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:33 pm

Whistler wrote:

He was also on the bench on Thursday, I can only assume that the games called off for covid, were counted as games served

Odd, as the rules state 'the next three games' regardless of which competition (domestic league or cup) and shouldn't include postponed games in that number; yet he's named again today?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: No Kieffer Moore then. " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:40 pm

No Kieffer Moore then. Straight swap of Collins in for him and Pack in for the suspended Bacuna. Thought Colwill would have been given a chance.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby ThomasC » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:41 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Same. Feel guilty. But they're not helping themselves.

This back 5 hasn't kept a clean sheet all season. I don't expect one today.

Then with the 8 defence minded players, not including GK, I can't see us scoring either. We desperately need more up the pitch. Out wide.

Giles should be LW not LWB. Alongside a CF and a RW. Just 4 at the back and 2 holders. We've played our best football in that shape. I can't understand why he always start with the 5 and then reverts to the latter when we're already behind!! Start on the front foot!

When a game starts, more bravery to get the first goal. I agree with your assessment there, the balance isn't right in that respect. As you quoted, the team can't keep a clean sheet so it's only right to at least try to worry the opps back-line :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:44 pm

Danny Says wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Alex Smithies
Perry Ng
Mark McGuinness
Aden Flint
Curtis Nelson
Ryan Giles
Will Vaulks
Joe Ralls
Marlon Pack
Mark Harris
James Collins

SUBSTITUTES

Dillon Phillips
Sean Morrison
Ciaron Brown
Joel Bagan
Keenan Patten
Rubin Colwill
Isaak Davies

Ive posted on the other thread that this appears to be one of the weakest looking City teams in recent years. Sadly.

Has to be, i'm an optimist i think by nature, this team un-nerved me more than any other team sheet i can remember. Hope the lads shut my big stupid mouth up in 15 mins :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby Crayfish » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:47 pm

Agreed he seems to be retreating into a safety first experienced players shell and back to five at the back. Not worked so far not expecting much today.
Crayfish

Postby CantonStandBob » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:49 pm

Whistler wrote:

I may be wrong but I think the 3 game bans for a red are only for violent conduct now. His was more of a "professional" foul to prevent them scoring so was a red but only a 1 match suspension as opposed to the 3 matches that Bacuna will be suspended for.
CantonStandBob

Postby Danny Says » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:52 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:
Whistler wrote:

I may be wrong but I think the 3 game bans for a red are only for violent conduct now. His was more of a "professional" foul to prevent them scoring so was a red but only a 1 match suspension as opposed to the 3 matches that Bacuna will be suspended for.

That makes sense.
Danny Says

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:52 pm

Sven wrote:
Whistler wrote:

Odd, as the rules state 'the next three games' regardless of which competition (domestic league or cup) and shouldn't include postponed games in that number; yet he's named again today?

Just found this on the PFSA web site...

"For a sending off, after a second yellow in one game, the suspension period is one match.
For a so-called professional foul, a player will also receive a one-match ban.
If the foul in question is dissent, it will normally be a two-match ban.
If we are talking about violent conduct, the punishment is normally a three-match ban
."

Going on that...

Sean Morrison (professional foul) = 1 match suspension

Leandro Bacuna San (kamikaze assault) = 3 match suspension

Sean Morrison would have served his suspension v Birmingham City so available for last two games (yet not started)
Sven

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:55 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:We’re stuck with Harris for now but not good enough imo.

Would have liked to have seen Colwill start, as Harris better off the bench

Good to see Isaak Davies named in the match day thread and he hasn't melted like some snowflakes who think you can't rollock someone publicly to make them understand

If we can avoid the (now traditional) daft early goal, we can get something today and I live in hope :ayatollah: :bluebird:

I agree. Colwill to start imo
bluebirdoct1962

Re: No Kieffer Moore then. " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby New Day Rising » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:48 pm

Rather Collins , compared to Moore this season , sell Moore he's not that committed.
New Day Rising

Return to General Chat