Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: RED CARD / BUT THIS TIME ITS ALBION & CARDIFF

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:56 pm

MY VIEW:

But Red card was for Albion and Cardiff’s Flint after the whistle went.

Albion were already down by a man after having another player sent off earlier in the game.

JAMES COLLINS SCORES HIS 2ND GOAL IN 24 APPEARANCES TO EARN CARDIFF A GOOD AWAY POINT AT WBA :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

After a midweek defeat at Bournemouth, Steve Morison’s Trojans battled at high flying Albion to earn a valuable away point.

City played a lot better today and can be happy with this :bluebird: :bluebird:

Yes Albion we’re the better team, by Cardiff held on to a draw.

Once again Morison played mainly experienced players and was with out Kieffer Moore.

Happy with an away draw , now need to win home games.

Cardiff need to strengthen this January and the City board need to back Morison

WBA 1 CARDIFF CITY 1 :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

H-T 0-1

1,855Cardiff fans applauded their Bluebirds at the end

Crowd: 22,925 Away Support 1,855
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: RED CARD / BUT THIS TIME ITS ALBION AS CARDIFF

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:57 pm

Much improved. Unlucky with the goal conceded. Passed it nicely although still a bit light up top and therefore a lack of real chances created. But I'd have taken 1-1 before so pretty happy. Small steps and all that.

Only criticism really is I wouldve liked to see us go for it a bit more when they went down to 10. Surely no need for the 3cbs then. Nelson off and attacker on?

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:00 pm

Flint red card after game ends foul laungage just trying out a bit of welsh but got a red

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:05 pm

montyblue wrote:Flint red card after game ends foul laungage just trying out a bit of welsh but got a red

He'll only miss the cup game. It all kicked off. Watched it back Pack did get hold of him, silly thing to do.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:08 pm

I think most people would have taken a point before kickoff today. Didnt manage to watch the game but its dissapointing to hear their goal was offside.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:09 pm

STICKYWICKET
Not so bad then
give morrison a run out in the cup thought we deserved that draw.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:11 pm

stickywicket wrote:
montyblue wrote:Flint red card after game ends foul laungage just trying out a bit of welsh but got a red

He'll only miss the cup game. It all kicked off. Watched it back Pack did get hold of him, silly thing to do.

I thought if you get banned in the league you miss a league game?

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:15 pm

NUBBSY

Unsure on that refer to manual.?

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:17 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Much improved. Unlucky with the goal conceded. Passed it nicely although still a bit light up top and therefore a lack of real chances created. But I'd have taken 1-1 before so pretty happy. Small steps and all that.

Only criticism really is I wouldve liked to see us go for it a bit more when they went down to 10. Surely no need for the 3cbs then. Nelson off and attacker on?

Absolutely right. Poor management. Leaving 3 defenders on made no difference to WBA.
Better teams would have taken advantage. It seems City are clueless when down to 10 men or against 10 men.
Why Vaulks continues to get picked is a mystery - “he’s more a hindrance than a help“

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:22 pm

We need to get a win but under the circumstance we should all be happy with that point.

WBA are struggling in the final 3rd of the field and we look comfortable for the win until they got their luck with an offside goal. However, after that i did not feel they had it in themselves to get a winner and the sending off perhaps put an end to it. It was us who should have got the winner and if they had been awarded that penalty decision that would have been very harsh on us.

Both clubs are under a lot of pressure for different reasons and that is why tensions blew up at FT. We could have done without that sending off which spoilt a good point.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:28 pm

As weak and gutless as he is Murphy is leagues above any of our forwards (excluding Kieffer)

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:49 pm

Good point and crowd were superb :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:52 pm

Much better performance. Front 2 and Giles were very good. McGuiness very good at the back.

Shocking decision for their goal but they should've had a pen at the end God knows what Pack was thinking. He spends all game barking orders at everyone else he needs to have a word with himself.

Last thing I thought Davies was awful when he came on his attitude stank of a sulking little kid. He lacked energy and stupidly ran offside when we had numbers bearing down on their goal.

Maybe Morison's comments have had an effect on him but he didn't do anything to prove Morison wrong with that showing.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:55 pm

theclaw wrote:Good point and crowd were superb :bluescarf:

I saw them but couldn’t hear them as no sound on the red button :roll:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:56 pm

Enjoyed the game, but a bit squeaky bum in the second half after a more dominant first. Thought NG was getting torn up a bit on the right early doors. Collins was making himself a nightmare for the Baggies in the first though which was nice to see. A goal without Moore lends hope to the rest of the squad.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:03 pm

Updated:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:55 pm

First 20 mins both teams were fire....couldn’t pass water but both improved.
Their goal shouldn’t have stood but happy to get a point at start .
Collins best game by a.mile

Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:40 pm

We wasn't brilliant but definitely a lot harder to beat now. Some players more comfortable with the style we're trying to adapt than others so it's definitely a work in progress but a step in the right direction hopefully. Pleased with the result

Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:13 pm

Hilarious that Ismael storms on to the pitch furiously bemoaning that West Brom didn't get a penalty in stoppage time when his side's only goal was two yards offside. Wasn't complaining much then.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:37 pm

City slicker27 wrote:I think most people would have taken a point before kickoff today. Didnt manage to watch the game but its dissapointing to hear their goal was offside.

The goal was well off side but them not getting a penalty even it up for us delighted with the point

Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:40 pm

Crowd: 22,925 Away Support 1,855

Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:15 pm

llan bluebird wrote:As weak and gutless as he is Murphy is leagues above any of our forwards (excluding Kieffer)

Not exactly tearing it up at Preston even before his injury !!

Murphy is Probably the last player we need in a relegation battle !!

Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:25 am

piledriver64 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:As weak and gutless as he is Murphy is leagues above any of our forwards (excluding Kieffer)

Not exactly tearing it up at Preston even before his injury !!

Murphy is Probably the last player we need in a relegation battle !!

Agree :thumbup:

Re: MY VIEW: RED CARD / BUT THIS TIME ITS ALBION & CARDIFF

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:04 am

ISMAËL'S TAKE ON CARDIFF CITY DRAW:

“We scored early in the second half and we were on top which gave the guys the confidence to come back into the game.

“We were on top and then we had the red card which again made it difficult.

“But, down to ten men, we did our job and we created chances. The last pass was too sloppy. We tried to force a winner, but unfortunately we just couldn’t get it.

“Right at the end, it’s a clear penalty.

“It’s not enough. We want three points, not just one.

“It’s not the first time this season we have shown a good mentality when behind, but we need that confidence to go and score goals.

“We need someone to show up and score the goals. This is what we are missing at the minute.

“This is why we signed Daryl Dike, to give us a better opportunity to score goals and win games.

“We need to build him up. He’s been in the off-season with Orlando so has been on holiday for four weeks.

“Now we need to make a small pre-season with him to make sure he is prepared. We have two weeks until the next Championship game and it’s our job to make sure he’s ready for QPR.”