Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KICKING OFF AFTER FINAL WHISTLE

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:03 pm

Baggies manager Ismael storms on to the pitch at tge finak whistle after his team are denied a penalty that was a blatant attempt to cheat

In the melee that ensued Baggies keeper Sam Johnstone wascred carded and (with some confusion) it appears Bluebird Aiden Flint was shown similar for something he said

I don't think it was 'sheep shagging b@$tards' though ;) :lol:

With frustrated Baggies support causing problems behind the City dug out, it has been an interesting day

FINAL SCORE: WBA 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY
City Scorer: James Collins

Re: KICKING OFF AFTER FINAL WHISTLE

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:06 pm

Flint sent off for foul laungage was trying out a bit of his welsh but got it all wrong.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:07 pm

Sven wrote:Baggies manager Ismael storms on to the pitch at tge finak whistle after his team are denied a penalty that was a blatant attempt to cheat

In the melee that ensued Baggies keeper Sam Johnstone wascred carded and (with some confusion) it appears Bluebird Aiden Flint was shown similar for something he said

With frustrated Baggies support causing problems behind the City dug out, it has been an interesting day

I’m sorry mate that was a clear penalty if ever I’ve seen one (admittedly at the ground opposite end). Ref making up for the disaster that was not giving their goal offside.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:07 pm

Very heated between both sets of players and coaches.

Definitely an FA charge incoming.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:15 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
Sven wrote:Baggies manager Ismael storms on to the pitch at tge finak whistle after his team are denied a penalty that was a blatant attempt to cheat

I’m sorry mate that was a clear penalty if ever I’ve seen one (admittedly at the ground opposite end). Ref making up for the disaster that was not giving their goal offside.

I'll look again but didn't look one to me :thumbup:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:25 pm

Sven wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:

I'm with you Chris their player was looking for it and went down faster than a 5 bob hooker. Why he didn't get booked is beyond me.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:28 pm

M4 Exile wrote:

Are you saying you were at the other end of the ground and could see from there that it was a clear penalty?

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:31 pm

Definitely a very theatrical reaction to minimal contact but what was Pack thinking even touching him??

9/10 refs would have fallen for that!!

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:32 pm

Just seen a replay. He was looking for it. Already on his way down as Pack grabs him. However, seen them given. 50/50 for me. Refs clear error for their goal probably swayed it for us.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:34 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:

Are you saying you were at the other end of the ground and could see from there that it was a clear penalty?

In what world is this not a penalty?

https://twitter.com/wba_es/status/14776 ... 22626?s=21

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:40 pm

Was in the Baggies home end, along the sidelines, with a mate today. Think we were pretty lucky not to have either penalty given, but that's how it goes I guess. Shame to lose Flint for 3 games for something so daft though.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:40 pm

Definate penalty for me but there you go sometimes you get them sometimes you dont. No one was given a red card for the penalty incident.

What I am interested in is what Flint did/said, and to who, to accrue a red card - And Johnstone too!

And more to the point why didnt their manager get a red!

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:45 pm

Liles93 wrote:Was in the Baggies home end, along the sidelines, with a mate today. Think we were pretty lucky not to have either penalty given, but that's how it goes I guess. Shame to lose Flint for 3 games for something so daft though.

Won’t it just be the one?

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:45 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Definate penalty for me but there you go sometimes you get them sometimes you dont. No one was given a red card for the penalty incident.

What I am interested in is what Flint did/said, and to who, to accrue a red card - And Johnstone too!

From my angle I think Johnstone swung at someone but I'm not sure who!

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:46 pm

Sven wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:

I'll look again but didn't look one to me :thumbup:[/quote

Chris he made it look like a pen doing a swan duve the ref saw thar an thought he was trying to cheat a pen. Righr desicion for me

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:46 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Liles93 wrote:Was in the Baggies home end, along the sidelines, with a mate today. Think we were pretty lucky not to have either penalty given, but that's how it goes I guess. Shame to lose Flint for 3 games for something so daft though.

Ah was it just a second yellow? I didn't actually catch much as it was a bit of a melee haha

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:49 pm

Soft pen for me, yes he gripped his shoulders but went down like Tom Daley. The reaction by the West Brom manager and players was absolutely embarrassing, they should be ashamed with themselves, especially after the metre offside goal.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:50 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Definate penalty for me but there you go sometimes you get them sometimes you dont. No one was given a red card for the penalty incident.

Johnstone threw an elbow into flints face, threw the toys right out.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:53 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:

Where did I say it wasn't a penalty? I asked you a question for clarity. Now I'm saying it wasn't a penalty, happy.
Last edited by Welshman in CA on Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:54 pm

castleblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:

I'm with you Chris their player was looking for it and went down faster than a 5 bob hooker. Why he didn't get booked is beyond me.

I agree, I hate soft penalties but we’ve seen them given. Its either a penalty or a card for diving.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:56 pm

I know he dived and perhaps that saved us. But at that time of the game, WHEN WE HAVE WORKED HARD FOR A POINT, and the ball going towards the corner flag - "we need to keep our hands off their shoulders". Sometimes we make it easy for referees.

I know there are many who would have been pissed off travelling to see us lose 2-1 against 10 men due to a silly penalty.

We got lucky today. Other days we wont be. Our hands simply shouldnt have been on their player!

If Sam Johnstone threw a punch at Aden - bit silly isnt he? I mean Flint would have flattened him and earned the red card!

Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:00 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

If Flint got the red card for foul language I think that is considered dissent and you get 2 games for that.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:03 pm

fed up of handbags, would have more credibility if they threw punches the big tarts

Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:08 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I know he dived and perhaps that saved us. But at that time of the game, WHEN WE HAVE WORKED HARD FOR A POINT, and the ball going towards the corner flag - "we need to keep our hands off their shoulders". Sometimes we make it easy for referees.

I know there are many who would have been pissed off travelling to see us lose 2-1 against 10 men due to a silly penalty.

We got lucky today. Other days we wont be. Our hands simply shouldnt have been on their player!

If Sam Johnstone threw a punch at Aden - bit silly isnt he? I mean Flint would have flattened him and earned the red card!

Your right never give the referee the chance to make a decision because you just don't know which way it will go. I think their player felt the hand and went over but with VAR the referee may well have been called to review it. Mind you with VAR they have their goal cancelled out.

But your right Pack could have cost us massively there.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:12 pm

In the ground I immediately thought a pen because of the noise and commotion,seen it on Twitter and we definitely got away with one there.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:19 pm

M4 Exile wrote:

The ref could not have given that offside. It’s the lino’s call and he is the one who City should be narked at.

VAR wouldn’t have helped us either as they’d have given that last minute penalty.

This ref we’ve had 4 times this season and he’s been poor each time. Remember him booking Pack at Peterborough :roll:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:14 pm

Hilarious that Ismael storms on to the pitch furiously bemoaning that West Brom didn't get a penalty in stoppage time when his side's only goal was two yards offside. Wasn't complaining much then.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:34 pm

Flint didn't get red carded for something he said. He had to physically restrained very strongly as he tried to get at Their keeper. If he wasn't held back he would have flattened him. If we don't win appeal, 3 games I believe will be his punishment for acting violently.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:37 pm

I saw Flint get pushed in the face by their keeper to start the melee. Then everyone joined in.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:48 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:

Where did I say it wasn't a penalty? I asked you a question for clarity. Now I'm saying it wasn't a penalty, happy.

Even from the other end of the ground it’s not hard to see Pack had his arms all over him