A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: KICKING OFF AFTER FINAL WHISTLE

Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:53 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
Sven wrote:Baggies manager Ismael storms on to the pitch at tge finak whistle after his team are denied a penalty that was a blatant attempt to cheat

In the melee that ensued Baggies keeper Sam Johnstone wascred carded and (with some confusion) it appears Bluebird Aiden Flint was shown similar for something he said

I don't think it was 'sheep shagging b@$tards' though ;) :lol:

With frustrated Baggies support causing problems behind the City dug out, it has been an interesting day

FINAL SCORE: WBA 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY
City Scorer: James Collins

I’m sorry mate that was a clear penalty if ever I’ve seen one (admittedly at the ground opposite end). Ref making up for the disaster that was not giving their goal offside.

Are you saying you were at the other end of the ground and could see from there that it was a clear penalty?

In what world is this not a penalty?

https://twitter.com/wba_es/status/14776 ... 22626?s=21

Where did I say it wasn't a penalty? I asked you a question for clarity. Now I'm saying it wasn't a penalty, happy.

Even from the other end of the ground it’s not hard to see Pack had his arms all over him

So clear that the ref didn't give it from a few feet, but you can see it was from a hundred yards away. I didn't think it was a penalty either & I've seen it 10 times now, I'm allowed an opinion just as much as you are.

Now, were you at the other end of the ground as you alluded to or not? You keep avoiding the question.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:01 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
Sven wrote:Baggies manager Ismael storms on to the pitch at tge finak whistle after his team are denied a penalty that was a blatant attempt to cheat

In the melee that ensued Baggies keeper Sam Johnstone wascred carded and (with some confusion) it appears Bluebird Aiden Flint was shown similar for something he said

With frustrated Baggies support causing problems behind the City dug out, it has been an interesting day

I’m sorry mate that was a clear penalty if ever I’ve seen one (admittedly at the ground opposite end). Ref making up for the disaster that was not giving their goal offside.

Are you saying you were at the other end of the ground and could see from there that it was a clear penalty?

Where did I say it wasn't a penalty? I asked you a question for clarity. Now I'm saying it wasn't a penalty, happy.

Even from the other end of the ground it’s not hard to see Pack had his arms all over him

So clear that the ref didn't give it from a few feet, but you can see it was from a hundred yards away. I didn't think it was a penalty either & I've seen it 10 times now, I'm allowed an opinion just as much as you are.

Now, were you at the other end of the ground as you alluded to or not? You keep avoiding the question.

I've looked again and retain my original position; NOT a penalty and the Baggie should have been booked :thumbup:

Clearly an understandably very frustrated and under pressure Ismael but what's the excuse of so-called Bluebirds willing them a penalty that wasn't and largely ignoring the blatant offside that gave them (the zBaggies) their goal? :?

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:29 pm

Everyone entitled to an opinion but for me if it's one of our players going down, everyone one of us would think it was a pen. He clearly puts both hands on the guy and got very lucky. Even Morrison has said its a stone wall penalty. I'd be gutted if we didn't get one of those.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:37 pm

It was a penalty but the first goal was way off side so things evened themselves out in the end. Pack was lucky today as if that penalty had been given we’d have been calling for his head.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:07 am

I felt it was a certainty, live on TV. Looking back 50/50. Theatrical but Pack a very lucky man . It was one of those, that I would be raging at if it would have been at the other end

Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:02 am

M4 Exile wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:

Or that the Baggies player swung his arm and flung himself to the floor!

Whatever the rights and wrongs, the Bluebirds earned their point and coukd have had more

Focus on the positives, if that's an option... ;) :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:57 am

Its interesting to look at the reaction of the WBA player nearest the incident, he didn't even appeal and went chasing the ball...he didn't think it was a penalty.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:17 am

Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:

Yes I was at the other end. It’s still not very hard to see when someone has their arms all over someone, was hardly a foggy day.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:31 am

M4 Exile wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:

Yes I was at the other end. It’s still not very hard to see when someone has their arms all over someone, was hardly a foggy day.

Happens all the time throughout games, particularly corners. Unless absolutely blatant they’re rarely given. I see yesterdays as not blatant.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:33 am

The WBA player made it look like a dive if he went down without the silly actions he might have got it but the way he went down made the ref think he was going for it.

If VAR was there because Pack was silly enough to touch him then it might have been giving but who cares we got a point the amount of dodgy refs we have had we are still owed a lot more like that

Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:21 pm

valleyrambill wrote:The WBA player made it look like a dive if he went down without the silly actions he might have got it but the way he went down made the ref think he was going for it.

If VAR was there because Pack was silly enough to touch him then it might have been giving but who cares we got a point the amount of dodgy refs we have had we are still owed a lot more like that

Exactly.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:18 pm

Albion fans were scrapping with themselves also :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:36 pm

Chris, are you trying to say that some Bluebirds are saying it should have been a pen just to crucify Pack? Personally, I have seen them given but don't think it was myself even if Pack was stupid enough to put his hands on him. As for their manager it should be a ban ( if a fan ran on before the whistle we know what would happen )