Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANOTHER VIEW: WBA V CARDIFF CITY

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:25 pm

After a game in which few held any real expectation of a positive result, I thought we were absolutely robbed by their goal (2 yards offside) and could have won in the end

We took the lead through a very Bluebird-like goal and held on until that goal that never was

The game itself presented opportunities to both sides and the (WBA) sending off seemed to balance the game back in our favour; but alas it wasn't to be

After the game, Aiden Flint apparently said something but not sure if it was linked to the Sam Johnstone sending off after the whistle? That's three reds in 4 games now and is hardly helping the cause

A good point though and positive going forward with the players showing theyvare up for the fight

We need January additions but today was a greatcstartvto the new year and we saw a few players startvto redeem themselves, e.g. Pack, Collins, Harris and young Isaak Davies

Bring it on, Bluebirds...! :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Re: ANOTHER VIEW: WBA V CARDIFF CITY

Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:21 am

[youtube][/youtube]
Sven wrote:After a game in which few held any real expectation of a positive result, I thought we were absolutely robbed by their goal (2 yards offside) and could have won in the end

We took the lead through a very Bluebird-like goal and held on until that goal that never was

The game itself presented opportunities to both sides and the (WBA) sending off seemed to balance the game back in our favour; but alas it wasn't to be

After the game, Aiden Flint apparently said something but not sure if it was linked to the Sam Johnstone sending off after the whistle? That's three reds in 4 games now and is hardly helping the cause

A good point though and positive going forward with the players showing theyvare up for the fight

We need January additions but today was a greatcstartvto the new year and we saw a few players startvto redeem themselves, e.g. Pack, Collins, Harris and young Isaak Davies

Just watched the mêlée at the end Chris, their goalkeeper was going for flint with his elbow in his face! Flint was just trying to hold him off, and the club should appeal the sending off imho, flint was flabbergasted at his card., seems nobody wants "another view" mate? Wintle has to come into midfield straight away (luckily he had a game after his covid spell, and seemed to come through it ok) we have to give white a go, especially now Giles has been re called, and see if he can at least get the ball in the box for the strikers I'd like to see watters be given a go, maybe with another striker. Murphy is not fit, so won't be worth a mention for now, we can only cross our fingers he gives a shit, rather than just run down his lucrative contract.

I have noticed a few seem to have lost the faith already! I can remember back in the day being 4-0 down, but still backing the boys :thumbup: now it's a lot different imho, people have given up the ghost already (not all of course) and don't seem up for what we all knew was going to be a fight, as McCarthy stripped what creativity we had left, sold those he thought were poor (in his cock eye!) Got shot ASAP, hung himself in the process, then gets a pay off for his mistakes! Nice work if you can get it eh :laughing5:

As long as we survive I'm happy for the reset to be happening, as to do it in the lower leagues is a differentkettle of fish! And get this sala hangover done, win or lose, it's a cloud over us we don't need anymore.. :thumbup: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:02 am

bluesince62 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Sven wrote:After a game in which few held any real expectation of a positive result, I thought we were absolutely robbed by their goal (2 yards offside) and could have won in the end

We need January additions but today was a greatcstartvto the new year and we saw a few players start to redeem themselves, e.g. Pack, Collins, Harris and young Isaak Davies

Just watched the mêlée at the end Chris, their goalkeeper was going for flint with his elbow in his face! Flint was just trying to hold him off, and the club should appeal the sending off imho, flint was flabbergasted at his card., seems nobody wants "another view" mate? Wintle has to come into midfield straight away (luckily he had a game after his covid spell, and seemed to come through it ok) we have to give white a go, especially now Giles has been re called, and see if he can at least get the ball in the box for the strikers I'd like to see watters be given a go, maybe with another striker. Murphy is not fit, so won't be worth a mention for now, we can only cross our fingers he gives a shit, rather than just run down his lucrative contract.

I have noticed a few seem to have lost the faith already! I can remember back in the day being 4-0 down, but still backing the boys :thumbup: now it's a lot different imho, people have given up the ghost already (not all of course) and don't seem up for what we all knew was going to be a fight, as McCarthy stripped what creativity we had left, sold those he thought were poor (in his cock eye!) Got shot ASAP, hung himself in the process, then gets a pay off for his mistakes! Nice work if you can get it eh :laughing5:

As long as we survive I'm happy for the reset to be happening, as to do it in the lower leagues is a differentkettle of fish! And get this sala hangover done, win or lose, it's a cloud over us we don't need anymore.. :thumbup: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thanks, Paul; appreciate all that and particularly agree on the opportunity to reset :thumbup:

It's always good to have an 'alternate view' and both myself and Ned (worcester_ccfc) try to support Annis with in-game and post-match reports and assessment. But to be fair, all threads are well read and it is understandable that the majority of written responses will be on Annis' "My View" one. That he is currently 'chilling' (in the relaxed sense) with his loved ones means we are currently trying to take the strain off him. We work as a team!

I've watched the Baggies game again, as well as footage of the very confused melee that resulted in two post-match red cards

For me, I believe any justice will see Flint's rescinded after he was effectively assaulted by an irate Sam Johnstone, who was possibly embarrassed by parts of his own performance on the day. Early reports suggested it was something Flint said

I also stand by my belief the Baggies tried to 'buy' a last gasp penalty and the (generally poor) referee made his best decision of the game, eclipsing even their red card

That's not a one-eyed view, as a glance at previous comments 'admitting' our own transgressions will attest. I love the Bluebirds, I love football, I love the emotion and I love integrity in the game win, lose or draw

I think the return of Ryan Wintle is a massive bonus and his 'loan' out to Blackpool to play 'competitive' football in the Championship may turn out to be a massive positive as he comes back 'game ready' going into the second half of a generally 'disappointing to date' season

It certainly is different nowadays and we have a far more fickle support base, many (certainly not all though) of whom seem to let their heads drop at the first sign of the slightest adversity. Several of them are quite sinister in their constant negativity and seeming inability to say anything positive even when it's warranted

I do 'blame' Mick McCarthy for much of this season's woes, as despite early 'promise' when he was (temporarily) appointed to firefight after a Neil Harris reign that currently doesn't look to have ben so bad

Whilst supporting him in the early days, many of us on here, including me, were against giving him a new contract until the end of the season. That's not to say I wouldn't have supported one at that (end of season) but it would have been the sensible option; although I don't really believe it was influenced by the Glagow Celtic 'link'

I'll never understand why McCarthy seemed to change his whole ethos after the contract award but we certainly went downhill from the very point he should have had confidence in his methodology prior to that point

McCarthy stripped the squad of confidence and creativity with his actions and attitude

His 'loaning out' of certain players (Ryan Wintle possibly being the most surprising) at the start of this season was, I am reliably told, his decision-making; although he was asked to 'lighten' the pay roll and use the club's youngsters 'wherever possible' as the club suffered the (inevitable to me) consequences of Covid-19 and all that ensued

We may have a rather wealthy owner, but he has suffered massively in the same period. Added to that, the potential tsunami of a negative outcome to the Sala situation (I always feel it is better to fear the worst, as anything else from there up can be seen as a positive) it is easy for most to see that wecarecat a crossroads in our history

The owner, taking away for now the rights and wrongs of his roller coaster tenure to date and whether any 'debt' is his or the club's, for me he is protecting the club for its future and (credit to him) even Sam has alluded to how 'lucky' we are to have an owner like Tan during the current pandemic climate

I'm not 'supporting' Tan here; just pointing that the current situation is not/cannot be all his 'fault' as so many 'factors' are now in play; although we know one or two (now relatively 'white noise') posters who will still say he is responsible for all things deemed 'negative' inside the club and in any other sphere of outside life that they can think of :roll:

Now is one of those times for the real Bluebird faithful to get behind club, team, manager and will them to a successful outcome this season, i.e. simple survival in the Championship ahead of a huge summer of change influenced massively by contracts and the outcome (positive or negative) of thr Sala appeal

As life-long Bluebirds, we live more in hope rather than expectation :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:57 pm

Chris, if it takes a relegation for a total reset with off- loading some I will take it. We have got rid of the worst I think in Tomlin but think Morrison, Pack, Murphy need to go, just keeping everything crossed that no one comes in for Moore.

Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:35 pm

JulesK wrote:Chris, if it takes a relegation for a total reset with off- loading some I will take it. We have got rid of the worst I think in Tomlin but think Morrison, Pack, Murphy need to go, just keeping everything crossed that no one comes in for Moore.

Jules, I agree a reset is due and getting rid of Tomlin was a weight off the club (and supporters) shoulders

I can't see Murphy staying given his money and likely Pack

Morrison I'm a little more undecided on; partly out of respect for the fantastic job he's done. It can't be easy for him having to watch his position weakened when as a player and captain he wants to be involved