Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PLAYER RATINGS (BLUEBIRDS V BAGGIES)

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:16 pm

The solid Cardiff City player ratings as striker steps up in Kieffer Moore's absence and Joe Ralls impresses
By Tom Coleman

Here's how the players rated during the 1-1 draw at the Hawthorns on Sunday:

Alex Smithies 8
Produced a save in the first half that was genuinely world class. Denied Grady Diangana with another brilliant stop after the break.

Perry Ng 6
Plenty of endeavour down the right and stuck to his task well, but was guilty of giving the ball away a little too easily at times.

Mark McGuinness 7
Was given a stern test against the likes of Callum Robinson, but largely stood up well both in the tackle and in the air.

Aden Flint 7
As above really. A reasonably solid showing, with his red card after the full-time whistle the only real blot.

Curtis Nelson 7
A really decent showing. Was superb in the air and snuffed out danger on a couple of occasions.

Ryan Giles 6
Put in a couple of decent crosses, and made some decent runs, but wasn't really able to

Marlon Pack 7
Put his foot in well and was a real aerial presence all afternoon. One of his better games. Was perhaps lucky not to give away a penalty, mind.

Joe Ralls (c) 8
Laboured to find the final ball at times, but his delivery for Collins was inch-perfect. A calming influence in midfield overall.

Will Vaulks 7
Back to his usual tenacious self. Worked his socks off in the middle of the park and broke up play nicely. Long throws proved a threat too.

Mark Harris 6
Some really positive runs, and some really tidy touches, but just couldn't quite get going.

James Collins 8 (star man)
Worked his socks off all afternoon and deserved his goal. Hopefully there's more to come.

Subs

Rubin Colwill (on for Vaulks 79) - 5
Came on too late to really make an impact

Isaak Davies (on for Harris 85) - 5
Likewise
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: PLAYER RATINGS (BLUEBIRDS V BAGGIES)

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:25 pm

Hi Sven!
Agree with the scores apart from I thought Ryan Giles deserved higher than a 6 and Curtis Nelson got caught in possession a couple of times. Football is a game of opinions!!

Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:55 pm

Bridgwater Blue wrote:Hi Sven!
Agree with the scores apart from I thought Ryan Giles deserved higher than a 6 and Curtis Nelson got caught in possession a couple of times. Football is a game of opinions!!

Hi there! It is indeed :thumbup:

These were Tom Coleman's ratings; but I am in broad agreemenr and my only doubts would be similar to yours :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:33 pm

I don’t know what game Coleman was watching.

Ralls 8? He was anonymous.
Vaulks 7? He was as usual underwhelming and less than average
Pack 7? Did absolutely nothing of any note.
Collins 8? He scored a goal and ran around a lot.

Only rating he got right was Smithies who made some decent saves.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:40 pm

Collins did okay today, great header for his goal but a good championship striker gets on the end of NG’s cross at the end.

Thought everyone battled well and we deserved the point. We just need some luck with some decisions and we will be fine. Could have easily taken all three today.