Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOLVES CONSIDERING RYAN GILES RECALL?

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:39 am

Wolverhampton Wanderers are considering recalling Ryan Giles from Cardiff City to beef up their squad for the rest of the season.

The 21-year-old joined the Bluebirds in the summer window and he has been one of the standout performers for the Welsh side in the campaign so far, registering an impressive nine assists in 21 games.

And, according to Telegraph reporter John Percy, Wolves are mulling over whether to bring the left-footer back as they deal with injury problems in their own squad.

However, whilst Bruno Lage is working with a very small group, he is well stocked for options at left wing-back and further up the flanks, with Jonny Otto and Pedro Neto set to recover from long-term injuries in the coming weeks.

Nevertheless, the report states that with the Molineux hierarchy reluctant to spend much money this month, Giles could be brought back to ensure Wolves have enough depth moving forward as they look to build on their solid season so far.

Giles played the full game as Cardiff picked up a point at Wanderers’ bitter rivals West Brom yesterday.

This would be a major blow for Steve Morison as his squad is short in certain areas already so losing Giles would just give him another problem in the January window.

You’d have to say it would be a surprise if Wolves did recall the player because they have two left wing-backs ahead of him in the pecking order and Jonny to come back, and they are well-stocked for wingers, if Lage decided to use Giles further forward.

So, Cardiff will be hopeful that nothing comes of it but they will clearly have to put plans in place as losing Giles would be a setback.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WOLVES CONSIDERING RYAN GILES RECALL?

Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:19 pm

Got a pal who is a wolves fan said it’s already been sorted. Him and Sanderson both.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:31 pm

That's the problem with loans.

If they are good they will get recalled, if they are bad you are stuck with them. Its a risky position to be in if you rely on loans.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:36 pm

If he has to go back, Make an approach to Liverpool about Nico Williams, hes only played 3 games all season for the pool :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:40 pm

Whistler wrote:If he has to go back, Make an approach to Liverpool about Nico Williams, hes only played 3 games all season for the pool :ayatollah:

As amazing as that would be he’s been in their squad lately. Plus prem teams will be in.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:33 pm

No more considering he has been recalled. Just announced. We will miss his pace but his delivery has been indifferent in recent weeks. Still a big loss and one we need to replace.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:46 pm

Back to murphy then is it.
It just gets worse flint out moore now giles gone it comes in three' s so they say

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:50 pm

Huge loss for us. He Will need replacing for sure. The club have to strengthen now or we are down.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:51 pm

Yep he has gone.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:54 pm

Whistler wrote:If he has to go back, Make an approach to Liverpool about Nico Williams, hes only played 3 games all season for the pool :ayatollah:

He's played well enough to get a PL loan I would have thought

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:57 pm

We need to move quickly and not at the end of the month either.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:05 pm

We may NEED to move quickly, but I don't think we'll move at all. Our squad will get smaller and smaller, injuries and suspensions will hit harder and harder.

Sad that the powers that be don't see that we need bodies. And I don't mean bringing loans back.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:08 pm

Barclay1 wrote:We may NEED to move quickly, but I don't think we'll move at all. Our squad will get smaller and smaller, injuries and suspensions will hit harder and harder.

Sad that the powers that be don't see that we need bodies. And I don't mean bringing loans back.

Do you not give it a rest for one day?

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:09 pm

City slicker27 wrote:Huge loss for us. He Will need replacing for sure. The club have to strengthen now or we are down.

I wasn't a big fan, but i guess you miss more and memories more clear when gone. It's a loss no doubts about it.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:12 pm

ThomasC wrote:

Very much doubt it. Reckon is a very good championship player but I suspect not really premier league quality. Great crosser but doesn’t score enough goals in the championship let alone premier league and his defending can be suspect. Sorry to see him go but worth giving Bagan another go. We would lose Giles at the end of the season anyway and need to plan for the long term.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:20 pm

FRED KEENOR
Why break a habbit of a lifetime we are always last to look in the bottom of the barrell but this time we are in the sh.tter so if the board wait any longer well they will have to face the firing squad.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:22 pm

Crayfish wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Very much doubt it. Reckon is a very good championship player but I suspect not really premier league quality. Great crosser but doesn’t score enough goals in the championship let alone premier league and his defending can be suspect. Sorry to see him go but worth giving Bagan another go. We would lose Giles at the end of the season anyway and need to plan for the long term.

Hi mate, just to clarify it was an observation on Neco Williams and not Ryan Giles. I agree with everything you said on Ryan. Not PL standard, which makes the recall bizzare to me :oops: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:26 pm

ThomasC wrote:
City slicker27 wrote:Huge loss for us. He Will need replacing for sure. The club have to strengthen now or we are down.

I wasn't a big fan, but i guess you miss more and memories more clear when gone. It's a loss no doubts about it.

Hes assisted a 1/3 of our goals this season. He's a massive loss. We needed strengthening with him in the squad.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:28 pm

City slicker27 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Hes assisted a 1/3 of our goals this season. He's a massive loss. We needed strengthening with him in the squad.

That's a lot of creativity gone out of the team :shock: :oops: not good

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:43 pm

montyblue wrote:FRED KEENOR
Why break a habbit of a lifetime we are always last to look in the bottom of the barrell but this time we are in the sh.tter so if the board wait any longer well they will have to face the firing squad.

Yeah Harry Wilson was definitely bottom of the barrel.

Giles too.

Arter.

Grujic.

Stop talking bollocks.