Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OFFICIAL: RYAN GILES RECALLED BY WOLVES

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:42 pm

Ryan Giles has been given the chance to impress with the Wolves' first-team squad after being recalled from his loan spell at Cardiff City.

The Telford-born 21-year-old – who plays on the left – has the most assists in the Championship this season with nine.

Giles – who signed a long-term contract in December 2020 – has made just one FA Cup appearance for Wolves, but has played regularly on loan at Telford, Shrewsbury, Coventry, Rotherham and Cardiff over the past four years.

Wolves technical director Scott Sellars said: “Gilo has been doing great out on loan.

"He’s been playing in numerous positions, on both wings and wing-back, and has done very well.

"Now, with Covid, injuries and international call-ups, players are dropping out, and he’ll be added to the squad.

“What he’s been doing at Cardiff has been impressive, when he was in forward positions his assist record was outstanding, and this is an opportunity to come back and train with the first-team and show Bruno what he’s learned.

“He came back in the November international break, which was great, and we now need to make sure we have options during the current Covid situation.

"It’s a chance to work with a Premier League first-team for him and we’re making sure we’re protecting ourselves
.”

50/50 on this see who replaces him .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Giles recalled

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:00 pm

I have to wonder whether the player, Wolves or both were unhappy with the way it was going. I don't understand the logic. 1st teamer here, but there?!?

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:04 pm

That's it. Murphy and Whyte are needed.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:09 pm

ThomasC wrote:I have to wonder whether the player, Wolves or both were unhappy with the way it was going. I don't understand the logic. 1st teamer here, but there?!?

Am sure neither were happy with how Giles/he was developing in a very poor team, where he was the only outlet.....

Bet he can't wait to get out of here and actually play for a team/club that has an idea of what football is about.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:34 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:I have to wonder whether the player, Wolves or both were unhappy with the way it was going. I don't understand the logic. 1st teamer here, but there?!?

Am sure neither were happy with how Giles/he was developing in a very poor team, where he was the only outlet.....

Bet he can't wait to get out of here and actually play for a team/club that has an idea of what football is about.
have a day off misery gutts ffs

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:35 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:That's it. Murphy and Whyte are needed.

Agree bring them back, they might do OK under Morison

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Agree bring them back, they might do OK under Morison

Can't do any worse.

Play Murphy like he has Harris as a second striker, invariably further forward than Collins/Moore, on the last shoulder. He has more pace, skill and better finishing than Harris. He can't do any worse.

I also reckon Whyte can play the RWB role if he insists on playing this style.

Who plays LWB now is the problem. Oh how we miss Joe Bennett.

Re: OFFICIAL: RYAN GILES RECALLED BY WOLVES

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:14 pm

:bluebird:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:54 pm

Unless we sign a decent winger on loan our season will only go further backwards from here. Giles was our only creator. We were very good against a poor West Brom but take Giles out and we would have struggled. Murphy is shit and will always be shit. Winter was awful when he played for us so let’s hope he’s improved a lot. Part of me wishes someone bids £9m for Moore but it will never happen. Harris to Germany for 750k would be good business if any of it’s true.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:16 pm

Holliets just scored 2 for reading putting them above us

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:26 pm

montyblue wrote:Holliets just scored 2 for reading putting them above us

….and keeping Derby rooted at the bottom. Thanks

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:38 pm

Preston are paying half his wages i believe. If so we would be better off using that money to get someone else in on loan because i cant see Murphy being the player a relegation battle.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:39 pm

BLUEBIRDOCT 1962
Ironic we loose our winger who has' nt scored for us and our x winger bangs in 2 on the same day

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:07 pm

Thankfully Derby equalised, much better to take 2pts off Reading and Derby than give either 3pts.
As for Giles I find it odd that his instagram has no mention of leaving Cardiff only him sharing Wolves post about his return with a heart emoji. Now I know he is a Wolves player and wants to prove himself there but its unusual to not send a message to Cardiff fans (like Ryan Wintle has done to Blackpool fans). Makes you wonder if there is more going on than we realise, it doesn't seem to be the best place for team spirit at the moment.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:36 pm

CantonStandBob

I don' t think giles liked playing so much in defence as an out and out winger
imo seeing him at blackpool 1st game he loved it getting to the by line and wiping in crosses but under mc carthy it got less and less
more defence
and wingback under morrison so maybe he was loosing his ability to pass a player and was just unhappy in a more defensive roll

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:42 pm

montyblue wrote:CantonStandBob

I don' t think giles liked playing so much in defence as an out and out winger
imo seeing him at blackpool 1st game he loved it getting to the by line and wiping in crosses but under mc carthy it got less and less
more defence
and wingback under morrison so maybe he was loosing his ability to pass a player and was just unhappy in a more defensive roll

Monty boy, how are you? Long time.

I can tell you that Wolves wanted Giles to play as a wingback but for me he was much better as a left sided midfielder/winger as you say.

All immaterial now as he’s gone!

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:53 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Right tidy thanks and still on the planet hope all is well with thee and happy new year to you sir
If wolves wanted him as wing back fair enough imo he was a much better attacking winger
As you say immaterial

Tan has a lot to think about and hope he has his finger on the pulse and does not wait till end of january
its all difficult for everybody but we are really down to bare bones imo weakest squad in 20 years hopefully dalhman will read my post on Tan time to bite the bullet.you take care and nice to see your name pop up.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:12 pm

montyblue wrote:OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Right tidy thanks and still on the planet hope all is well with thee and happy new year to you sir
If wolves wanted him as wing back fair enough imo he was a much better attacking winger
As you say immaterial

Tan has a lot to think about and hope he has his finger on the pulse and does not wait till end of january
its all difficult for everybody but we are really down to bare bones imo weakest squad in 20 years hopefully dalhman will read my post on Tan time to bite the bullet.you take care and nice to see your name pop up.

Same to you and thanks Monty boy. I don’t post as much I used to.

Trust me, there are no funds now or at the end of January - even for loans.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:05 pm

Total disaster. No other word to describe it

Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:57 pm

Shame about this - as when Ive seen him play he was very very effective.