Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gonna be difficult to get loans in with Covid as is

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:07 pm

Hence why Giles has been recalled.

We really need to get our players back. Whyte would be perfect left wing back. He was on the left for Oxford the other day. Played very well. Wintle be better than what we have centre mid apart from Ralls. Murphy far better than Bacuna and Watters better than Harris.

Re: Gonna be difficult to get loans in with Covid as is

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:35 pm

maccydee wrote:Hence why Giles has been recalled.

We really need to get our players back. Whyte would be perfect left wing back. He was on the left for Oxford the other day. Played very well. Wintle be better than what we have centre mid apart from Ralls. Murphy far better than Bacuna and Watters better than Harris.

This what makes it all the more bizzare. Players out on loan BETTER than what's in the 1sts. A Committee of clowns

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:03 pm

The transfer window should be scrapped during times like this or at least the loan element of it.

Clubs have no money, players going to be stockpiled (just in case) and development of players stunted.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:04 pm

ThomasC wrote:

This what makes it all the more bizzare. Players out on loan BETTER than what's in the 1sts. A Committee of clowns

Clearly that’s on Mick McCarthy. You know, the manager at the time.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:16 pm

maccydee wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Don't the Committee have a say on all incoming/outgoing transfers? They're the experts; why they allow it? Was it encouraged?? :banghead:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:30 pm

ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Don't the Committee have a say on all incoming/outgoing transfers? They're the experts; why they allow it? Was it encouraged?? :banghead:

Committees have different ‘experts’ sitting on them - McCarthy would have been the football voice and it was clear he thought Wintle was better off getting experience than sitting on the bench. The finance experts would have then signed that off if he wasn’t going to play him.

Question for me is how did he end up here in the first place - however he did, appears to have done really well at Blackpool and should be a good addition for us having spent half a season getting to grips with this league and possibly being their best player.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:44 pm

ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Much like anyone else on here I’m not sure.

But I would imagine that Mick would have had a massive input.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:45 pm

Blue78 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Committees have different ‘experts’ sitting on them - McCarthy would have been the football voice and it was clear he thought Wintle was better off getting experience than sitting on the bench. The finance experts would have then signed that off if he wasn’t going to play him.

Question for me is how did he end up here in the first place - however he did, appears to have done really well at Blackpool and should be a good addition for us having spent half a season getting to grips with this league and possibly being their best player.

A great answer, makes sense :occasion5: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:34 pm

I think Whyte would be a great shout but I disagree with Murphy.
I don’t want the gutless sod here in a relegation battle personally.

There will be no funds for other loans.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:53 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue

"No funds"
then i am afraid its the likes of Accrington stanley and the mighty shrews next season for us.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:56 pm

montyblue wrote:OriginalGrangeEndBlue

"No funds"
then i am afraid its the likes of Accrington stanley and the mighty shrews next season for us.

Nah … keep the faith we’ll be ok

Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:03 pm

montyblue wrote:OriginalGrangeEndBlue

"No funds"

Disagree but

We did say rather be blue in league two

Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:22 pm

We were never going to bring good loan signings in anyway as we have no funds to pay their wages and of course committee have the final say on everything and they said that when they set it up, i think six years ago?
We were tons their was no money and even maybe no money next summer.
You got to feel sorry Morison

Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:53 pm

Ninian27 wrote:We were never going to bring good loan signings in anyway as we have no funds to pay their wages and of course committee have the final say on everything and they said that when they set it up, i think six years ago?

I mean Giles was a pretty good loan signing

Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:01 pm

maccydee wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:We were never going to bring good loan signings in anyway as we have no funds to pay their wages and of course committee have the final say on everything and they said that when they set it up, i think six years ago?

Mate, Giles had never played for Wolves in premier or championship and is young, he had been previously on loan at Rotherham and Coventry. Mick to be fair done well their, a cheap loan signing paid of :bluebird:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:05 pm

Ninian27 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Mate, Giles had never played for Wolves in premier or championship and is young, he had been previously on loan at Rotherham and Coventry. Mick to be fair done well their, a cheap loan signing paid of :bluebird:

Harry Wilson?

Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:19 pm

maccydee wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Harry Wilson?

Last season mate , keep up with what’s going on :lol:

What premier loans this season?

Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:33 pm

Ninian27 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Harry Wilson?

Last season mate , keep up with what’s going on :lol:

What premier loans this season?

Giles.

Plus you said committee and six years not this season.