Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CUT THE BULLSHIT :

Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:What I don't get is, one minute there are posts saying , "no youngsters starting (Bournemouth as an example) Morison doesn't trust them" "not good enough" etc etc, to "a team full of younsters" , not many youngsters are starting, or playing full games! We have a squad with a lot of youngsters, not a team?

What is clear to me, is some posters have seemed to have already started to doubt if he is the right man, and don't seem to have the patience of others, that have wanted our club to do a reset, and in truth I'm one, even said if we can do it, and keep our Championship status, that for me will be enough for this season, I for one am fed up of us signing crocks, journey men, last pay day searchers, fat long contracts , that usually end up being paid off! , players like bacuna, who I have met, and is a nice lad, but steals a big pay packet each month, etc etc.

I'm sure most of the board, and I include Barclay1 in this, we're pleased with the "commitee" when they chose Morison, over some of the dreaded names mentioned, and some even praised it as a good positive appointment, kudos to tthe committee etc, and I'm damn sure we all said the transformation would not happen overnight,and we as fans needed patience like the old days, where we got behind the boys 100%, even at 4-0 down! Imho, it's like McCarthy was told his tenure was in a bad position, then he was allowed to choose who stayed, was sold, or went on loan, he stripped the squad of creativity, hung himself in the process, but left the squad lopsided as f@ck to boot!!

I'll be over the moon at survival, the sala case to come to a close, one way or the other! And see where that all leaves us, until then, I'm KEEPING THE FAITH! remember them words bluebirds. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

If No youngsters don’t start then why would it not Paul be mentioned?

When they did start 3-4 of them then it was mentioned .

As to the comments / words they are Steve Morison’s No one else’s so why not put them on here if he has said them?

I have virtually praised Morison, but I feel the only way we can improve is by strengthening this month, otherwise we are in this battle till the end of the season, thankfully we might be saved by other clubs? But do we really want to take that chance?

You seem to be missing my point Annis, not having a pop, but we dont have a "team" full of youngsters.we have a squad with lots in, but hardly a team each week. We ALL know its a big step for any youngsters from u 23 to 1st team,and not all will be good enough, if we have 3 that come through this year, for me thats an achievement in itself.
I think we are in a battle, new recruitments or not, time to roll the sleeves up and fight.

Paul,

I said from day one if 1-3 youngsters made it every year, I would be more than happy.

But we have had Xero coming through for 12 years and then suddenly Tan said I want a first team squad full of them, yet the majority are def not good enough.

They got Media Wales to put out they were all stars and for me totally bullshitted to our fans.

Yes you can ease a couple in every season if they are good enough , but we suddenly had 10.

I certainly agree that no way will 10 of the current U23s make it. As I said earlier in the thread, 3 possibly 4 of the current crop look good enough now. Not necessarily those currently in the first team squad now either. I still think that there are others who haven't had a chance in the first team yet who could make it but I understand why they haven't all been blooded at the same time.

It will be a while before we know for sure but at least we are now having conversations like this whereas for too many years there was nothing to talk about :roll: :lol:

Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:What I don't get is, one minute there are posts saying , "no youngsters starting (Bournemouth as an example) Morison doesn't trust them" "not good enough" etc etc, to "a team full of younsters" , not many youngsters are starting, or playing full games! We have a squad with a lot of youngsters, not a team?

What is clear to me, is some posters have seemed to have already started to doubt if he is the right man, and don't seem to have the patience of others, that have wanted our club to do a reset, and in truth I'm one, even said if we can do it, and keep our Championship status, that for me will be enough for this season, I for one am fed up of us signing crocks, journey men, last pay day searchers, fat long contracts , that usually end up being paid off! , players like bacuna, who I have met, and is a nice lad, but steals a big pay packet each month, etc etc.

I'm sure most of the board, and I include Barclay1 in this, we're pleased with the "commitee" when they chose Morison, over some of the dreaded names mentioned, and some even praised it as a good positive appointment, kudos to tthe committee etc, and I'm damn sure we all said the transformation would not happen overnight,and we as fans needed patience like the old days, where we got behind the boys 100%, even at 4-0 down! Imho, it's like McCarthy was told his tenure was in a bad position, then he was allowed to choose who stayed, was sold, or went on loan, he stripped the squad of creativity, hung himself in the process, but left the squad lopsided as f@ck to boot!!

I'll be over the moon at survival, the sala case to come to a close, one way or the other! And see where that all leaves us, until then, I'm KEEPING THE FAITH! remember them words bluebirds. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

If No youngsters don’t start then why would it not Paul be mentioned?

When they did start 3-4 of them then it was mentioned .

As to the comments / words they are Steve Morison’s No one else’s so why not put them on here if he has said them?

I have virtually praised Morison, but I feel the only way we can improve is by strengthening this month, otherwise we are in this battle till the end of the season, thankfully we might be saved by other clubs? But do we really want to take that chance?

You seem to be missing my point Annis, not having a pop, but we dont have a "team" full of youngsters.we have a squad with lots in, but hardly a team each week. We ALL know its a big step for any youngsters from u 23 to 1st team,and not all will be good enough, if we have 3 that come through this year, for me thats an achievement in itself.
I think we are in a battle, new recruitments or not, time to roll the sleeves up and fight.

Paul,

I said from day one if 1-3 youngsters made it every year, I would be more than happy.

But we have had Xero coming through for 12 years and then suddenly Tan said I want a first team squad full of them, yet the majority are def not good enough.

They got Media Wales to put out they were all stars and for me totally bullshitted to our fans.

Yes you can ease a couple in every season if they are good enough , but we suddenly had 10.

Yes Annis, I know you have said it many times,but the past is just that,the past.Im differentI guess? Im more of a here and now kind of person, we cannot change what has happened, but in truth, these 18/19/20 yr olds have been at their game for a goid ten yrs now, if they are picked up at around 8/9, so its taken time for them to grow, and for some, get their chances.

I dont believe tan meant a whole team in one fell swoop! Even he cannot believe that would work.I think he meant he wants cardiff city to eventually be filled with young and local talent.Unfortunately, they let McCarthy pick and choose! And hd screwed us royally, by removing any creation/speed we had, thus leaving morison with little choice on players coming in, some ready, some clearly not.ALL clubs would love to have 3 a yr make it, but the truth is they dont at most clubs.we have to nuture what we have got, in order for more to make it, or we pick up cast offs from other clubs? McGuinness has been a good find, and th here are plenty more out there imho, especially from the premier league.We either give our kids the opportunity to progress, and that can take years imo.
I agree we could do with a couple of experienced additions this month, but with covid taking its toll( giles as example) most teams are likely to hang on to what they've got with fringe players especially.I have a feeling we m as y yet get a little surprise, its happened before, when there was no money available.but if it doesnt happen, we will just have to tough it out, and go with what we have.
Will it be enough if thats how this month goes? Who knows, but our club needs us,steve morison needs us behind him,and we need to be "old school" in our backing, especially when we are behind in games,I recall b er ing in the crowds at ninian park, we would go a goal down, but then drown out the oppo fans celebrations, with BLUERBIRDS! BLUEBIRDS! BLUEBIRDS! we need that kind of backing, from now till seasons end imho.
As I said Annis, its not a pop at yourself, but there are a few others, that have 0 positive to say about the club,and pick at the hierarchy whenever something is not rosy, like losing a game.

Ive always been a glass half full guy, and some are the polar opposite, picking at any scab until it bleeds.

Onwards and upwards (not downwards!) CCFC.

Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Football isn't as complicated as some folk would have us think. In essence assuming a manager cannot bring in players, the very most he can do is get the best out of the squad he has - and I think Morison's pretty close to doing that. We're not Nottingham Forest - a squad full of good, capable Championship footballers, under-performing under Houghton, but now thriving under Cooper.
Re. the 'youngsters', I doubt they would be challenging for places in many other Championship clubs, though paradoxically because we're so poor it's harder to show potential.

Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Football isn't as complicated as some folk would have us think. In essence assuming a manager cannot bring in players, the very most he can do is get the best out of the squad he has - and I think Morison's pretty close to doing that. We're not Nottingham Forest - a squad full of good, capable Championship footballers, under-performing under Houghton, but now thriving under Cooper.
Re. the 'youngsters', I doubt they would be challenging for places in many other Championship clubs, though paradoxically because we're so poor it's harder to show potential.

Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:22 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:Football isn't as complicated as some folk would have us think. In essence assuming a manager cannot bring in players, the very most he can do is get the best out of the squad he has - and I think Morison's pretty close to doing that. We're not Nottingham Forest - a squad full of good, capable Championship footballers, under-performing under Houghton, but now thriving under Cooper.

Monkfish,

Over the years, we have rarely agreed, but you are so right the majority of our youngsters are not Championship quality and the Committee have forced them on to our managers .
Of course we want our youngsters to do well, but fair play to Steve Morison he knows they mostly not good enough and has hardly played them.

We would probably be below Derby now if Tan had had his way and the first team was playing all of them.

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:12 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:Re. the 'youngsters', I doubt they would be challenging for places in many other Championship clubs, though paradoxically because we're so poor it's harder to show potential.

However paradoxically again ( is that a double or parrallel paradox? :wtf: ) wouldn't it be easier for the youngster to keep his place in a poor team?

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:23 pm

Through this current chaos comes opportunities. Places are available for the youth players like never before. If you play midfield, prove you're better than Bacuna and Pack and it's there for the taking, a dream to be a pro yes! :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:37 pm

To cut the Bullshit, ban mediawales articles from this board. They serve no purpose here.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:07 am

ThomasC wrote:Through this current chaos comes opportunities. Places are available for the youth players like never before. If you play midfield, prove you're better than Bacuna and Pack and it's there for the taking, a dream to be a pro yes! :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Agree all the u23s must be thinking if I do well I'm in with a chance ,let's face it under all other managers they never got a look in

Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:59 am

wez1927 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:Through this current chaos comes opportunities. Places are available for the youth players like never before. If you play midfield, prove you're better than Bacuna and Pack and it's there for the taking, a dream to be a pro yes! :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Agree all the u23s must be thinking if I do well I'm in with a chance ,let's face it under all other managers they never got a look in

That dream becomes a nightmare under certain Manager's we've had. I like Morisson a lot knowing he's not anti-youth. HNY Wez :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:01 am

rumpo kid wrote:To cut the Bullshit, ban mediawales articles from this board. They serve no purpose here.

Why no purpose?

Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:18 am

ThomasC wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

That dream becomes a nightmare under certain Manager's we've had. I like Morisson a lot knowing he's not anti-youth. HNY Wez :ayatollah:

Happy new year to you ,i like the way the club is going with the massive investment in the facilities over the last decade got to be good for the on going future ,new academy, houses of sports poping up all over South wales ,well done the club for this.with past owners we were training all over the places even locked out of facilities, I remember dave Jones saying we never had a grass pitch to train on,those days are gone thankfully. The club needs a clear out of mediocre high earners and start again which seems to be happening

Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:43 pm

Totally agree Thomas.

The youth / Academy/ U23’s this was and still is their biggest chances to finally shine, if they really are any good this season will really tell us.

As Bellamy and Morison have said they both in the last few years took over a hell of a mess on how the Academy and structure has been run all these years.

Both had to clear up the mess and bring through these players. Now the players have the chance to prove themselves.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree Thomas.

The youth / Academy/ U23’s this was and still is their biggest chances to finally shine, if they really are any good this season will really tell us.

As Bellamy and Morison have said they both in the last few years took over a hell of a mess on how the Academy and structure has been run all these years.

Both had to clear up the mess and bring through these players. Now the players have the chance to prove themselves.

HNY to you Annis,

This the theme of the thread, to cut the bullshit. There is no obstacles left in the way, no more excuses. It's a club decision to go 0 to 100mph on intergration of youth. No excuses please from anyone :old:

Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:06 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree Thomas.

HNY to you Annis,

This the theme of the thread, to cut the bullshit. There is no obstacles left in the way, no more excuses. It's a club decision to go 0 to 100mph on intergration of youth. No excuses please from anyone :old:

Exactly Thomas :thumbright: