Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Confirmed: Cardiff City Striker goes out on loan

Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:43 am

Cardiff striker Chanka Zimba is set to join Northampton Town on loan.

He came through Blackburn’s Academy but was released a year ago and Cardiff then signed him up and have this season given him another year on his contract until June 2024.

The 20-year-old has been tipped for a bright future in the capital, and has been a standout performer for the under-23s.

However, he has so far struggled to make the step up to the first team, and hasn't been included in a matchday squad since he was handed a first senior start in the win over Preston earlier this season.

Manager Steve Morison was very critical of him by saying he never put one foot right in the game and has not played him since.

He could now be set for a move to Northampton Town League Two.

Re: ‘ Cardiff City Striker set to go out on loan ‘

Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:31 am

Some 'tough love' from Steve Morison, who appears to have high expectations of those who want to play in his sides (at all levels)

Done correctly, I think the stronger and more determined characters will listen, learn and improve performances and maybe attitudes (that latter part genuinely not aimed at Chanka Zimba)

Like many, I have high hopes for Chanka Zimba and this would be a good move to a decent club for the lad. Hopefully he can get the game time that benefits him, Northampton and Cardiff City FC on his return

Good luck, Chanka Zimba, if it comes about :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:11 am

Sven wrote:Some 'tough love' from Steve Morison, who appears to have high expectations of those who want to play in his sides (at all levels)

Done correctly, I think the stronger and more determined characters will listen, learn and improve performances and maybe attitudes (that latter part genuinely not aimed at Chanka Zimba)

Like many, I have high hopes for Chanka Zimba and this would be a good move to a decent club for the lad. Hopefully he can get the game time that benefits him, Northampton and Cardiff City FC on his return

Agreed, in the game he started he looked like he was struggling with the sheer physicality at that level so a loan spell is exactly what he needs. We can then assess whether he can adapt or whether the Championship is going to be too much for him.

He has an eye for goal, that's for sure, so we need to try and help him make that transition.

Loan worked for Earnie all those years ago :old: :lol:

Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:02 am

I remember earnie going out on loan and came back a much better player

Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:21 pm

wez1927 wrote:I remember earnie going out on loan and came back a much better player

Yeah but as far as Zimba goes they just need to loan him out to your chippy to beef him up a bit.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:37 pm

Sven wrote:Some 'tough love' from Steve Morison, who appears to have high expectations of those who want to play in his sides (at all levels)

Well said Chris,

Yes I agree with you , good luck to Zimba :thumbright:

Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:39 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I remember earnie going out on loan and came back a much better player

Yeah but as far as Zimba goes they just need to loan him out to your chippy to beef him up a bit.

Agreed Ian,

Zimba needs the experience and def to be beefed up and stronger.

It was Sam who had Earnshaw doing extra training and weight training four times a week under the Grandstand at Ninian Park.
He was to weak on the ball and needed a few muscles :lol:

Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:28 pm

Good move for him. Joining a winning team too as Northampton are second in league two. Hopefully he will get some game time as he seems to have brought in to replace a Spurs loanee who has been recalled.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:09 am

Good Luck to the Lad .

Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:01 am

Crayfish wrote:Good move for him. Joining a winning team too as Northampton are second in league two. Hopefully he will get some game time as he seems to have brought in to replace a Spurs loanee who has been recalled.

Christ even spurs recalling players from Northampton. I wonder how many players are actually available this window.

Re: Confirmed: Cardiff City Striker goes out on loan

Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:53 am

Good move for him. All our better youngsters should be gaining experience like this if our squad wasn't so weak. Embarrassing really when you think we were only in the prem a few seasons ago.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:40 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Crayfish wrote:Good move for him. Joining a winning team too as Northampton are second in league two. Hopefully he will get some game time as he seems to have brought in to replace a Spurs loanee who has been recalled.

Christ even spurs recalling players from Northampton. I wonder how many players are actually available this window.

Seems covid is having huge impact on things as they stand, teams recalling players everywhere!!