Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Drakeford latest on fans attending matches:

Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:54 pm

Drakeford today extended the ban on fans attending sports Stadiums in Wales / 50 in attendance max

Re: Drakeford latest on fans attending matches:

Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:06 pm

This news is going to cause outrage [online] at the weekly skype meeting Cardiff City F.C Comittee Conference Call (how many c's was that!) :angry4: :angry5:

Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:20 pm

I'd hate to be Drakeford if Ken or Mehmet managed to get his skype number. Forget about the hairdyer treatment, they'd go bloody ape!

Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:13 am

Yet we keep voting for the tit.

I find it hilarious that we have the “at least it’s not the tories” attitude. Even though they have NEVER had control of the assembly.

Yet at Westminster labour can’t get close to power because people don’t trust THEM!

System is rigged broken or buggered. Or all 3

Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:29 am

Truth is Wales is full of plastics who don't care what happens to Cardiff City.
Hardly anyone supports regional rugby.
What percentage of the population actually go to night clubs?
There lies the problem.
Personaly, I'm totally pissed off with the situation.
Drakeford will come out in a few weeks time and say we've all be good boys and girls and covid passports return just in time for the six nations.

If you voted for Labour and Drakeford

Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:32 am

If you voted for Labour and Drakeford - then Wales is getting exactly what it voted for.

Drakeford trying to stop Wales 6 nations being played at spurs - that will end up in court

We as a club are losing a couple of million because of this idiots actions.

So I guess if you voted for Drakeford and Labour - you'd be happy and vote for them again ?

Re: If you voted for Labour and Drakeford

Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:53 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:If you voted for Labour and Drakeford - then Wales is getting exactly what it voted for.

Drakeford trying to stop Wales 6 nations being played at spurs - that will end up in court

So I guess if you voted for Drakeford and Labour - you'd be happy and vote for them again ?

I voted for drakeford and am man enough to admit that was a massive mistake on my part..ive voted labour all my life im 61 now & was an activist in the party in my younger days & a strong supporter of WAG... but will never vote for him him again following his total overreaction to the latest wave of the common cold/flu..sorry i mean omnicron

Re: If you voted for Labour and Drakeford

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:16 am

neathbluebird wrote:
ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:If you voted for Labour and Drakeford - then Wales is getting exactly what it voted for.

I voted for drakeford and am man enough to admit that was a massive mistake on my part..ive voted labour all my life im 61 now & was an activist in the party in my younger days & a strong supporter of WAG... but will never vote for him him again following his total overreaction to the latest wave of the common cold/flu..sorry i mean omnicron

Not just the last month or the last two years... don't forget the abject failings in transport, education and healthcare in Wales! Pretty much everything that has been devolved to them?!

But hey, I still hear people in Wales blaming Westminster for those problems. There lies the problem, the thickos don't know who does what! The WG is f*cking pointless.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:31 am

stickywicket wrote:Truth is Wales is full of plastics who don't care what happens to Cardiff City.
Hardly anyone supports regional rugby.
What percentage of the population actually go to night clubs?
There lies the problem.
Personaly, I'm totally pissed off with the situation.
Drakeford will come out in a few weeks time and say we've all be good boys and girls and covid passports return just in time for the six nations.

Exactly and that's a far greater risk!

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:18 am

He’s a pound shop Corbyn who never got his nonce fathering head out of student politics. An ideologue who’s never had a pragmatic thought in his life. Shut the assembly down it’s a waste of money that only ever came into being because Welsh speaking speratists voted for it because they see it as a stepping stone to full independence.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:36 pm

We need another referendum on this.. it has never worked and never will. It represents where blind loyalty and Nationalism gets you.. a Yes Cymru Toytown.

If the idle majority could get up off its arse....

Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:53 pm

rumpo kid wrote:We need another referendum on this.. it has never worked and never will. It represents where blind loyalty and Nationalism gets you.. a Yes Cymru Toytown.

If the idle majority could get up off its arse....

Agree with every word. beleiving in Nation centred governance brings some kind of pride and freedom from Westminster. Jokes on them

Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:12 pm

Jock wrote:He’s a pound shop Corbyn who never got his nonce fathering head out of student politics. An ideologue who’s never had a pragmatic thought in his life. Shut the assembly down it’s a waste of money that only ever came into being because Welsh speaking speratists voted for it because they see it as a stepping stone to full independence.

Very true Jock.

I lived in a street that had a number of these Welsh speaking separatists. One of them was my mums best friend and I got to know her very well. However, in one conversation she said she did not agree going Independent which confused me. From that day I always felt if we did go Independent it would be a problem which it is turning out to be. Then again are we Independent? Yes we have our Assembly but is it a Puppet regime to the overlords English? It exhausts me just thinking about it.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:43 pm

Covid rates per 100,000: England 1,709, Scotland 1,949, Wales 2,470. I’m no virologist but on those stats stricter measures certainly don’t appear to be helping.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:05 pm

I find it laughable when separatists call “the English” our oppressors or any other dictator type name.

It’s ridiculous. Maybe a few hundred years ago. Today? “The English” don’t view us any differently at all because we aren’t.

Maybe some of them should try crossing offahs dyke now and then.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:20 pm

I wish the people putting questions to the first minister after his speech grow some b.lls nobody seems to pin him down one woman asked him how many people have died in hospital from omicron and he simply did not answer her. He skirted away from the question and the bbc just wanted to know about the rugby forthcoming home nations nothing about the football .

Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:30 pm

Drakeford keeps banging on about this wave and hospitalizations and caring for wales why does he not turn the principality stadium into a nightingale hospital again then if he is rhat worried
that would put the cat among the pigeons

Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:44 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I find it laughable when separatists call “the English” our oppressors or any other dictator type name.

It’s ridiculous. Maybe a few hundred years ago. Today? “The English” don’t view us any differently at all because we aren’t.

In Scotland the Natz talk about the yoke of English oppression, or of being invaded and colonised by English overlords. Most of them have never left the 14th century. Time to stop blaming the English for all our problems.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:50 pm

Jock wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:I find it laughable when separatists call “the English” our oppressors or any other dictator type name.

In Scotland the Natz talk about the yoke of English oppression, or of being invaded and colonised by English overlords. Most of them have never left the 14th century. Time to stop blaming the English for all our problems.

The actual point is that now these devolved powers given to Drakeford or in your case Jimmy, are being seriously used against us! English laugh!

Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:10 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Jock wrote:

The actual point is that now these devolved powers given to Drakeford or in your case Jimmy, are being seriously used against us! English laugh!

In my case it’s Drakeford mate, Krankie is an evil bitch but she’s got no influence in Barry.

Open up football stadiums in Wales, being able to legally travel 40 miles to Ashton Gate, to attend a game, while the CCS is closed really is beyond ludicrous.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:20 pm

Jock wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Jock wrote:

In my case it’s Drakeford mate, Krankie is an evil bitch but she’s got no influence in Barry.

Open up football stadiums in Wales, being able to legally travel 40 miles to Ashton Gate, to attend a game, while the CCS is closed really is beyond ludicrous.

Yup. I know i go into 'conspiracy theories' sometimes, how much the devolution was planned to enslave us more etc. I'd just rather have them while conspiracist theory ideas are still legal in print lol :thumbright:

Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:34 pm

We will be back in by February, he wont go against the WRU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:39 pm

fred keenor wrote:We will be back in by February, he wont go against the WRU

That's how I see it now. He's clearly using sport (not just football) to make his point but will likely bow to the WRU and we will see outdoor events open up around the end of the month, just in time for.... ;)

Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:18 pm

FRED KEENOR

That maybe the case that he will not go against WRU
but perhaps a percentage of the size of the stadium i cannot see him letting go of his grip on the podium like some victorian chapel preacher from the past.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:35 pm

On a side note - Drakeford like Carwyn Jones and Rhodri Morgan before pull the same trick.

When they are running for a second term in office they always say they wont do the full term. They say they will quit before the next election. Then in the same breath they have used the same story - if you dont like me - you can still vote Labour as I will be gone in a couple of years and you'll have a new leader.

And each time people in Wales fall for the same old cr@p. the WAG have been given responsibility for Health and Education. We are bottom of the UK league tables for education. Health - Drakeford and Gethin as his Health Minster made a complete dogs breakfast of it all. Longer waiting times, longer cancer waiting times, massive waiting times and the Welsh Ambulance Service is a fecking disgrace. the Labour party under Carwyn Jones and subsequently Drakeford switch the budgets from Heath to welfare payments.

Cardiff and Vale has 9 Ambulances plus 2 paramedic first responders, Bristol has three times that number of Ambulances.

After 26 years in power by the time of the next election. You would think people give someone else a go. It is the only the Valleys area and a few places in north wales that keep them in power. I think a lot of it is ingrained into certain people - thatcher / mines etc.

Most normal people would like to ensure and inspire their kids not to have coal mining as a career choice - just my opinion.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:02 am

montyblue wrote:I wish the people putting questions to the first minister after his speech grow some b.lls nobody seems to pin him down one woman asked him how many people have died in hospital from omicron and he simply did not answer her. He skirted away from the question and the bbc just wanted to know about the rugby forthcoming home nations nothing about the football .

Completely agree. The media is a joke. Controlled. Subservient. The way in which these news conferences are run allow Drakeford to jump to next one as soon as he is uncomfortable and never any challenge. And then the stooge from Carers weekly there to ask the question Drakeford wanted to answer. It's a joke.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:37 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:
montyblue wrote:I wish the people putting questions to the first minister after his speech grow some b.lls nobody seems to pin him down one woman asked him how many people have died in hospital from omicron and he simply did not answer her. He skirted away from the question and the bbc just wanted to know about the rugby forthcoming home nations nothing about the football .

Completely agree. The media is a joke. Controlled. Subservient. The way in which these news conferences are run allow Drakeford to jump to next one as soon as he is uncomfortable and never any challenge. And then the stooge from Carers weekly there to ask the question Drakeford wanted to answer. It's a joke.

Just watched Papa Smurfs interview on the Trevor Phillips Show today, the man really is a babbling chimp, he maintains Covid is worse in England and it’s unfair to compare the whole of Wales with the whole of England because some English hotspots have higher rates than some parts of Wales.Man’s an absolute crank.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:49 am

Pretty much the only reason any sector is struggling now is due to staffing levels. Call an end (or shorten) the isolation period and we'll be back to normal sooner!

I notice America is now 5 days! I'm calling it, by Easter you won't have to isolate or test. Live with it.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:50 am

Jock wrote:

Just watched Papa Smurfs interview on the Trevor Phillips Show today, the man really is a babbling chimp, he maintains Covid is worse in England and it’s unfair to compare the whole of Wales with the whole of England because some English hotspots have higher rates than some parts of Wales.Man’s an absolute crank.

The art of a politician is the bend the 'stats' to suit the agenda and Drakeford is an expert; albeit a transparent one

The guy is the Welsh Tony Blair; he believes it when he says it but rarely backs it up later :oops:

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:01 pm

Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:

The art of a politician is the bend the 'stats' to suit the agenda and Drakeford is an expert; albeit a transparent one

The guy is the Welsh Tony Blair; he believes it when he says it but rarely backs it up later :oops:

What a pisspoor choice of politicians we have.